If My Heart Had Wings(I know, I'm a little slow with VNs)

TheGuy21

Best Route?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best route for you guys? Mine is Kotori's. Barely winning ahead of Amane by SLIGHTLY. I could be wrong though since I haven't done Ageha, Asa, and Yoru(starting with Ageha now).

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

In the English version her route was heavily censored, to the point where they had to rewrite the story, and so the route makes no sense after a while.

You'll actually get completely lost and not know what's happening in the English version, and it's a shame because Ageha is such a fun character.

This is all spot-on, but even as bad as it sounds, this is only half the problem - I think I could've gotten along ok with the censorship and rewrite and not been that upset by it, but the Engrish is way worse than it was even in Kotori's route. I had to work hard to puzzle out a lot of the text, and at times I simply gave up on understanding what the horrible translator intended to say in a whole given line.

6 hours ago, andzalot55 said:

First would be Kotori's route following up is Asa/Yoru route 'cause loli's.

OHHH~~!!! A LOLICON BROOO:kosame::sacchan:

I'll get to their route after Ageha's.

5 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

Kotori Habane all the way!

Slightly NSFW picture here.

Reveal hidden contents

62rWWGF.jpg

4 hours ago, Einher said:

Kotori had my heart (no pun intended) less than 1 hour into the game.

My god, that pic :kosame:
Thank you, kind sir.

4 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

if you liked that one, you might love this one. :makina:

WARNING! NSFW LINK HERE.

Reveal hidden contents

KOTORI HABANE LEGION! :sacchan:

WHA--WHAT IS THIS BEAUTY!?!?! WHERE IS THIS?!?!? I MUST HAVE THIS!!!! I'm guessing it's either in the Sweet Love(untranslated) route, or the fandisc everyone is talking about.:vinty:

GAWD I NEED TO LEARN JAPANESE!!:saber:

4 minutes ago, TheGuy21 said:

WHA--WHAT IS THIS BEAUTY!?!?! WHERE IS THIS?!?!? I MUST HAVE THIS!!!! I'm guessing it's either in the Sweet Love(untranslated) route, or the fandisc everyone is talking about.:vinty:

GAWD I NEED TO LEARN JAPANESE!!:saber:

i believe theyre just some artwork made by the original artist.

like this.

Spoiler

habane kotori (kono oozora ni tsubasa wo hirogete) drawn by yashima takahiro

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Flyguy said:

It's Kotori, all the way. For me, everyone else is a distraction from the main story. I'm currently about a third of the way through "Snow Presents".  A must read for Kotori fans.

Oh nice! Same here. Hmmmm...so you can read Japanese? Since Snow Presents isn't translated, right?

awwww no love for Asa or Yoru :wahaha::komari:

3 hours ago, TheGuy21 said:

Oh nice! Same here. Hmmmm...so you can read Japanese? Since Snow Presents isn't translated, right?

awwww no love for Asa or Yoru :wahaha::komari:

No, I don't read Japanese. But with the help of 4 machine translators, several dictionaries and story context, I can get about a 90% accurate translation that works for me. I'm patiently waiting for the Flight Diary translation, but I have read the awesome Sweet Love add-on for Kotori, my waifu! 

Edited by Flyguy
additional response

8 hours ago, Flyguy said:

No, I don't read Japanese. But with the help of 4 machine translators, several dictionaries and story context, I can get about a 90% accurate translation that works for me. I'm patiently waiting for the Flight Diary translation, but I have read the awesome Sweet Love add-on for Kotori, my waifu! 

Oh I see! That's a lot of work bro :wahaha: But hey, it's all for Kotori :illya:

Yeah same here, but they'll be releasing the 2nd patch first. The one where Ageha's route it "fixed":sachi:

• 2 months later...

Kotori is the first character you meet, Kotori is the focus of the plot until the glider parts start, Kotori is who starts the whole glider thing and Kotori is obviously the character with the most overall screen time. The entire VN is basically about and was made for her, so hot wheels being the favorite choice for most people is understandable/predictable. 

Amane is the sole character to somehwat rival her popularity, if only because of how good her route is. The twins are mediocre and Ageha was ruined by moenovel (and stands in the shadow of her much superior sister anyway). 

This kind of seems to be Pulltop's "thing", at least from where I am standing, as a non-japanese pleb. Koirizo also heavily favored Umi right from the get go and the script gave her the most attention. 

4 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

Ageha ... stands in the shadow of her much superior sister anyway.

Them's fightin' words, TD.

I think you're right about everything else, though. One of these days, I should probably play Princess Waltz or KoiRizo, but I expect those won't match up to gliders in terms of grabbing my interest. Wish I could read Miagete Goran, or even Cocoro@ Function...