Clephas fanfic contest: VNs and games as prizes!

Clephas

Basically, this is just an excuse to giveaway a copy of the recently-released Tokyo Babel, as well as two other games as consolation prizes.  There are two rounds in the contest.  The first round is an entry round, where members of the community write up a fanfic based on my Clephas roleplay (for those who haven't encountered it, a profile is written below).  It will then be judged by Kaguya and Rooke, who will determine if it is acceptable grammatically, has the right touch of humor (generally absurdity) to it, and fits within the Clephas persona. 

The second round is basically a lottery... those whose works were judged 'acceptable' by both Kaguya and Rooke (if only one judges it so, I have the tie-breaker vote).  I will assign numbers from 1 to however many acceptable works there are, which will then be put into a random number generator.  First place is a Steam copy of Tokyo babel, and the second and third place prizes are Nekopara Vol 0 and the Sega Genesis Classic Pack 5 (containing the old Sega Genesis Phantasy Star games).  Second place will have the option of either of the runner-up prizes and third will get the remaining prize.

Entries will be excepted from now to 12:00AM US Central time, 5/23/2016

Name: Clephas

Race: Universe-eating monster who was originally a fat, balding otaku who liked cats a bit too much

Abilities: Can and has eaten everything.  Manifests as a humanoid avatar in universes he has eaten.  Creating life on a whim.  Remaking sentient beings into Clephas Cultists (people with glowing orange eyes, steel-trap teeth, and the knowledge of the truth that 'cannibalism is love' ) through passage through his intestinal tract.  Creates new stomachs to contain new universes designed to his whim.  Immortality in the sense that it is impossible to kill him, though his avatars can be destroyed (temporarily).  Access to all technologies and magic existing in his stomachs.

Personality: Whimsically cruel, arrogant, otaku, ever-hungry, kind to cats, dislikes dogs but likes dog-girls, loves things meant to kill people. 

Limits: Is incapable of not eating people and universes.

Unusual qualities: Avatar personalities can be different, based on what part of Clephas' personality they inherited strongest. 

Weaknesses: Mimikko and a failure to understand why people don't want to be eaten

Edit: For an example of a Clephas story...

3 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

soooooooooooooooo where do we post the fanfic? in creative corner? in our blogs?

As a mod and not a judge please don't spam the forums with fanfics :marie: 

You'll have to ask Clephas for specifics (I think we'll use this one, but I'm not sure) but regardless, everyone should just do it in one thread (if we're not doing it through PMs - again, Clephas for specifics.)

Personally, I prefer word documents, but I don't think you can do that kind of attachment here.  I would prefer you write it up in Word or Works (if your pc is old) and then copy-pasta it here in a spoiler box once you've proofread it.  Grammatical cancer will result in automatic unacceptability and every person can only post one for the contest.  Set a word limit of 200-1000 (though I'd really prefer you keep it about the size of the blog post linked above or less).  Any entry not in spoilers will be deleted, so save your work.

Done!

Spoiler

For years now it has baffled the heads of many people as to the origins of the one known as “Clephas” and has lead many to abandon such wishful thinking of finally solving that riddle. Many have speculated that he has no origins. That he simply created the universe when he himself was created. I am here to tell you that any previous speculation that you or anyone else has had couldn’t be more wrong. Why do I say this you ask? Because I have in my possession irrefutable proof of Clephas, the false god’s,

So sorry about that. My poor colleague was devoured by our great and fair lord Clephas. I will be taking over his writing project now that no doubt focuses on our lord's origins. What we know is only pure speculation. I can only talk about when Clephas came to existence in our universe. This is not his origin story as we still do not know that.

CLEPHAS

Before going any further, you must understand that we have yet to even determine on our lord’s sex. I personally believe that Clephas has no sex and yet is both sex. That Clephas can give and receive offspring whenever Clephas chooses. But our lord can only receive seed that was made by Clephas. However I believe our lord has yet to do this because this is a way for our lord to be re-born at the end of time. Except there will be no end of time because our lord ate time. Don’t ask.

That seems like a good place to start. Our lord’s unending appetite. It knows no end. Some say that a black hole resides within Clephas’s stomach and that helps with the process. I believe it is simply unending. A great scholar asked our lord how he could possibly devour an entire planet in one go and our lord replied “Because I can.” while eating the scholar.

Of course I could go on about how unending our lord’s great power is but I think we should start at the beginning of when we feeble mortals became aware of our lord’s existence. Let me take you to a time of hell on earth.

