Information

Name: Venus Blood -Desire- English Interface Patch
Version: 1.06
Author: MandatoryUsername
Requirements: Venus Blood -Desire- v1.10 by Dual Tail & Ninetail
    Official - http://ninetail.tk/td07/
    VNDB - https://vndb.org/v2869
    Getchu - http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=662162
    Random Patch 1.10 mirror - http://mirror.tsundere.ne.jp/mirrorinfo/commerce/adult/dualmage/VenusBloodDesire-patch110.html

Game Description

Spoiler

Dantes, an oracle, used to belong to a religious community. But he was betrayed by other members and all his family members were killed. He got away from his homeland... Several years later, he meets Ereed, the god of desire, and gets a magical power. He successfully captures and confines Rtuna, the god of the sky, using his power and starts a ritual to make her his sex slave...

[From ErogeShop][From VNDB]

Patch Description

A mostly functional patch for the interface of Venus Blood -Desire-. This patch does not translate the story, only most everything else.

I started this project mostly for my own personal use and then finally decided to finish the last 10% and release after it's been sitting on my hard drive for over a year. Warning, I can not speak, read, or write Japanese. The patch is what I will refer to as a human interpreted machine translation. Meaning I plugged the Japanese text into google and other translators/dictionaries, and then tried to translate the output in mostly comprehendable English. While the patch may be mostly functional English, their is no guarantee that any of it is remotely accurate. That being said, much more effort was spent to ensure accuracy than taking taking machine translations at face value. As of v1.05, word alignment has been much improved due to a better understanding of the engine.

If you have any corrections, suggestions, bug reports, or whatever, feel free to post them.

Progress

The Interface Patch is complete at version 1.0. Only any editing and bug fixing I didn't catch remains. No translation of the story is planned, though if anyone would like to give it a shot, I'll lend whatever aid I can.

Download Links

Changelog

1.0, 4/03/2016 - Initial release.
1.01 5/26/2016 - Some typos fixed, a handful of untranslated images translated.
1.05 7/27/2016 - Significant update. Should bring it close to the quality of my Venus Blood Empire patch. A lot of editing and quite a bit retranslation. Large amounts of text has improved formatting. Several bugs were fixed. Almost all of the images were edited to make the text's style closer to the original, and to reduce jitter of text when you mouse over buttons.
1.06 11/30/2019 - Fixes a single error in the story choices (patch4.xp3) display choice results version. No other changes.

Note: Seeing as Ninetail is doing an official translation of Venus Blood Frontier, which you should definitely go buy, I will not be making any more patches of the Venus Blood games.

Edited by MandatoryUsername
new version

Neat.  I haven't played this game specifically, but later iterations of the Venus Blood series have very complicated gameplay.  I imagine the earlier entries have simpler gameplay that would be easier for someone who doesn't know Japanese to pick up.  They could then challenge the later entries with a basic understanding of the system as a foundation to build on.

1 hour ago, solidbatman said:

"Human interpreted machine translation"

Ummm, I know its just a UI translation but that quote right there really does not inspire any confidence in this. I'm sure some people will appreciate this though! 

The key here is that all that's important in a UI translation is labeling what does what.  Inaccuracy is somewhat identifiable by simple playtesting (does the button do what it says it does?).  And if it's wrong, who cares?  Some idea of what's going on is better than having to rely on the guess and check method.  In the end, all that matters is that players can figure out how to get their sexual training scenes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...