Spring 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Twin Star - Is a drop. 

Re:Zero - Very good episode. Was not surprised to see who it was but still good way to reveal and end it. 

Kabaneri - Definitely was a great episode when it came to the action, looked amazing. I hope it doesn't go the route of what made AOT totally blah for me.   

Wagamama High Spec - Rewatched ep 1-2 and up to current after finishing game; know the small details like Ashe likes to eat a lot, yay? Could have been the semi-watchable-trashy harem anime of season if it wasn't 2-min shorts, at least for more Ashe. 

Rezero 7 remains awesome and goes up even a notch further. Plot unfolding, things explained, characters fleshed out, action well animated. Nothing to complain about.

Spoiler

What does Beatrice now? Every time he's come back from a loop she's given hints that she knows about him dying and is perhaps able to see the whole time loop.

35 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Rezero 7 remains awesome and goes up even a notch further. Plot unfolding, things explained, characters fleshed out, action well animated. Nothing to complain about.

Hide contents

What does Beatrice now? Every time he's come back from a loop she's given hints that she knows about him dying and is perhaps able to see the whole time loop.

I thought the same a couple episodes ago, and I realized smth. It's pretty well thought out, cuz everything she says can also be traced back to the fact that she already met him once before the respawn, had all that mana-steal "joke" and stuff. It would be insane if she was the shaman, though...

Or maybe it'll just be someone on town, since curses are supposed to be close range magic, and one thing Subaru and Rem have in common is that they both go to the town to shop, so it would make sense if Rem died this episode cuz the shaman decided to curse her instead of Subaru (since he didn't leave the mansion at all, this time). Unless he went to shop with Ram instead and  I'm remembering it wrong... which would be a "fruck me" moment.

6 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Hide contents

I thought the same a couple episodes ago, and I realized smth. It's pretty well thought out, cuz everything she says can also be traced back to the fact that she already met him once before the respawn, had all that mana-steal "joke" and stuff. It would be insane if she was the shaman, though...

Or maybe it'll just be someone on town, since curses are supposed to be close range magic, and one thing Subaru and Rem have in common is that they both go to the town to shop, so it would make sense if Rem died this episode cuz the shaman decided to curse her instead of Subaru (since he didn't leave the mansion at all, this time). Unless he went to shop with Ram instead and  I'm remembering it wrong... which would be a "fruck me" moment.

Spoiler

Personal opinion, the girl with the dog is the shaman. And i think it is the dog not the girl.

Take a good look at the dog when it came up, there is something off about it.

4 hours ago, havoc said:
  Hide contents

Personal opinion, the girl with the dog is th

e shaman. And i think it is the dog not the girl.

Take a good look at the dog when it came up, there is something off about it.

I have thought of that, too. It's mentioned by Subaru the 1st time he plans a date with Emilia, and when he goes shopping to town he gets not only touched, but also biten by the dog. It would be really wtf though, if the arc's bad guy was a shaman in a dog's body xD

Still,  Re:Zero is proving to be really interesting to watch and discuss.

1 hour ago, TheFantasm said:

Still haven't watched an episode of Boku no Hero. Just doesn't seem interesting.

It really isn't. It also has the problem that it's using the old school approach to shonen. Useless-except-for-his-spirit MC is randomly granted a super op power and shows everyone how cool he is.

If you find yourself in need of a time killer, you might wanna watch it. Otherwise, don't bother. The action scenes are also found very rarely, so it doesn't even have that going for it. More fights are coming in the next episodes, but still...

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have thought of that, too. It's mentioned by Subaru the 1st time he plans a date with Emilia, and when he goes shopping to town he gets not only touched, but also biten by the dog. It would be really wtf though, if the arc's bad guy was a shaman in a dog's body xD

Still,  Re:Zero is proving to be really interesting to watch and discuss.

It really isn't. It also has the problem that it's using the old school approach to shonen. Useless-except-for-his-spirit MC is randomly granted a super op power and shows everyone how cool he is.

If you find yourself in need of a time killer, you might wanna watch it. Otherwise, don't bother. The action scenes are also found very rarely, so it doesn't even have that going for it. More fights are coming in the next episodes, but still...

Maybe it was just me but, did the dog not have a bald head? Or am i getting really confused?

10 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Waaaaaaaaaat.

Went an checked it in the manga, and the dog there does indeed have a bald spot on its head.
That and i believe the dog in the anime was purple, the color of absolute evil. (dont hold me to this one though)

Spoiler

If that does not turn out to be a shaman with a gehehehe laugh, i dont know it anymore.

Just now, havoc said:

Went an checked it in the manga, and the dog there does indeed have a bald spot on its head.

Hide contents

If that does not turn out to be a shaman wit a gehehehe laugh i dont know it anymore.

I wonder if anime studios have a file titled "One Piece laughs", and just take them from there for their series, whenever they need a special laugh.

3 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I wonder if anime studios have a file titled "One Piece laughs", and just take them from there for their series, whenever they need a special laugh.

Dont know, i do know that a the type of evil laugh is usually dependant on on the age and outward appearance of a character.

Spoiler

Altough i really hope the shaman does not turn out the be a balding man in his forties with a shaman stick, that can transform into a dog.

On 5/16/2016 at 9:25 PM, Jun Inoue said:

Hide contents

It was Rem he went with. I was starting to mix up Rem and Ram with having 1 week between episodes so I researched all the scenes with them in the past 3 episodes prior to this week. I noticed he spends more time with Ram over Rem, but earlier, it was Ram discussing with Roswaal about Subaru being a possible spy.

Though useless info anyway since we know it was Ram as she was grieving over Rem's death.

Edited by Ceris

I've been wanting to focus mostly on my list of unfinished anime and whatnot, but I decided to open up a spot for one show this season and started Re:Zero. This was highly recommended to me by a close friend, and I'm not disappointed in the slightest so far. Except for the 1st episode (which wasn't bad, but not great), this anime has been consistently engaging and surprisingly smart in a few ways despite my initial impression. I'll definitely be watching this with great anticipation. The characters are great, too.

Edit: Randomly came across this. https://gifsound.com/?gifv=j3FCpMI&v=OvCpXeg6SyA

Hmm... this week's Bungou Stray Dogs has been kinda weird. There was a lot of bs and stupid stuff that could had been easily avoided. It feels like the author keeps juggling with the intelligence of the characters, so at times they all act like impressive geniuses, and at others they do incredibly retarded stuff.

So Dazai decides to call the Azure Messenger knowing what will happen, only to give a little speech/lecture to Kunikida? Did he seriously plan and indirectly murder the hacker boy and the Azure Messenger, just to tell Kunikida that he needs to be careful with his ideals? The fuck?

And the Messenger is invested enough in her ex's ideals that she'll create and execute such an insane plan, but won't do things easier like just shoot Dazai and Kunikida when they turn their back?

This episode has finished the arc, leaving so many plot holes and stupidity around...

Also, Kabaneri is so fucking awesome. The episodes feel so incredibly short, with all the epic action and the stress and severity of the problems.

On 18/05/2016 at 9:12 PM, Ceris said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was Rem he went with. I was starting to mix up Rem and Ram with having 1 week between episodes so I researched all the scenes with them in the past 3 episodes prior to this week. I noticed he spends more time with Ram over Rem, but earlier, it was Ram discussing with Roswaal about Subaru being a possible spy.

Though useless info anyway since we know it was Ram as she was grieving over Rem's death.

Boyyyyy that scene is all my theory.

d176399c25c5d435a69dfecd02e67eb9.gif