Rap music

LoganW

So I decided to make this topic cause I wanted to see how many VN and anime lovers actually like rap music.

Maybe its a stereotype thing but, it doesn't seem like people who like anime and stuff are likely to like rap but, maybe that's just me.

I myself really love it, it gets me pumped for a upcoming game, turning up in the car, or at a party or something HA like i go to party's :wahaha:

Some rap music is trash I can agree with that but some rappers instead of talking about "Fucking bitches and getting money" And "Doing drugs off a gold rimmed Bugatti"

Some rappers actually put meaning and time into their rhymes instead of just saying shit over a loud beat. Don't get me wrong I enjoy some of the main stream stuff but, I feel like main stream rap is all the same thing.

Like stated above all they say is stuff like "Fuck bitches get money" and i feel like it gets a bad rap cause of it maybe that's just me though. So the real question is do any of you listen to rap hate it or somewhere in between

Edit: My favorite rappers include but are not limited to: Chance the rapper, Watsky, G-Eazy, NWA, Dr Dre, Drake and anyone from odd future

Side note: sorry about the punctuation English isn't my first language and i really struggle with that aspect of it :wahaha:

I don't listen to it terribly often, but there's nothing inherent to it that I dislike. It's more that I just don't pay attention to the rap scene and I never know when anything good is released. I end up listening to only a few of the most popular albums released each year. That's pretty much good enough for my mainstream white ass.

Edited by Decay

I listen to rap daily, including Korean/Japanese rap. Some of my favorite artists are Okasian (part of The Cohort), J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Jay Park, Jin (only a few of his songs), and Dumbfounded to name a few.

On the note of some rap getting a bad rap because of "fuck bitches get money", I find that those songs have their place as well, the only unfortunate thing is they seem to get more lime light. It's fun to listen to them because it gets you hyped and they can have a good beat, if I want something deeper I am more than capable enough to find it. 

I also like finding remixes and things like that. 

I'm not picky with music, but there's a few core things I look for in music that rap usually inherently lacks.

Even so, I listen to rap every now and then, even if it's less than other types of music

As for what kind of rap I listen to, usually just the regural American style and some things from my homeland, it's actually pretty good here.

For french members, Orelsan is pretty good.

Otherwise I listened to a polish rapper : "Bonus RPK", no idea what he says, but the beat is cool.

Orelsan

Spoiler

Bonus RPK

Spoiler

People that cant appreciate hiphop in some ways are silly or takes themself too seriously :^ ).

Anyways, yeah I fucking love rap, grew up with it. My crew back in school was really into hiphop for some reason and while I had my own punk/metal periods, I always managed to hold on to this with my friends. I can also thank them for not turning into a "true" metal fan, that would have been horrible lol. Just gonna post random favorites in different sides of the spectrum

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Asonn said:

"drake" isn't that guy always rapping(very badly) about bitches and going to the top? :makina:

I agree that is his style but I find him better then Young Thug and Yo Gotti who talk gibbirish over a sick beat but I do see a place for rappers as such as them in club scenes and what not

1 hour ago, TheFantasm said:

Kendrick, G-Eazy, J Cole and Logic are who I've mostly been listening to.

Those are some of the best out there but you could give Watsky a try he is a little weird but he is great

7 hours ago, maefdomn said:

For french members, Orelsan is pretty good.

Iv actually listened to him... Can't understand a word he is saying :wahaha:

When it comes to rap music or hip hop in general i'm usually someone that listens to more oldschool artists like N.W.A, Outkast, J Dilla and all that other fun stuff. A friend of mine recently recommended me to listen to some of Logics tracks and although i heard of him i kinda avoided him for a while but I regret doing that now lol.

I grew up with old school east coast hip hop and rap. I'm not that into it anymore but it will always have a place in my heart and memories. A few favs are Naughty by Nature, Nas, Public Enemy, a tribe called quest, and the beastie boys. I even used to try to rap as fast as Busta Rhymes back then LOL

I used to listen to a lot of rap, but most of it was pretty bad now that I look back on it. I still love Grieves, though. Oh, and I will never forget "It Wasn't Me". Some of the music from those "Now that's what you call music!" CD's really stuck with me. Oh, and those LoL rap videos are pretty dank 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Einher said:

I'm not that into american rap, I prefer the stuff from where I come from, but I find Tupac a true legend. 

I also listen to Watsky sometimes for fun, it was nice seeing another fan of him here, since he's not that well known.

Tupac is a legend! And Watsky is amazing! :sacchan: