Beat Blades Haruka Review Discussion

Kaguya

I found the writing in the review disjointed and difficult to follow, likely due to an overuse of hyphens and the convoluted way the words are organized.  That's my main criticism.  The content itself seems good.

As for the game, the H-scenes and filler slice-of-life scenes (many even repeat multiple times) get tedious.  I'm not much of a fan of multiple variations on the same basic H-scene.  This design choice adds to the sense of repetition.  I think this game would've benefited from an increased focus on gameplay and a smaller number of unique sex scenes that show actual character and relationship development.  The Venus Blood series illustrates how such a balance can be achieved without making the game any less sexy.

As was brought up in the comments on the review, the way that you introduced the review was, quite frankly, brilliant. For the most part your writing is clear and it's practically continuously interesting to read - so yeah, nice work.

...which leads to a massive 200~300 fully written H scenes

Hoooooooooly shit :pyaa:

It was succinct and "to-the-point", which is commendable.

I would have liked if you spent a bit more time on the game-play aspects. The game-play, while not brilliant, served as an entertaining distraction and a breather between the H-scenes. Of course, the main draw is still the H-scenes, but I felt the game-play was decent too. It required efficient management of resources to make sure your peace points wasn't too low, and not to spread your resources too thin between the 3 heroines. It is perfectly possible to lose the game if you intend to train up all your heroines evenly, resulting in your main heroine being too weak even to defeat minor bosses such as the Kainins (I should know...).

Otherwise, this was a good review which pretty much sums up the game, which was a pretty fun ride, all things considered.

It was a good review Kaguya. I liked it too. Good mentioning the possibility to choice whatever route you want and skip darker H-scenes. It was a clean and on point review as LAsuka said. Although the gameplay is easy and a bit repetive in my opinion. But it was as you said " The gameplay, however, is rather easy and is meant to serve as a little bit of flavorful fun to the sex and the fights, as well as being a very convenient way to shift scenes. ". It filled its purpose and made your brain change its state of mind until the next H-scene or event.