What little info we have of this time tells us that it was completely insufferable. We humans lived under the cruelty of a malice god named Fawn. Don’t laugh! He made our lives miserable. Well so I’m told. This happened thousand of years ago, so I can only go by what the scrolls tell us. I would ask my lord about this time but he is currently eating a black hole with a knife and spoon. Anywho, Fawn looked at us mortal as nothing more than delicate play toys. He would play with us for his amusement and become incredibly angry if we “broke”. Like pulling us apart was somehow our fault. It seemed that we humans only existed for the amusement of this cruel god until there was a blinding light from the center of the universe.

Fawn himself was puzzled by this sudden occurrence as he turned his head away from his broken toy to see the light’s origins. Faster than you could say “Whatever happened to that kid from A Christmas Story” a massive being formed before the evil god and said “I kind of like it here.” Fawn looked on the intruder in anger. “Who are you to-” Clephas then ate him like he was nothing. The same nothing Fawn saw us mortals as.

Clephas towered over the scared but curious mortals and said “I AM CLEPHAS! I have come from universe to universe just because. I eat whatever I please and please whatever I eat. Worship me as a god for I am one!” Of course there were some who feared Clephas. They had just been released from the cruel hands of one god and are now in the hands of another. But what choice did they have? So with a bit of reluctance they bowed before our lord.

It wasn’t long after when they realized they made the right choice. They thrived in the wake of our lord’s rule. Almost as if they were not the same people. There is even blessing in the afterlife. When one has reached the end of their life, they simply walk willingly into Clephas’s mouth. There lies an unimaginable paradise that we the living can only dream of. But only if you have lived life to the fullest. If not, then you must die not knowing such a paradise. Unless you’re a chef. It seems chefs get in no matter what.

But who knows how long this will last? It has been long feared that our lord will seek other pleasures in other universes. We can only pray that he takes us with him in his stomach.

To all member who write fanfic here and want to get free copy of Tokyo Babel, good luck and I will not participate here since I didn't had confidence in my writing skill. Beside I'd already got my Tokyo Babel anyway.

For my persona preference, if the one of the prize was Super Dangan Ronpa 2 maybe I'll try very hard to write the fanfic though. But I couldn't really change the choice of prize of course, and once again I'll say good luck to all fanfic writer here. Hope you got your desired prize.

Spoiler

The arrival of Clephas's uninvited guest was announced by a familiar flicker. His surroundings slowly unraveled, dissolving into a featureless limbo.

It was a challenge, a provocation.  Divine beings instinctively sculpt the world around them, reforming it in their mind's eye.  Normally this ability was carefully restrained, especially in the presence of other Gods, as an unrestrained clash of mindscapes could literally tear the fabric of reality asunder.

This visitor had the unusual ability to cancel this power.  Clephas's current abode was a pocket dimension of his own creation, not rooted in any reality, and thus it simply ceased to be--replaced by a vast nothing.  If one called the sculpting of reality creation, then the visitor's talent was annihilation: the power to subvert the rules of creation and undo them.  It was a power that earned him few friends and many enemies.

Clephas, now floating aimlessly in a sitting position, his hands that had been holding a book now empty, anchored himself and "stood" to face his guest, a tinge of irritation in his voice.  "Long time no see.  What is it you call yourself these days?"

A cowled figure stood in front of him, about 7 m away.  He withdrew the cowl, revealing the face of an adolescent boy with unkempt brown hair.  His face was perfect in the way that only a sculpture can be. His eyes glowed with idealistic conviction and his sharp, ironic smile seemed to mock the world around him. "sanahtlig" he spoke, the harsh syllables sounding distinctly demonic.  Clephas instantly consumed the rules of the language and interpreted: "sanahtlig".

"I hope you have a good reason for this intrusion.  I swear if it's just an excuse to blather about lolis..." Clephas's stomach yawned in warning, threatening to consume the both of them and bring the encounter to a swift and final conclusion.

Sanahtlig's grin was playfully insincere, like a toddler caught gazing at the cookie jar and denying any untoward motive.  "I propose a match.  The topic: What makes one Divine?  A profound topic, wouldn't you agree?"

Sanahtlig had always been obsessed with such challenges.  The rules were simple: A physical fight, often to the death, coinciding with a philosophical argument.  Of course--this being a simple skirmish between two avatars of Gods--no one actually died.  If your avatar died, you lost.  If you failed to make a valid point, you also lost.  In short, it was a contest of strength married to a contest of intellect.

Clephas sighed.  "Don't you ever get bored of this?"

Sanahtlig cocked his head in puzzlement.  "I do it because I'm bored.  I thought that was obvious."

