Granblue Fantasy [English Language]

Maxel

I decided to create a topic to inform you all about today's release of english language in japanese version. You can now switch between languages. For the first look, english in story looks legitly good, some parts are really good, and some of course are bad. Almost everything is translated, and I think that's what counts. For now at least.

UD30CVC.png

Battles in GBF are pretty nice, gameplay-wise. Same with art/music and there's even partial voice acting, and I think full voice acting for main storyline, which is huge. Here, example screenshot from the game itself taken from my account(yandere waifus are also present in the game):

XWjWH6I.png

If you're looking for more informations, feel free to check:

As for the game itself, you can play it in many different ways:

Most optimal, and probably best way to play the game is through Chrome app. Check this quick reddit FAQ for more infos: https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/4dvef3/useful_links_faq/

Also I made a bit of a surprise for fuwans, recently there was an event ideal for getting accounts with nice characters on them. So I decided to jump right in and created some accounts. I have some of them left, so if you don't want to bother with rerolling, reply here, what account would you like to get, and why it should be you. It's nice to start with one SSR character, it's really hard to get one at start though. After tutorial you have one free 10 premium roll, which gives 3%chance of getting one SSR unit, not exactly character, because there are also summons.

2GqJaWS.png

List of all SSR characters and their abillities: Here 

That's it for now. Hope you'll enjoy the game, because it's really, really good!

20 minutes ago, Monmon said:

i heard the Gacha system in Granblue is pretty harsh, they even made to news. IIRC its about Antilla or something.

Unfortunately, yeah, even if the SSR rate is 3% and 6% during Legfest, you still hardly get 1SSR out of 10. They made it to media, because they tried to do something like: You roll character X, and you roll character Y, you can have character Z, and that's supposedly illegal.

Even if the gacha rates sucks, you still can manage to 10-15roll every month, and you can even buy a character that you don't have (25-35$) every once in awhile(every couple months) I really encourage everyone to try the game out, because it's really well-made(remember to switch game-quality and language in options)

1 minute ago, Monmon said:

haha i just made 7 accounts and from all of them all i got are Rares. Not even SR. i`m sucks. I`m just gonna stick to visual novel.

Forgot to add, the first ROLL you have after tutorial is just rares and sometimes one SR iirc. Then you can roll your free roll. :P So you have BASIC 10 ROLL after tutorial and BONUS FREE PREMIUM 10 GACHA ROLL. 

"After tutorial you have one free 10 premium roll, which gives 3%chance of getting one SSR unit"
I think that roll is fixed for SR weapon. the real re-roll is either single pull or another 10 premium roll after the one from tutorial.
wow your first account is really something, it's really tempting since mine is only having 1 SSR and it's pretty rough with quest etc...
but mine is Amira, she's more than enough <3

1 hour ago, NickFreja said:

"After tutorial you have one free 10 premium roll, which gives 3%chance of getting one SSR unit"
I think that roll is fixed for SR weapon. the real re-roll is either single pull or another 10 premium roll after the one from tutorial.
wow your first account is really something, it's really tempting since mine is only having 1 SSR and it's pretty rough with quest etc...
but mine is Amira, she's more than enough <3

Amira is 6yrs old :yumiko: And unless you have Luci she's not that good.

1 hour ago, Maxel said:

Amira is 6yrs old :yumiko: And unless you have Luci she's not that good.

what, how did you know that she was 6 years old? she looks like teen for me
but hey at least her body is well developed already, maybe because she's half demon.
and yeah I don't have lucifer...
I just start playing recently and She's the only SSR I have beside SSR weapon from current event. maybe she's not that good for you but
I just like her and her personality as well and I heard this game is gonna be a really long grinding, I think I should play with the char that I like

6 hours ago, Maxel said:

I can make ID list if you guys want.

Anyone hyped for new SF collab? Can't wait to get Karin :D

description_event_2.png

description_event_4.png

description_event_5.png

description_event_6.png

thanks a lot. here's my id 10582085, sorry for the trouble.
about the next collab event, what kind of event is that? the same like this Suzaku thing where we beat them in raid?

also how about we make guild together? I prefer my guildmates also play VN just like me lol

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the bump, I'm actually really liking this game. My ID is 12529444 is anyone wants to add me.

