Tomoyo After ~ going Greenlight.

Deep Blue

Bleh, Can't say I enjoyed this one. Then again I didn't get the sopposed "true end" for going through the minigame (or am I confusing facts with the Memorial edition? Been a few years since I read anything about Tomoyo After).

Still, the direction the story took bothered me.

Good luck for trying to greenlight I supposed, although I didn't interested in the first place anyway since I think there's no need to make separated game for Clannad heroine (But it's KEY idea though). But, even though it's greenlighted since Tomoyo After was already translated, and therefore it's obsolete I think. But since it's Steam and the main heroine was from Clannad, maybe it'll be good for Clannad fan there.

Can anyone who is familiar with the re-releases explain the changes that have been made, in as non-spoilery of a way as possible? The version of Tomoyo After that was fan translated was the original. The translation was extremely bad, and versions of the VN released later apparently had an extended story that changed major plot points. So perhaps the misgivings some people have with Tomoyo After could be resolved with a retranslation based on the newest version?

On 4/8/2016 at 5:52 PM, Decay said:

Can anyone who is familiar with the re-releases explain the changes that have been made, in as non-spoilery of a way as possible? The version of Tomoyo After that was fan translated was the original. The translation was extremely bad, and versions of the VN released later apparently had an extended story that changed major plot points. So perhaps the misgivings some people have with Tomoyo After could be resolved with a retranslation based on the newest version?

You hit the nail on the head - that's exactly what needs to happen. From my understanding, the Millenium Memorial version is apparently an extended version (that also removes the h, not that it was very good) and reworks the story to a large extent, compared to the original that the fan TL covered.

Though I admit I'm basing that on random posts from long ago.

On 4/8/2016 at 3:52 PM, Decay said:

The game they are releasing will be the Memorial Edition and the difference between it and the Perfect edition is that the perfect edition has no voice overs and includes the original h-scenes but is otherwise identical to the Memorial Edition. Unfortunately it's been confirmed that they are using the fan translation with the game...likely an edited one but likely still bad because it's the Fan TL. The Memorial Edition is a reworked story from the original and has had the h-scenes removed. We will have to wait and see how different the translation is after they put up a demo/trial of the game; which I do expect to see before full release although I could be wrong.