Spring 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

That's as ridiculous as it is false.

hardly its my opinion so there for to me its not ridiculous and simply states that was the only anime i found watching in its entirety...  Gangsta would of been in that post but its studio went under and it was not finished so...

5 minutes ago, RinXD said:

hardly its my opinion so there for to me its not ridiculous and simply states that was the only anime i found watching in its entirety...  Gangsta would of been in that post but its studio went under and it was not finished so...

Then properly word it, please. I can perfectly see and understand that someone only liked/enjoyed 2 anime last year, but do not randomly state that every anime bar 2 were mediocre, especially when it's such a ludicrous and aggressive statement.

So, Hundred is another "swords and cute girls" kind of anime. I'd wonder whether it'll go for the shitty-style of Asterisk or the more watchable Chivalry of a Failed Knight, but the first episode screams Asterisk so hard my ears are bleeding. It'll still get the customary 3 episodes, but... why you all gotta be so repetitive, anime =X

What's the best anime of the season and why is it Bakuon?

Joking aside, this show delivered exactly what I expected, a completely random mash up of highschool girls and motorcycles that's as stupid and entertaining as it sounds.
The comedy is a nice mix of slapstick and verbal humor and the protagonist makes for a good airhead. The lack of Y chromossomes in the show is also pretty funny.
Really liked the first episode, am expecting great things of future episodes.

Just figured I'd give an update on where some shows will be disappearing to;

Kuromukuro: Has been licensed for streaming via netflix. It will air in japan about a week late but it will take 3-6 months (once the show finishes airing) before it actually appears on Netflix. Netflix prefers to allow people to binge anime rather than one episode at a time. Currently no fansub groups have decided to pick up the show which means this one will likely get forgotten about regardless of whether the show is actually any good. 

Magi-Sinbad: Expected for Netflix License as well eventually.

Koutetsujoi no Kabaneri: This show has been licensed for amazon prime exclusively. I have a prime account so I'm good (but have no real interest in this series in the first place) but dear god the amount of groups streaming shows in different places is annoying as fuck.

Kyoukai no Rinne 2: If anyone actually bothered watching the first season it seems they are going to have to go with The Anime Network or AnimeLab (if in Australia/NZ) as these were the two groups that licensed it.

Bungou stray dogs - doesn't excite me, dropped

Anne happy - outtake picture at the end was the best part of this show, otherwise it's meh, dropped

Netoge no yome - cute, looks like it's going to be fun

Bishoujo yuugi - not even interesting enough for a short anime, dropped

Sousei no onmyouji - okayish, will wait and see

Joker game - couldn't even finish 1st episode, dropped

Shounen Ashibe - uh, just no

12 sai - very sweet and watchable (but the only subs of it have terrible translation so you have to know Japanese to make the most of it)

Overall, as far as new series go, looks pretty meh and it appears there's less to watch than last season. Maybe netoge will be the best?

Kabaneri is what I expected. Story predictable but nicely set up, character designs are on somewhat of 90s style with excellent animation details, Sawano half-eargasms and surprisingly, a likeable MC... and no gore censorship too so that's a bonus. However this still can crash and burn.... I wonder if that trainwreck predict the story.... hehe....

Netoge no Yome. Well now I know why they didn't include the harem genre tag..... Should've predicted that twist, but I didn't. Oh well, it is a good plot twist for me. Will look forward to it but I'm not expecting much from this one. Probably ended up as another mediocre story after they reveal their cards in the first episode.

Bakuon! Definitely not a series for me but I want to see more moe.... thankfully I somewhat has the knowledge of motorbikes to get into otherwise this would be a snooze fest... with moe.

Joker Game. What a hard series to get into but considering I like history, this anime could be the hidden gem of this season. Intense ending for the first episode albeit it was slow at the beginning, wonder where it will go from there.... High expectations now after the first ep. I hope they don't mess this one up.

...Oh yeah they did make an anime for FFXV. Well it's still a meh episode 1 but then again its only 10 minute per episode ONA....

Sakamoto desu ga was as perfect as perfection can get.

In a way I wish Sugata did Sakamoto's voice because it would be so fitting and comical, but the VA he got actually does bring out his bishounen vibe even more which is great.

This is a show I'll be excited to tune in every week.

Waifu wars this season are already decided.

Cool. Cooler! Coolest!!

It's like taking the OP MC stereotype and putting it to an everyday highschool life. Combined with a smooth groovy soundtrack and you will get..... what? Haven't you heard? It's Sakamoto.

Bungou Stray Dogs looks fun, but only fun so far. Predictable too but it is only just as a set-up. Looking forward to this.

