saying hi all late bout it

Xane

2 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Welcome to these forums Xane. If you have a preferred genre of VN that isn't moege, I can give some recommendations. Some I'd recommend are G Senjou No Maou, Steins;Gate, Ever17, Sharin No Kuni, and the Kara No Shoujo series.

I hope to see you around. :sachi:

thanks ill check those out i had my eyes on g Senjou no Maou speciallly heard a lot of good things about it 

Welcome!

Definitely go for it with G-Senjou. It's pretty good, and should be quite a change of pace from what you've seen so far if you've only played Katawa Shoujo and Key games. It's generally considered a good "starter" VN, and is pretty easy to pick up these days since it has an officially-licensed release on Steam.

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay here. And as for recommendation the user here already had good recommendation, but if you feel challanged for heavier topic you could try VN like Steins Gate or Muv Luv Alternative. Oh and don't forget Fate Stay Night. And if you want more something lighter Koichoco, Noble Works, and Princess Evangile also good. 

Once again welcome to the forum and have fun here.

Welcome to fuwa fellow newbie!

I recommend you try out Phenomeno. It's a short horror visual novel, but it's quite a high quality experience as a whole. I see it as a way for you to test the waters with new genres without having to sink a considerable amount of time into it.

Now that I'm thinking about it Planetarian would work just as well. It's a Key VN as well but it has a considerably different tone from other Key games and is quite short too.

I hope to see you more in the forums! :sachi:

11 hours ago, Kaykeiokay said:

Welcome to fuwa fellow newbie!

I recommend you try out Phenomeno. It's a short horror visual novel, but it's quite a high quality experience as a whole. I see it as a way for you to test the waters with new genres without having to sink a considerable amount of time into it.

Now that I'm thinking about it Planetarian would work just as well. It's a Key VN as well but it has a considerably different tone from other Key games and is quite short too.

I hope to see you more in the forums! :sachi:

thanks if its a shorter novel itll be really useful to get to see new genres specially since right now im reading AIR and CLANNAD literally takes all of my time with those two 

On 4/13/2016 at 9:06 PM, littleshogun said:

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay here. And as for recommendation the user here already had good recommendation, but if you feel challanged for heavier topic you could try VN like Steins Gate or Muv Luv Alternative. Oh and don't forget Fate Stay Night. And if you want more something lighter Koichoco, Noble Works, and Princess Evangile also good. 

Once again welcome to the forum and have fun here.

are the anime adaptations of fate stay and steins gate the same ass the visual novels???

cause im thinking they leave a lot of content out of the anime just like how they do with manga or are they the same

On 4/12/2016 at 3:26 PM, Novel21 said:

Hello Xane and welcome to forum, I hope you enjoy staying here.

katawa_shoujo__tribute__by_mikeinel-d4lk

Here have cute picture of katawa shoujo as your welcome presant.

thanks really liked the pic specially this emoji of '''conspiracy'''   :conspiracy:

18 minutes ago, Xane said:

are the anime adaptations of fate stay and steins gate the same ass the visual novels???

cause im thinking they leave a lot of content out of the anime just like how they do with manga or are they the same

I haven't seen the two Fate/Stay Night anime adaptations, but I know that each of them covers one of the three routes. That means one full route doesn't have any anime adaptation at all, although it was recently announced that they're making an adaptation for that last route, sometime in the next couple years IIRC. Each F/SN route is radically different, so you're basically missing at least 1/3 of the content, if you just watch the anime. Beyond that, I don't know how much of the content within the routes they cut.

For Steins;Gate, I've both played the VN and watched the anime. The anime is actually astonishingly close to the VN in terms of covering every little detail, except for one very big difference: at several key points, the VN lets you make choices that lead to very different endings. Though each of those alternate endings is pretty short compared to the overall main story (they each took me about one hour to read through, vs. ~20 hours for the whole game), they're excellent stories that do a lot to flesh out some of the important side characters, and I found they give a very satisfying feeling of closure for those characters which I didn't get from the anime. 

So, in short, definitely play F/SN, if only so you can see the Heavens Feel route. And as far as Steins;Gate, since they're mostly very similar, if you've pretty recently watched the anime, I probably wouldn't play the VN. However, if and when you've had a couple of years after seeing the anime, I'd recommend playing the VN. I found it was a surprisingly different feeling to experience the story for a second time, and the alternate endings are well worth your time.

To OP, I think Fred already answered enough in regard of Steins Gate, and as for for Fate I'd heard that 1st adaptation was not so faithful and quite bad (Also apparently they mix some element from Unlimited Blade Work (UBW) and Heaven Feel), but for 2nd adaptation (UBW) I'd heard that they adapted it quite faithfully. And I agree with Fred that you should still play Fate though, since there is still no Heaven Feel adaptation yet.