Spring 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

3 minutes ago, havoc said:

Yeah the first episode was pretty mediocere but by the third it really managed to get going.

Have you tried flying with yet, it is a haikyu series which is pretty rare. Think Aria the animation.

I checked it on MAL and can't see what is it about exactly. Did you mean Haikus? Cuz I don't think you really meant Haikyuu, as in the volleyball anime, right? xD

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

I checked it on MAL and can't see what is it about exactly. Did you mean Haikus? Cuz I don't think you really meant Haikyuu, as in the volleyball anime, right? xD

Oops I kind of got confused there, I meant Iyashikei.

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Like, a calming, laid-back series?

pretty much, they do have a plot, but it tend to progress a lot slower than other series.
To these series, the characters, the world and the pacing are everything.

But they are difficult to explain, you might just want to watch a couple of episodes from aria the animation to see if you like these kind of series.
Despite the fact that it is sweet enough to rot your teeth away, t is still one of my favorite series and one i generally watch when i am stressed out. (the other being ''your under arrest'')
http://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_The_Animation

5 hours ago, havoc said:

pretty much, they do have a plot, but it tend to progress a lot slower than other series.
To these series, the characters, the world and the pacing are everything.

But they are difficult to explain, you might just want to watch a couple of episodes from aria the animation to see if you like these kind of series.
Despite the fact that it is sweet enough to rot your teeth away, t is still one of my favorite series and one i generally watch when i am stressed out. (the other being ''your under arrest'')
http://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_The_Animation

Well, I downloaded the current 2 episodes, and will probably check 'em out tomorrow.

Also, Bungou Stray Dogs keeps being awesome.

Okay, wow that is a beautiful episode for Kabaneri. Plenty of action, well composed soundtrack (sasuga Sawano again), actually a good MC and one hell of a badass main heroine. Oh yeah I almost forgot the God ED song. Aimer and Chelly on both of your ears.... just melting your brain....

Flying Witch has a relaxing and cute OP with a very relaxed atmosphere and well rounded characters all around. The highlights of this series however, will probably be the reaction these characters are giving because some of them are pure priceless!

17 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Okay, wow that is a beautiful episode for Kabaneri. Plenty of action, well composed soundtrack (sasuga Sawano again), actually a good MC and one hell of a badass main heroine. Oh yeah I almost forgot the God ED song. Aimer and Chelly on both of your ears.... just melting your brain....

The scene when he isolates the virus is SO. FUCKING. AWESOME. Almost as awesome as the immediate previous scene, when he kills the bakaneri with his newly modified weapon.

Dropped a lot more this season than last.

Stand out new shows are:

• Koutetsujou
  • Zero Kara Hajimeru
  • Netoge
  • Haifuri

Watching lots of others as always but they're all just time fillers whereas I look forward to those above. Koutetsujou no kabaneri will likely be the one to watch if you end up watching just one series this season.

Special mention for Hundred since episode 3. Silly tropeworthy show in the extreme but it's still silly fun.

Macross Δ 03 I am liking it quite a bit. 

Big Order - Kinda bad but enjoyable. Crazy girl keep on dying, funny. 

Asterisk 04 - If it went away with the terrible it could actually be really damn good. Still enjoying. 

On 21-4-2016 at 2:55 AM, Jun Inoue said:

Well, I downloaded the current 2 episodes, and will probably check 'em out tomorrow.

Also, Bungou Stray Dogs keeps being awesome.

I dropped the series after the first episode, mostly because it was just a tad to wacky for me.
But scince i am hearing good things about it, i went back and watched the first three episodes.
It is actually a pretty good series, i just havent figured out if it is my kind of series. Will make my verdict after the fourth episode.

I also sumbled across another pretty decent series kuromukuro. It is kind of like lagrange.

Just watched Re:Zero Ep4, this anime is fantastic. While not entirely an eventful episode, this one portrayed the main character personalities so well and not your generic cookie cutter personalties either. Just your regular guy and your regular girl scene at the end of the episode. 

But that ending cliffhanger though, the impact was great... I love these, they keep you off balanced not knowing what will happen next!

Definitely my favorite of this season so far.

Other things I watched:

High School Fleet: I can't tel where they are trying to go with this anime, but so far has been alright I guess. 

Mayoiga: Suspense and mystery are going good so far, while some parts remain lackluster. Much cliffhanger

Sakatmoto: Fabulous like last week

Anne Happy: hilarious, love the character interactions, this week especially.

NetoGe: Love this one too, probably my second favorite this season. 

1 hour ago, Ceris said:

Just watched Re:Zero Ep4, this anime is fantastic. While not entirely an eventful episode, this one portrayed the main character personalities so well and not your generic cookie cutter personalties either. Just your regular guy and your regular girl scene at the end of the episode. 

