Warhammer: Vermintide

Kawasumi

Yo!

I need a team that wanna play this wonderful game with me, hopefully its possible to find 2/3 individuals that plays this game regularly so we can do stuff on nightmare and cataclysm.

Also if you dont have it, get it. Its the funniest game I have played in years.

LETS BASH SOME SKAVEN HEADS

13 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

I've heard great things about this game, unfortunately I've also heard that it's pretty bad if you have to play with randoms so I never actually got it.

its not that bad tbh, most people are nice.

But yeah, its funnier playing with friends on voice for example, hence why im making this thread

Just now, Kawasumi said:

its not that bad tbh, most people are nice.

But yeah, its funnier playing with friends on voice for example, hence why im making this thread

It's not that people aren't nice, it's just that you apparently don't get loot for failing a mission, which is way more likely with random people who you can't coordinate with as well and who can just leave the game for no reason.

Just now, Flutterz said:

It's not that people aren't nice, it's just that you apparently don't get loot for failing a mission, which is way more likely with random people who you can't coordinate with as well and who can just leave the game for no reason.

indeed, but there are different strats that you can apply and you're gonna play on nightmare and cataclysm anyway because most people play there and know the strats

7 minutes ago, Nashetania said:

How much different is it from L4D series?

different universe thats warhammer inspired obviously, also means a lot of more melee combat.

Its also harder.

the developers admitted that they took the best from l4d and improved upon it.

Ooooh I love this game! Happen to have nearly 100 hours on it, playing the bright witch! If you happen to play on EU I'd be glad to play with you, or anyone! (else, rip latency)

For those who are not very familiar with the game, it's a left for dead like with rp elements (equipment with different rarity that you can "loot" or "craft", rewarded at the end of the mission, rarity being both random and depending on the difficulty of the mission + what you could call addtional challenge you manage to succeed).

The real difference with L4D though is that weapons are characters specific (there are 5 for the moment), meaning that playing with the dwarf or the elf grants you different weapons, with as a result a much different gameplay. For example, I have played for 90 hours with the bright witch, specializing in range and with specific mechanics, but I am much less experienced with all the other characters.

Gameplay wise, it is very similar to left for dead (hordes, specials, tank/ogre, consummable to pick up, ammos) though I feel the learning curve is higher for vermintide.

3 minutes ago, Diamon said:

Ooooh I love this game! Happen to have nearly 100 hours on it, playing the bright witch! If you happen to play on EU I'd be glad to play with you, or anyone! (else, rip latency)

For those who are not very familiar with the game, it's a left for dead like with rp elements (equipment with different rarity that you can "loot" or "craft", rewarded at the end of the mission, rarity being both random and depending on the difficulty of the mission + what you could call addtional challenge you manage to succeed).

The real difference with L4D though is that weapons are characters specific (there are 5 for the moment), meaning that playing with the dward or the elf grants you different weapons, with as a result a much different gameplay. For example, I have played for 90 hours with the bright witch, specializing in range and with specific mechanics, but I am much less experienced with all the other characters.

Gameplay wise, it is very similar to left for dead (hordes, specials, tank/ogre, consummable to pick up, ammos) though I feel the learning curve is higher for vermintide.

hell yeah I do!

share your steam name and Ill add you, gonna play a game with one of my friends soon if you wanna join

Sure, though I'm not home currenty, won't be available before an hour or so. My steam name is "Diamonit" (should have some sort of green llama as a picture)

added you, my avatar is a horse.

Also im most likely gonna end up playing for the rest of the night (as always) so just come when you can.

Cool! Just by curiosity, what is your level on the game / what difficulty do you usually play on?

usually play dwarf/empire soldier, im almost level 20 I think and im playing on hard borderlining on nightmare if I have other actual people to play with, because the bots suck.

