VN leak 2016 (by moogy)

senhua1980

Ixrec working on more than just HF is possible

There's a possibility of MG licensing AnE

SP just announced a lot of projects, so I don't think even more are in their mind at the moment

Don't know a thing about Aroduc, so no comment

I doubt Moogy and Makoto are TL-ing Tokyo Necro, as the just announced TL project for it is gaining publicity

It's possible for it to be a console game, no comment

Highly doubt that this "merged fan-translator company" is a thing

Looking at the feedback from the "MTL-translation", this can be real indeed

Doubt it; koestl himself said that he's focusing on translating the Grisaia trilogy for the time being

There has been a lot of talk about Mahoyo, wouldn't be surprised if this was real

This would seem like the kind of thing SP would do, but as they are most likely releasing Wagamama High Spec along with its anime adaptation, I doubt this is real

This kind of thing is becoming more and more popular as of late, it's possible

As for my opinion, since the one who tweeted this was Moogy and the day was April fools to boot, well better be cautious I supposed. But I think it's quite worthwhile to speculated, since after all even with his infamy Moogy was still former moral support for TL Wiki, and therefore he might know some behind the scene in VN Translation, however doubtful maybe. And since I was bored, might give a little of my speculation here.

@Arcadeotic For Aroduc, he was quite famous for translating VN with gameplay. His work were Kamidori and Seinarukana (He was translated this after 2 previous translators of Seinarukana disappear). Anyway, about 2 of his project, I think if this is true, the most likely project would be Amatsukaze, since I'd read his post back at his blog that he was complained GIGA engine was too hard to work when he translated Duel Savior (Note that Baldr Sky using GIGA engine)

Ixrec, other than he was somewhat divisive in regard of translation (ie too literal) I think at this time he was quite busy with work, so much that his project Rewrte HF page was abandoned for several months. Keep in mind that he was usually did update every week for the progress. With his business, i think he couldn't take more than 2 projects.

About Aiyoku, I think just see it later if it's true or not. Other than that not care much and quite had a little to comment. That's all from me.

7 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Pretty sure we won't see MG step outside of their safety bubble anytime soon, based on luke-warm sales with TB/KnS2/Gahkthun. :komari:

It's unfortunate that the good VNs like KnS2 and TB sell poorly while the Sakura series sells quite a bit, but that's the world we live in. :vinty:

3 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

It's unfortunate that the good VNs like KnS2 and TB sell poorly while the Sakura series sells quite a bit, but that's the world we live in. :vinty:

The irony is that they are probably still popular - but people can just torrent~

I can't say much, as I've done my share of yarharring in the past - but it's a real eye-opener when it affects what may/may not get localized...

Just now, Suzu Fanatic said:

The irony is that they are probably still popular - but people can just torrent~

I can't say much, as I've done my share of yarharring in the past - but it's a real eye-opener when it affects what may/may not get localized...

That is true. I'll probably stop caring about the TL scene after I've learned Japanese anyways. :makina:

They're obviously all true, especially the ones about Eustia. Also, the "more than just Harvest Festa" that Ixrec is working on is, in fact, a fan translation of Eustia. And when it says "the secret project is a console game", it's referring to the PSVita port of Eustia, of course.

Eustia from everybody, for everybody.

pretty sure its aroduc working on amatsukaze, as the hints he´s leaked point towards said title.
& nah, him doing baldr is out of question, why? - simply because the dualogy wasnt his cup of tea.
reg. eustia, cant see both publishers having sth to do with august, because.. reasons & stuff (doesnt mean eustia wont get an eng. release though)
the major simultaneous one seems also quite possible, island comes to mind as mentioned by some.
ixrec might work on sth else, but who knows...
as for the rest, no idea, or whatoever.