Jump to content
solidbatman

Want to remove the score system from FuwaReviews?

Recommended Posts

If any of you are familiar with GRArkada's anime review channel, I vastly prefer the method he uses right now over his old numerical scores.

He has a list of pros and cons and a certain tag now, the tags are:

- F** It

- Stream It

-Buy It

- Certified Frosty (legendary show or whatever)

 

Dunno if we could implement a similar method but I thought it was interesting at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tyrael said:

If any of you are familiar with GRArkada's anime review channel, I vastly prefer the method he uses right now over his old numerical scores.

He has a list of pros and cons and a certain tag now, the tags are:

- F** It

- Stream It

-Buy It

- Certified Frosty (legendary show or whatever)

 

Dunno if we could implement a similar method but I thought it was interesting at least

-Kiri level

-"Something"

-"Something"

-Kaguya level

:makina: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kaguya said:

And sure, it's ok. The earth isn't going to explode from that, but to me it's just a system tends towards innacuracy for no reason. It's not even like it'd change our format, we can do the scores the exact same way while going on a 1/100 scale. We just don't. I don't have expectations of changing it to a 1/100 scale, though, so I'm just voting to keep it.  

All scoring systems are inaccurate and/or silly to some degree, I haven't seen one to buck the trend. It just acts as a TL;DR summary for people who don't want to read, and tbh if people don't want to read and get a better indication of the game, then meh it's their problem.

"Oh wow! 4/5, must be good" Billy-Bob said, and he raced to his local gamery merchant, cash in hand, zeal in his eyes. Too bad he didn't see the qualification "only if you're a teenage girl," which was placed just under the spot where he stopped reading. Tsk tsk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rooke said:

All scoring systems are inaccurate and/or silly to some degree, I haven't seen one to buck the trend. It just acts as a TL;DR summary for people who don't want to read, and tbh if people don't want to read and get a better indication of the game, then meh it's their problem.

"Oh wow! 4/5, must be good" Billy-Bob said, and he raced to his local gamery merchant, cash in hand, zeal in his eyes. Too bad he didn't see the qualification "only if you're a teenage girl," which was placed just under the spot where he stopped reading. Tsk tsk.

Sure, but where's the harm in making it as accurate as possible when we already use the 1/100 format? :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Sure, but where's the harm in making it as accurate as possible when we already use the 1/100 format? :/

No harm. Just not as much salt ...

Accuracy is good, but a system designed to be taken as an accurate system (out of a hundred to two decimal places) gives the impression of something to be taken seriously. "We are accurate and have this rating malarky down to a science." But because such a system gives off the impression of accuracy, and taking into account that no rating system is actually accurate, what it does do is just encourage people to throw tantrums when the score given doesn't match their impression. Whereas something that's just meant to give a 'ballpark indicator' and is clearly designed to just be a 'ballpark indicator' shouldn't have nearly as many complaints because it's designed to be a little vaguer. So if someone complains, a valid response would be "eh, it just felt like a 3 star game" whereas a score of 83.27/100 with 20.1 for art and 15.22 for writing (etc) requires much more of a justification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all of the input guys! I'm going to request the thread be closed now, and I'll be discussing proposals with the staff and reviews team. When we decide on a new system, I'll be sure to let everyone know, and detail it, so that you all can bitch about it too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×