Hi y'all

Einher

Hello there! I'm a simple guy that like simple things and simple VNs! Unfortunately, due to lack of time I still haven't played many VNs, so I'm still kind of a novice on the hobby. Well, as I said, I'm a guy of simple tastes, I'm particularly not a big fan of Chuuni stuff, I prefer good ol' romance Charage and/or Moege. If you guys wanna leave any recommendations for me, I'd very much appreciate those. Thanks all and I hope I can get along with you all!

PS: I also just finished playing Kindred Spirits on the Roof, and I just wanna say that 

Spoiler

SasaxUmi is love, SasaxUmi is life.

Welcome to the forum, nice to meet you!

If you want some more yuri romance, check out the Sono Hanabira franchise. 10 of the games are translated, and if you can read Japanese, a whopping 21 games exists in the series already :sacchan: 

A few good romance games are Princess Evangile, Shuffle!, Yosuga no Sora. Not all of them are pure moege, but they are all quite light and they are pretty decent games.

Welcome to these forums. Based on your tastes, it sounds like our opinions will clash quite a bit. I'm not particularly fond of moege and like chuunige quite a bit.

I can't really recommend any moege considering my stance on them, but I hope you enjoy the recommendations Derg and Arc gave you. They'll fit right into your tastes.

I hope to see you around. :sachi:

Welcome to the Fuwanovel, or I should said welcome to introduction page I supposed (Because I just saw your profile and you registered back at 2013. No problem though) and hope to see you here more in forum.

As for your taste, I think Arcadeotic and Dergonu above already recommended enough. But if you want more, how about ToHeart 2, Koi Suru Natsu no Last Resort, and Katahane (For more yuri). And for bonus, since apparently you already play Grisaia, how about Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no Maou if you want heavier VN but a good one. I think that's all recommendation that I could think of. And I said welcome once again, also hopefully you'll enjoy your stay here.

PS - Almost forget, play Katawa Shoujo too. I'd read that this VN was starter VN for many user here even though it's not Japanese one and only OELVN, and most importantly it's free.

Wow, thank you very much everybody for your suggestions! I've already played KS and Grisaia, and also was in the middle of playing If My Heart Had Wings when my computer crashed and I lost all my progress a few months ago, but I guess playing it again and finishing it this time is the most logical choice.. I mean, I probably can't get enough Kotori, you know. But I probably will check out all these suggestions. Thanks everyone!

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to the Fuwanovel, or I should said welcome to introduction page I supposed (Because I just saw your profile and you registered back at 2013. No problem though) and hope to see you here more in forum.

Yeah, I registered back then when I first started playing VNs, for tech support, but I stopped playing not long after due to lack of time.. but I started playing again not long ago and thought participating in the forums might make my experience even more enjoyable :)

3 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Welcome to these forums. Based on your tastes, it sounds like our opinions will clash quite a bit. I'm not particularly fond of moege and like chuunige quite a bit.

I can't really recommend any moege considering my stance on them, but I hope you enjoy the recommendations Derg and Arc gave you. They'll fit right into your tastes.

I hope to see you around. :sachi:

Yeah, I don't know why but I think your tastes are in line with the majority of VN players. At least from what I saw from the small time I got to lurk the forums, chuunige is very popular here and moege, well, not so much. Ofc there are exceptions and/or I might be completely wrong - and I probably am, considering I'm totally new to this lol - but that was just my first impression.

There are a fair number of nakige fans around, at least, if you find that's to your taste - I find the distinction between a nakige and a moege to be blurry at best (I think Little Busters! and IMHHW are much more similar than IMHHW and Princess Evangile are, for example), so if you haven't tried something in that territory yet, maybe you can give that a go. Little Busters! would probably be a good starter.

If it's really more straight moege that works for you, though, don't worry, they've got plenty of fans around here who'll be happy to chatter away about Princess Evangile and Noble Works for pages and pages :wahaha:

@TexasDice also has a moege addiction (though we've been working hard to break him of it lately) and could perhaps advise further. Maybe he can point you in the direction of his favorite fictional all-Japanese-girl-and-trap-protagonist rock band (I swear I'm going to play Kira☆Kira soon and Deardrops shortly after, I just... need to finish like 5 other VNs first).

Being lured into an obscure part of the forum via namedrop, haven't seen that one before. 

Welcome to Fuwanovel, Einher. I hope you enjoy your stay and don't worry about sticking to one kind of genre at first; You'll expand yourself ( elinafaceemoticon41kaba.png ) naturally over time.

I highly recommend you make an account on Visual novel Database and link it to your Fuwanovel profile. If you then enter all of your past, present and future read VNs into your VNDB list, the people here have an easier time to recommend stuff to you, based on what kind of VN you like and more importantly, which ones you've already read.