Spring 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

9 hours ago, Jibril said:

White Fox does sequels more than other studios *coughmadhousecough* so that gives us some hope for a Re Zero sequel. AGK pre-orders are way below expectations thus the author gave them the condensed script for the anime to finish up without resorting to cliffhangers. You also have to factor in how popular is Re Zero overseas compared to AGK which is popular due to hate. Merchandise sales plays a big role too for an anime's future. It is also possible that White Fox doesn't continue it but have another studio leading the production for a sequel instead. Silver Link and J.C. Staff are the prime choices as both studio is listed being outsourced by White Fox and are well known for LN/WN adaptations.

Not including specials, OVAs, and movies.

Sequels done by Madhouse:
Chi's Sweet Home
Chihayafuru
Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat
Galaxy Angel x3
Kaiji
Hajime no Ippo x2
Juubee-chan
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Stitch!

Sequels done by White Fox:
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Jormungand

Even if I were to include non-TV sequels, Madhouse would still win by a wider margin.

Popularity doesn't always guarantee a sequel. I don't know how Hataraku Maou-sama holds up in Japan, but on MAL, it seems to be significantly more popular than GochiUsa and Jormungand, yet hasn't had an announcement for a sequel yet. It's been 2 years since the anime ended, and the LN is still publishing.

Not saying you shouldn't have any hope for it at all, just to keep your expectations low. Like I said, there's really no easy to to predict whether an anime gets a TV sequel or not. Specials, OVAs, and movies are far more likely to happen.

Just want to point out Madhouse has a much much larger anime released history than White Fox. Plus, half those "sequels" seem to me low budget kids shows.

Don't see why everyone just went straight into meda-downer mode, no one likes to let others dream it seems.

On 6/7/2016 at 1:14 PM, Ceris said:

Just want to point out Madhouse has a much much larger anime released history than White Fox. Plus, half those "sequels" seem to me low budget kids shows.

Don't see why everyone just went straight into meda-downer mode, no one likes to let others dream it seems.

On the contrary, I think my view on this matter is optimistic. If you keep your expectations low, then it's less upsetting if it doesn't happen, and more satisfying if it does.

Damn Trigger, back at it again with the dark twists!

As usual, for whatever reason, the first half of this episode is tad boring and simply unneeded set ups but the second half especially the last 5 minutes really make it up. Definitely make my heart ache, talk about a really depressing turn out...

Fate worse than death. Oh God do if they don't feel anything then do they think about.... anything? Or are they in a vegetable state of emotion and have to be guided through their daily life... forever...

Ayyyyy what are you doing, Roswaald. Leave the dragon alone! Shit's gonna hit the fan, it seems.

Is he the one who rescues them after Ram's horn is cut off, or is he the one to cut it off? Common sense would dictate it's the former, but the fire spell he used in this episode looked a lot like the fire engulfing the twin's hometown.

29 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Feels very unlikely.

Feels unlikely, I agree with you on that one.

But at the same time we already have ourself a love triangle at this point in time.
I cant wait for the next arc, one of the very few times i wish i had waited with watching a show until it finished airing.

11 minutes ago, havoc said:

Feels unlikely, I agree with you on that one.

But at the same time we already have ourself a love triangle at this point in time.
I cant wait for the next arc, one of the very few times i wish i had waited with watching a show until it finished airing.

What triangle? I hope you don't mean Rem, cuz there hasn't been anything pointing at her falling for Subaru, but rather finally trusting him as a friend and being really grateful.

We (and specially anime producers) tend to forget that there's something called "a trillion different feelings apart from love" in the world. We are too used to epic adventures where people randomly fall in love with each other nonstop. Re:Zero has proved, at least for now, that it's not gonna take the road of trashy anime, where being a decent human being and/or helping makes anything with female genitals fall in love with you. We didn't even see a blush on her face, as long as I remember from today's episode, so I'd be really shocked at the sheer stupidity of the author pulling a love triangle out of his ass.

Ah, underwhelming second half for the episode, but I understand it's nothing more than concluding everything and hinting tons of other info. Towards the next arc!