Clephas shook his head.  In a way, Sanahtlig's hunger for battle was not much different than his own insatiable hunger.  It was simply his nature.  "Fine, I'll bite.  What defines one as a God?  I'll go with the standard response: the power of Creation."

Sanahtlig's impish grin was genuine this time.  "I knew you'd oblige me, old friend."

And thus began a duel between Gods over the nature of Divinity.

This sounds pretty interesting and fun. As of beginning this writing, it is currently 2:34 AM. Let's see if my sleep-depraved mind can conjure up an interesting story based off reading your example and profile.

Spoiler

Once Upon a Clephas

By Forgetful Frank

It was a normal boring day, there I was, just your favourite friendly sentient universe-eating monster, Clephas. Chilling in the core of a random star working on my tan. Okay, perhaps friendly is a bit misleading, but I don't dwell on the small things so much. Especially when your nose is itching for a sneeze and you eat universes for breakfast.

It's been some time since I last sneezed, I think I remember decimating an entire solar system of Sky Sharks the last time it happened, which was such a shame. I was saving that system for a time I craved some delicious sushi, while enjoying an albino neko-girl from Purluto's Meoown of the Felione system.

Anyway, after I sneezed, the most peculiar thing happened. Apparently I managed to sneeze out an entire planet. Was it a new planet I managed to create? No, it was just 'Earth'. What a boring planet to have sneezed out. Why couldn't it have been a better planet? Like a neko planet such as Felix, or something, anything other than Earth.

I might as well visit it before I consume everything again. 'Waste not, want not' as the saying goes. I decided to leave it to chance on where in the world I landed. I closed my eyes and shot myself straight towards the planet at an alarming speed. The impact of my landing utterly destroyed the land, causing the entire surround area crumbling into pieces being consumed by the ocean.

“Whoops.” I muttered to myself with a chuckle. Where did I land, let's see. Ah, I believe this used to be the 'United Kingdom'. Never mind, they were all a bunch of tea-sipping crumpet-stuffing imbeciles any way. They were better off at the bottom of the ocean, silly bastards couldn't even win in the sport they were known for inventing.

Mind you, that 'United States of America' aren't much better. Backward retards named their nationally treasured sport 'football' when they hardly touch the ball with their feet, it's mostly in their hands running.

I sighed heavily, I've been here ten seconds and I'm fed up with this planet already. It doesn't have any real neko-girls, the human females are okay for the most part, but that's about all they have for it.

My otaku senses began to tingle, they do have pretty good visual novels though. I think I'll quickly visit that community website 'Fuwanovel' and see if there are any interesting titles out. Maybe Nekopara 69 has finally been released, that would be a treat. After reading that, I could then consume this planet and be on my way.

Oh, would you look at that? A single house on what little of an 'island' remains of England that is left somewhat intact. I'll see if there is a computer inside where I could then fulfil my otaku needs. As I made my way into the house, I found the remains of a devilishly handsome man at a computer screen. He was still breathing, I was feeling rather peckish, not that this one human being could satiate that need, but I decided to devour him anyway. He had no other uses left anyway.

Hoh? This human was already on Fuwanovel? And on the forums no less. Let's see here, what was he reading... 'Clephas fanfic contest: VNs and games as prizes!'

What? How strange, he seemed to be writing an entry for this contest that happens to be about myself. Ah, the wonders of the universe and its devourer. Let's see, what did he write here... 'It was a normal boring day, there I was, just your favourite friendly sentient universe-eating monster, Clephas.'

As I continued reading, I began to realise that this story was actually detailing everything what has happened up until now at this current moment in time. I thought that was pretty funny, but I didn't really care.

I'll just devour this planet now and be on my way, I'm sure there are better adventures waiting for me than this boring one, that sounds as if it was written by some sleep-deprived fool named Frank. Bastard.

And with that, I left the planet and placed it back within the belly of the beast in which it belonged. Never again caring to know of the mystery of how some random Fuwanovel user managed to somehow tell a tale of the almighty Clephas, and then be devoured by him after having his entire country and every one he knew and loved crushed by my arrival.

THE END

747 words total

I finished writing this at 3:25 AM, and honestly, I don't even remember exactly what it's about. I guess I'll have a laugh re-reading this with an 'awake' mind tomorrow morning. :wahaha:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

hey, so long as some people had fun, what does it matter? :miyako:

........seriously though, wheres my prize?! :saber:

I can't give out Tokyo Babel, but feel free to take your pick from the other two... I'll send it to your account, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Okay mate what the fuck is this from 

The profile of the Clephas rp persona I tend to use when I'm interested in chatting for fun (which is rare these days)