For something from Studio Pierrot, Sousei no Onmyouji has such amazing fights. It feels like a more shounen version of Noragami. Definitely continuing this, hoping Pierrot not burning it's flames on the first episode....

....why is Ace Attorney so mediocre? It doesn't make sense. It was amazing when I played the game.... is it the pacing? animation? soundtrack? Well the subs are bad, mixing up the english names when the seiyuus are using the Japanese names, but I doubt that's the main problem.... Urgh, I can't drop it until I know why it's so.... average.

23 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Cool. Cooler! Coolest!!

It's like taking the OP MC stereotype and putting it to an everyday highschool life. Combined with a smooth groovy soundtrack and you will get..... what? Haven't you heard? It's Sakamoto.

Bungou Stray Dogs looks fun, but only fun so far. Predictable too but it is only just as a set-up. Looking forward to this.

For something from Studio Pierrot, Sousei no Onmyouji has such amazing fights. It feels like a more shounen version of Noragami. Definitely continuing this, hoping Pierrot not burning it's flames on the first episode....

....why is Ace Attorney so mediocre? It doesn't make sense. It was amazing when I played the game.... is it the pacing? animation? soundtrack? Well the subs are bad, mixing up the english names when the seiyuus are using the Japanese names, but I doubt that's the main problem.... Urgh, I can't drop it until I know why it's so.... average.

My theory is that the adaptation has killed the charm and tension of looking for clues / speaking with people / the duel that's the court.

22 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Unpopular opinions for the win: Sakamoto is shit.

5RXiehO.gif

14 hours ago, Jibril said:

Cool. Cooler! Coolest!!

personally i really have some troubles with the animation, it is just awkward. Its been a long time scince we had animation this bad right from the outset.

Combine that with horrible pacing and you get this mess. The expressions look bland characters go off model and the backgrounds look horrible, this is a series that could really benifit from decent animation quality and decent pacing. without those it will fall flat.

just my opinion though.

Phoenix Wright was awfull...it was rushed and badly planned, lookslike the plan is to cover the enire first game into those 12 episodes which is a nono, the VonKarma case should alone be like 4 episodes so they should'v picked only like 3 cases it would be enough to introduce the characters and have a nice court showdown. They fucked it up! :komari:

On 9/4/2016 at 3:19 PM, Nosebleed said:

Sakamoto desu ga was as perfect as perfection can get.

In a way I wish Sugata did Sakamoto's voice because it would be so fitting and comical, but the VA he got actually does bring out his bishounen vibe even more which is great.

This is a show I'll be excited to tune in every week.

Waifu wars this season are already decided.

Sakamoto isn't only cool, or cooler, he's the COOLEST!!! 

Sousei no Onmyouji episode 2 was kind of... eh...

The fights still look really cool, but that cliché of "and now I make the MC angry so that he powers up and fights" sure is useful to make the plot keep going, but also establishes the MC as a hot-tempered idiot who cannot control itself even before a super obvious provocation. The "twist" presented at the end is not a bad idea, but I do hope they develop it with some taste, and not just for silly laughs.

I'm also really hoping that that the MC truly has some disturbing problem with what happened in the past, cuz if he refuses to fight and all just cuz some shit went down and his power wasn't enough to protect his friends, I'm gonna get pissed off at this series refusing to put any distance between them and unimaginative, boring ideas.

The first two episodes of Netoge really surprised me in a positive way. I expected a cheap and generic fanservice-festival but it has actually nice comedy and interesting character-dynamics. In this overall more than mediocre spring season it might actually be my favourite (though Sakamoto desu ga might surpass it).

I'm gonna bet that all the girls in Netoge will fall for the MC sooner or later. I've also got KonoSuba vibe from it, except it's High school stuff and not an isekai setting.

On 4/13/2016 at 9:53 AM, Jun Inoue said:

Sousei no Onmyouji episode 2 was kind of... eh...

The fights still look really cool, but that cliché of "and now I make the MC angry so that he powers up and fights" sure is useful to make the plot keep going, but also establishes the MC as a hot-tempered idiot who cannot control itself even before a super obvious provocation. The "twist" presented at the end is not a bad idea, but I do hope they develop it with some taste, and not just for silly laughs.

I'm also really hoping that that the MC truly has some disturbing problem with what happened in the past, cuz if he refuses to fight and all just cuz some shit went down and his power wasn't enough to protect his friends, I'm gonna get pissed off at this series refusing to put any distance between them and unimaginative, boring ideas.

I'm 99% sure that's the reason why he doesn't want to fight and it can easily be justified with his age. Honestly I don't expect much than the better-than-expected action scenes.