Reveal hidden contents

But that ending cliffhanger though, the impact was great... I love these, they keep you off balanced not knowing what will happen next!

Dang yeah.

When that last scene happens, I immediately screamed "GODDAMIT FUCK". I knew the show would not leave us with such a cute and simple episode.

42 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Dang yeah.

Hide contents

When that last scene happens, I immediately screamed "GODDAMIT FUCK". I knew the show would not leave us with such a cute and simple episode.

Spoiler

I fell the same way as i fell for some of steins;gate plot twists, man, Re;Zero has that steins;gate feel of breaking your mind with time traveling, even if this time it's different..

someone killed subaru, but who...

It has been the fourth episode and they still haven't used a proper ed scene yet. It's not that I'm complaining but I'm purely amazed by the quality of this show art wise alone that they're sticking with removing the ED animations for new scenes..... considering especially that the studio doing this show isn't known for high tier, long running, production quality series.....

And that's a good twist though the foreshadowing came a little late. Saw it coming when Beatrice talked to herself after Subaru gets thrown out of the room before going to bed. I'm guessing she knew the plan to kill Subaru from someone but decided not to take action on it since Subaru isn't a pivotal thing in her life....

yet

3 minutes ago, Shikomizue said:

I'm also on the hype train for Re:Zero.

Reveal hidden contents

Still wondering who dun it myself. Primary suspects would be Ram and Roswaal because of that one scene. Possibly Rom, but there's nothing indicating it was her.

Joining in the hype since I didn't predict it.

Maybe he starts from zero whenever he doesn't do everything right a'la Groundhog day and he wasn't actually killed this time

Just now, ittaku said:

Hide contents

Maybe he starts from zero whenever he doesn't do everything right a'la Groundhog day and he wasn't actually killed this time

Spoiler

That's entirely possible, we've (including Subaru) just assumed that it only happens when he dies. Maybe that's part of the ultimate goal as to why he was summoned to that world.

50 minutes ago, Shikomizue said:

I'm also on the hype train for Re:Zero.

Hide contents

Still wondering who dun it myself. Primary suspects would be Ram and Roswaal because of that one scene. Possibly Rom, but there's nothing indicating it was her.

Rom?

Maybe you meant Rem ;D

fa5d3ecd6d7b654412c4da15d12cb8cd.jpg

45 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Hide contents

That's what I initially thought, too, but I get the feeling it's too late in the game for that kind of a change. And, considering all the mystery and sudden suspicions, I'm positive he has died in his sleep, which is super creepy, if I may add.

He's in the mansion with that odd loli, the 2 maids, Roswaal (who looks kinda strong), Subaru and Puck, and noone realized they were under attack/someone was getting murdered? Or... was it one of them? Or did everyone die? O_O

They already said that protecting the insignia is super important... so it seems more probable that it's been someone... from the mansion.

2 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Hide contents

Rom?

Maybe you meant Rem ;D

fa5d3ecd6d7b654412c4da15d12cb8cd.jpg

Hide contents

That's what I initially thought, too, but I get the feeling it's too late in the game for that kind of a change. And, considering all the mystery and sudden suspicions, I'm positive he has died in his sleep, which is super creepy, if I may add.

He's in the mansion with that odd loli, the 2 maids, Roswaal (who looks kinda strong), Subaru and Puck, and noone realized they were under attack/someone was getting murdered? Or... was it one of them? Or did everyone die? O_O

Spoiler

Oops, been playing too much Hyperdimension Neptunia it seems.

It was probably someone in the mansion already, I mean, Roswaal seemed to want Subaru dead.

5 minutes ago, Shikomizue said:

Hide contents

Oops, been playing too much Hyperdimension Neptunia it seems.

It was probably someone in the mansion already, I mean, Roswaal seemed to want Subaru dead.

You think? I mean, he's the one supporting her claim on the throne. It would be a bit weird if he wanted her dead. Although I guess they could pull up some weird scheme... who knows

One thing's for sure, re zero certainly has grabbed our attention more than all the rest with its intrigue. There have been a couple of times already it took a totally unexpected direction, and they were mostly well executed, making it feel very fresh compared to so many other shows.

12 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Reveal hidden contents

You think? I mean, he's the one supporting her claim on the throne. It would be a bit weird if he wanted her dead. Although I guess they could pull up some weird scheme... who knows

Spoiler

Her? Don't tell me you confused the MCs names? Subaru is the guy MC, Emilia is the the girl MC.

Roswaal was talking about spys and how Subaru was too conspicuous, he even made the cut throat sign.