ISO or pre-patched/pre-installed visual novels: which version do you think is better?

.ISO or pre-patched/pre-installed?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer .ISO or pre-patched/pre-installed visual novels?

• I like to get the .ISO version, the Pre-installed version just doesn't like me!
    • .ISO is such a drag, give me the disk-cracked pre-installed verson!
    • I don't really care which I get.
    • I don't even know the difference.
    • I don't like to play Visual Novels (Wait, what the heck are you doing here then?!?!)

This poll is closed to new votes

well they download CCCP and that solves most of their problems

you'd be surprised at the kind of questions i get from people on facebook. some of them are utterly clueless!

Aaeru is right, some people have actually managed to screw up .ISO installs and have to uninstall then reinstall them on my VN site. The help-forum got so crowded with people having the same issue, that I had to simply direct them to Fuwanovel to get their games. Some people just don't know ANYTHING about computers. >_>'

This topic has glossed over many of the advantages of an ISO / original installer combo with a fan translation patch.

1) Distributing the translation patch and installer separately allows the fan translation to be easily updated.

2) A preinstalled game short-circuits patch installation and fails to credit the translators, whose currency is ego and recognition. This leads to stife within the community and discourages translation efforts.

3) A preinstalled game discourages users from purchasing the originals. Again, this ruffles feathers and discourages translation efforts.

4) Making unlicensed distribution difficult is not necessarily a disadvantage, depending on your perspective.

Although I'm a complete noob with pcs, I know very well to mess with ISOs because it's needed to play stuff from another place, which until very recently was what I thought to be the only place where you could download a bunch of VNs.

I couldn't care less about ISO or pre-installed stuff, but I do prefer that my download comes in a torrent, as I can't stand downloading 50 different parts for games like School Days, for
example.

As long as it's a torrent, I have no complaints about it.