Redo playing while Subaru's facing the puppy boss is epic, I'll give it that. I will also put all my bets that the shaman is without a doubt the only loli that doesn't get the curse, which would be that one with the blue hair. I hope the plot twist is she's the jealous witch. Roswaal motivation is revealed and obvious setting of something tragic in his past involving the dragon. But damn this episode we didn't even get a wind of what the next arc will look like. I guess it's the same as episode 3 ending too...

Meanwhile Bones back at it again with the epic shonen fights for Boku no Hero. 

26 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Ah, underwhelming second half for the episode, but I understand it's nothing more than concluding everything and hinting tons of other info. Towards the next arc!

Hide contents

Redo playing while Subaru's facing the puppy boss is epic, I'll give it that. I will also put all my bets that the shaman is without a doubt the only loli that doesn't get the curse, which would be that one with the blue hair. I hope the plot twist is she's the jealous witch. Roswaal motivation is revealed and obvious setting of something tragic in his past involving the dragon. But damn this episode we didn't even get a wind of what the next arc will look like. I guess it's the same as episode 3 ending too...

Meanwhile Bones back at it again with the epic shonen fights for Boku no Hero. 

At least it is as we hoped for. Clear cut and end for the arc, fresh start for the next one.

THE HYPE IS SO REAL.

I knew it. No way they're gonna let loose that plot too far away. OMG I seriously can't wait for more Re Zero. 

I knew it, Felt must've been someone important to the throne. And dem brainswashed eyes... wew... Let's kickstart the politics!

4 hours ago, Jibril said:

THE HYPE IS SO REAL.

I knew it. No way they're gonna let loose that plot too far away. OMG I seriously can't wait for more Re Zero. 

Reveal hidden contents

I knew it, Felt must've been someone important to the throne. And dem brainswashed eyes... wew... Let's kickstart the politics!

I told youuuuuuuuuuuu.

Although I don't see the brainwashed eyes. To me, it just looked like she's freaking out. I mean, she was a street thief basically a few days ago, now she's a candidate to the throne.

Also, thx Re:Zero for the trap of the season.

Kinda of dropped majority of stuff I was watching. These 3 were the last surviving in watch. 

Asterisk End - What a bunch of nonsense. Trash. Not the good kind. 

Macross - Trash

Kabaneri - This is the good kind of trash. It has gotten ridiculously dumb, I'm in.

That cliffhanger though.

Spoiler

I knew that Felt was gonna be the fifth candidate, but only because all the signs were there at the end of the episode. :wafuu:

4 hours ago, Ceris said:

Just wanted to point out, this week's Re:Zero episode had so fucking adorable Rem moments, like wow. :wafuu:

28 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Best gurl. ^^ 

I have to agree, Rem is objectively best girl. :sacchan:

15 hours ago, Okarin said:

Gonna watch Rewrite. Wish me luck!

Somehow missed this despite posting right below it. I think pretty much everyone here is going to try out the Rewrite anime (at least, those who've read the VN). I've got extremely low expectations, to the point where I'm assuming it's going to be shit. The studio sucks, the artwork in the PVs is shit, it's anime original arc (hopefully the writers manage to make a good story), it's also assumed to be 1cour. 

Despite all this, I 100% loved Rewrite, if it got a perfect adaption (which no way in hell it is now), it'd claim my #1 favorite anime of all time without contest.

5 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Unfortunately, according to anime rule, she won't be the main romance, and she'll prolly lose interest in the plot. 

I read a massive spoiler without thinking, and can say she has an importance to the plot again at some point. 

23 minutes ago, Ceris said:

I think pretty much everyone here is going to try out the Rewrite anime (at least, those who've read the VN).

Nope, not me. I kinda hated the visual novel, so I have no plans whatsoever of watching an adaption, lol. Hope it doesn't let you down too hard though.

I will agree with what you said about Rem at least. I think it's pretty unanimous among thread posters that she is objectively best girl. :sachi:

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

But White Fox basically rushed episode 12 and forgot many events, 2 involving our best gurl. UmU 

Rather than rush, what they did is masterfully introduce the new arc.

In a single episode they bridged the completed arc to the new one (moving to the capital), introduced new characters, showed the changes in the old ones, presented the new arc and its plot.
So much stuff, yet the episode doesn't feel convoluted or that it skipped parts, making it feel chunky.