Alright, I'm over 50, so I should be able to give you some tips and tricks, and hopefully we can make you and your friend farm some good equipment before attacking nightmare :)

Nightmare is quite hard since friendly fire starts to appear at this difficulty, but the most annoying is that rat have more health, often requiring orange or at least blue items to kill them quickly, and you only have one down before dying, which is quite the difference. Not sure I can carry you through nightmare since I can only hold my own on this mode, but I'll try :P

Iv played this game since closed beta, and I haven't touched it much,let me tell you why...the community is absolute SHIT, that is right, pardon my language, but thats how I will describe it. So let me tell you about the unfortunate encounters I'v had in this game, this is day 1 close beta, joins the game, sees some people already level 12 and 13ish, was thinking oh wow guys, hardcore players, this high already? KICKED, why? because I was level 1....HOW THE HELL DO I PLAY AND LEVEL IF YOU KICK ME,and this was more than ONCE,so luckily this did not happen too often after a while..managed to play a coupe rounds, around level 8 or 9 ish, was having a ton of fun, everyone was using the magnus horn glitch back then,but I joined a game,and halfway through, the three just ditched me...like as in leaving me for dead against a mob....was playing on very hard because Game got boring real quick(too easy),you don't just survive all those rats on very hard....so I died, they proceeded to kill those rats and fight the ogre, they lost because they were down a man, guess who got kicked? ME, thats right, even though at the screen, I had better stats, damage and kills than those 3, I was kicked because they left me to die....what sort of fucking logic is that? so after that I played a while and then just got off because I had other things to do, I decided to go back when the first DLC was released(which was free, thank the devs for their good and kind souls), and I joined a game....I was in my 10s, like 14 or 15 ish, found a game with three people that are way above me , like 40ish, I was like wow, I was gone for a long while, people have leveld up....and...KICKED...WTF, were you the same bastards that kicked me in closed beta? I just stopped playing after that, the community is just so much shit, worse than the cs:go community, which troll kicks for fun, these people in this community kick for a reason they think is actually legit. If you want to play together, I'd be grateful, this game has only left me with rage disbelief. 

1 hour ago, LiquidShu said:

I was always interested in the game but my bias towards L4D and the fact that it doesn't have workshop is off putting.

it doesnt need to, the team still works on new expansions and shit for it.

52 minutes ago, sub-zer0 said:

TL:DR

Yeah, the community can be harsh sometimes, but I have a friend I play with and took a couple with @Diamon today, was really fun (and diamon is pretty good imo, teached me a lot of stuff).

But yeah, I dont really get kicked though but everybody leaves if you fuck up lol.

1 hour ago, sub-zer0 said:

Iv played this game since closed beta, and I haven't touched it much,let me tell you why...the community is absolute SHIT, that is right, pardon my language, but thats how I will describe it. So let me tell you about the unfortunate encounters I'v had in this game, this is day 1 close beta, joins the game, sees some people already level 12 and 13ish, was thinking oh wow guys, hardcore players, this high already? KICKED, why? because I was level 1....HOW THE HELL DO I PLAY AND LEVEL IF YOU KICK ME,and this was more than ONCE,so luckily this did not happen too often after a while..managed to play a coupe rounds, around level 8 or 9 ish, was having a ton of fun, everyone was using the magnus horn glitch back then,but I joined a game,and halfway through, the three just ditched me...like as in leaving me for dead against a mob....was playing on very hard because Game got boring real quick(too easy),you don't just survive all those rats on very hard....so I died, they proceeded to kill those rats and fight the ogre, they lost because they were down a man, guess who got kicked? ME, thats right, even though at the screen, I had better stats, damage and kills than those 3, I was kicked because they left me to die....what sort of fucking logic is that? so after that I played a while and then just got off because I had other things to do, I decided to go back when the first DLC was released(which was free, thank the devs for their good and kind souls), and I joined a game....I was in my 10s, like 14 or 15 ish, found a game with three people that are way above me , like 40ish, I was like wow, I was gone for a long while, people have leveld up....and...KICKED...WTF, were you the same bastards that kicked me in closed beta? I just stopped playing after that, the community is just so much shit, worse than the cs:go community, which troll kicks for fun, these people in this community kick for a reason they think is actually legit. If you want to play together, I'd be grateful, this game has only left me with rage disbelief.

Sounds like L4D. A lot of the time you will get kicked for not having enough hours played as well. 

24 minutes ago, LiquidShu said:

Sounds like L4D. A lot of the time you will get kicked for not having enough hours played as well. 

I'v never been kicked in L4D, or CS:GO, in any co-op game because Im rather good at gaming to the point where i won't get kicked...but If you read my rant, I was kicked for just playing the game, had nothing to do with my skills or play time...I mean this first happened in closed beta,everyone is pretty new, and they kick me before even playing with me.....that's why I'm so mad, if they kick me after playing with me, at least i know they think I'm bad, but i wasn't even given a chance to prove anything, and I was kicked.