Buy my books

CrotakuShinobi

It's fine to make a thread about your creative works here, but I think changing the title a little, and maybe moving this to the creative corner is a good idea. 

I would recommend making a thread much like the others in the creative corner, with a chunk of information about the book, perhaps an introduction to the characters, a little longer plot summary etc.

As it is right now, it is hard to know exactly what the books are about, and so it might make people less inclined to buy them. 

If you have a more inviting thread, with information that is easy to proccess and understand, it will make people more likely to buy your books. 

Anyways, best of luck to you. :sachi: 

Also, Pendragon/Arthurian fantasy is one of the most bloated of all the fantasy sub-genres in English... nobody buys them anymore because it has been done so much. 

Edit: This is speaking as someone who has been reading fantasy and sci-fi for almost twenty-eight  years... not out of any personal dislike for the  sub-genre.

I don't think people buy amateur books. If I lived in a village of a few hundred people with you, then I might buy a novel from you perhaps enjoy it. But nowadays there's the internet. There's plenty of original stories out for free... Heck even TL'd light novels if you consider the gray area. You'd need something that would make people want to read your stuff especially, like an existing novel which people find interesting enough. Even then, there's the challenge of you finding your market, without boiling yourself down to the lowest denominator.

I do think it's great that you're writing (I want to write stories too), but I think you'll find that selling books is very difficult, just like getting published.

Yeah agreed. Being a novelist is a great dream, but takes a great effort. People writing since the dawn of time doesn't help, also they do it en masse in the modern world. If anything you should deliver quality and not quantity. And of course, it's really hard to innovate, especially in the field of fantasy and SF.