The biggest selling point of this game for me is that its playable on PC without an emulator; that's really awesome for these guys to go that extra jump to make this game to reach out to other audiences like that. I think the f2p model is pretty solid for this kind of game. You're not punished for not paying, but you get a pretty fair amount of return on investment when you play it smart and take advantage of special deals. Very similar to Crusader Quest in that regard. The story is kind of standard, but it's very rare for me to dislike a fantasy game so I don't mind it that much. Bonus points for being mostly voiced too! I've honestly never come across a mobile game with voiced dialogue before, so that's a pleasant first for me. There are quite a few high-profile seiyuu for this game too (list 1; list 2; list 3) (Sugita's not on any of these lists, but he voices a character in the main quest). The gameplay is pretty smooth and enjoyable too. I'm very impressed with the amount of effort put into this.

Overall, I'd say Granblue is pretty solid. Nothing special, but it's good for a mobile game. I'll probably be playing it for a while. :)

Edit: Hey, guys, before I get into wasting any more time on this, is it possible for me to register a Mobage account? I really don't know how to do it, or if it's even possible for me. I'd like to get the free 1000 crystals if I can though.

9 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Thanks for the bump, I'm actually really liking this game. My ID is 12529444 is anyone wants to add me.

The biggest selling point of this game for me is that its playable on PC without an emulator; that's really awesome for these guys to go that extra jump to make this game to reach out to other audiences like that. I think the f2p model is pretty solid for this kind of game. You're not punished for not paying, but you get a pretty fair amount of return on investment when you play it smart and take advantage of special deals. Very similar to Crusader Quest in that regard. The story is kind of standard, but it's very rare for me to dislike a fantasy game so I don't mind it that much. Bonus points for being mostly voiced too! I've honestly never come across a mobile game with voiced dialogue before, so that's a pleasant first for me. There are quite a few high-profile seiyuu for this game too (list 1; list 2; list 3) (Sugita's not on any of these lists, but he voices a character in the main quest). The gameplay is pretty smooth and enjoyable too. I'm very impressed with the amount of effort put into this.

Overall, I'd say Granblue is pretty solid. Nothing special, but it's good for a mobile game. I'll probably be playing it for a while. :)

Edit: Hey, guys, before I get into wasting any more time on this, is it possible for me to register a Mobage account? I really don't know how to do it, or if it's even possible for me. I'd like to get the free 1000 crystals if I can though.

hi Kenshin I've sent you friend request. My IGN is NF

about getting 1k crystals for registering, iirc we'll have to own jp phone numbers for verification

Ah, I suppose that's how it is then. So much for getting all my notifications off eventually. Well, maybe I'll put in a request for it once they open up their support channel for English speakers.

Thanks for the add. :)

Man, I went completely overboard staying up late at night playing this game. I need to go to bed.

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Ah, I suppose that's how it is then. So much for getting all my notifications off eventually. Well, maybe I'll put in a request for it once they open up their support channel for English speakers.

Thanks for the add. :)

Man, I went completely overboard staying up late at night playing this game. I need to go to bed.

I'm also addicted like you for my 1st month of playing xD
good VA, nice art, nice gameplay. this almost like mmorpg on PC

8 hours ago, NickFreja said:

I'm also addicted like you for my 1st month of playing xD
good VA, nice art, nice gameplay. this almost like mmorpg on PC

The one question I was asking myself all night was "when's a good point to stop playing." I finally got to roughly rank 18 I think and was finally able to run out of AP. That's when I stopped, lol.

And now I'm waking up in the afternoon. RIP sleep schedule.

Granblue is incredibly popular in Japan at the moment. It's a really decent fantasy jrpg with high production value and cute waifus, albeit like with most mobile games, it's also extremely harsh and milks the money out of the playerbase like nothing else before. I've seen hundreds of tweets with people complaining about their failed rolls, ragequitting and whatnot.