Spring 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Use this thread to discuss any anime airing during Spring 2016
All other threads made during this time will be merged into this one.

I still haven't started anything since I'm busy, but people were pestering me to  make the thread so, have at it.

2016 Spring anime chart if you haven't seen it yet: http://anichart.net/

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK THEY'RE MAKING A NEW AIKATSU!? WHAT. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN. THE HELL IS THIS TOKYO TV!
Now I gotta catch up on Aikatsu's latest 10 eps. I thought it'd go on forever. :(

So far of what I've watched:

Mayoiga: Eh? Will drop pretty soon...

Usho Tora 2: Solid start to a consistently good series. Damn let's work on the romance plot and I'm sold.

Asterisk 2: So far decent. This was the show that was only ever okay because it was overshadowed by an infinitely better surprisingly similar storied Rakudai no Kishi. However with this start this season and a shit last season of nothing outstanding, it's suddenly looking good.

Endride: What a steaming pile of shit. Dropped

Boku no Hero Academia: Actually not too bad compared to the other crap. Let's see where it goes.

4 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Use this thread to discuss any anime airing during Winter 2016
All other threads made during this time will be merged into this one.

gj copy and paste.

I haven't looked through Spring's lineup much yet, but I'm ready for Asterisk S2, hopefully with more Kirin.

Asterisk s2 - Not exactly the best show but I think I enjoy watching it. The ED is no "Waiting in the Rain" but good enough. 

Looking at the shows this season, would be surprised if I watched any other that this. 

Bones did not disappoint with Boku no Hero. I can't wait to look forward to the epic shounen fights!

...in other news White Fox might save their reputation with Re:Zero because holy cow, a 1 hour first episode special? With THAT much detail in animation? And confirmed to be 2 cour (26 episodes)?? ...Let's see where this train goes. Hopefully to a treasure cave because it's pilot episode sure is awesome and feels like someone took Boku Dake and smash it up with KonoSuba. In a good way.

Oh and edgy. Very edgy.

...It looks like there's always an isekai anime this season nowadays... not that I'm complaining.

So far i have watched:

- Mayoiga: Interesting first episode, gonna keep watching it but it is not the type of anime i usually watch.  

Pan de Peace: Yuri bread, kinda fun but i don't think i'd watch it if it wasn't just 3 minutes long.  

Kuma Miko: Very fun and cute, the ED is awesome, really liking this one.

Looking forward to:

- Flying Witch: Looks like a relaxing and fun SoL, my mot hyped anime of the season.  

- Bakuon: Don't know why i am even looking forward to this one x)  

- Sakamoto desu ga?: Looks very interesting but i have no idea what to expect from this one.

Mayoiga.... that's...a lot of characters. Definitely has a lot of potential. I hope it doesn't becomes a trainwreck. I'll watch it through the end though, just for the OP.

Hm, it seems the key visuals for Mayoiga are already spoilers on their own.

W5lQXbS.jpg

It's that time again it seems and I have my eye on a few shows but have only tried a few thus far;

Mayoiga (or whatever it is): They introduced about 30 characters and I have a pretty good idea of what is about to happen. The feeling of the anime gives me Another vibes (think the director is the same) and despite the huge cast of characters I think it does have potential. I plan to give it 3 episodes and if it can hold my interest for all three episodes then I'll probably stick with it. 

Phoenix Wright: If you've never played/read the games then I highly recommend you read/play those instead. If you are looking for a serious courtroom drama then I recommend you skip this show entirely. If you want to see what happens when video game adaptations are done too well (the first episode was the tutorial case lol) then you might have your anime. If you're a fan you're either gonna hate or love it and if you know nothing about it you'll notice the awkward running animation and poor CGI in places more than anything else. I'm going to stick with it but I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people dislike it.

Re:Zero - Well this was certainly a bit different from the usual and I definitely like the direction the first two episodes headed. Confirmed for 26 episodes as well and it's by White Fox who have shown that they can have some great series on occasion so I'm willing to try it out. It was a good decision to have the beginning of the series start with 2 episodes instead of the usual one because I'm not sure I would have cared all too much after the first episode. It's not the best premise and people who don't like this type of show usually won't find a reason to try and watch this one but for what it seems to be so far it's at least interesting. I'll keep with it.

Kumamiko: Not sure my thoughts on this show yet wasn't really funny but did manage to maintain my interest throughout out the episode.

Pan de Peace: For a less than 4 minute show this was excruciatingly difficult to watch. These type of shows just are not really my thing and this is the first show of the season I am dropping. 

Boku no Hero Academia: Looks fairly typical shounen with nothing really going for it. I'm willing to give it a few more episodes but I'm not expecting much from this. 

Macross Delta (special preview): As with most of the macross anime the preview episode just leaves me confused. The direction this series went with Macross Frontier was hit or miss with most people but I liked that show for the most part. I'll probably watch this...assuming it gets any translators for it.  The Macross series is in a weird bullshit licensing issue and because of that the likelihood of getting an official translation is low...it would be nice if someone does pick it up though (official or fan translation).

Can anyone explain to me the hype for Boku no Hero Academia? Since it was announced, I've seen so many people hyping it up and saying how cool it was they were adapting it, but... dunno, watched the first episode and it was so bland and cliché.

Is some twist on the concept coming? Or what we saw is what we are going to get? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly confused and mildly baffled at it.

9 hours ago, kyrt said:

If you want to see what happens when video game adaptations are done too well (the first episode was the tutorial case lol) then you might have your anime.

That was a sarcastic joke, right?

Re: Zero

Looks like a much less funny konosuba cross with a much bigger budget... Doesn't look too bad, and I'll keep watching but there's something irritating about it. For example, one plot device execution really annoyed me:

The whole travelling back to redo the past when he dies is so brutally obvious it annoys the hell out of me that the protagonist is apparently so fucking stupid that he can't see that's what happened when he figured the whole travelling to another world thing so easily to start with

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

Can anyone explain to me the hype for Boku no Hero Academia? Since it was announced, I've seen so many people hyping it up and saying how cool it was they were adapting it, but... dunno, watched the first episode and it was so bland and cliché.

Is some twist on the concept coming? Or what we saw is what we are going to get? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly confused and mildly baffled at it.

It's biased hype because Boku no Hero's popularity was rising drastically coinciding with the ending of Naruto. A lot of people were searching for new shounen and Boku no Hero got the jackpot. That being said, the story is nothing new, it's just the execution of the story and character developments that hooked everyone in.

Your impression is basically the same as mine when I finished the first chapter of the manga. It's not a masterpiece by far but it's more than your average shounen.

26 minutes ago, Jibril said:

It's biased hype because Boku no Hero's popularity was rising drastically coinciding with the ending of Naruto. A lot of people were searching for new shounen and Boku no Hero got the jackpot. That being said, the story is nothing new, it's just the execution of the story and character developments that hooked everyone in.

Your impression is basically the same as mine when I finished the first chapter of the manga. It's not a masterpiece by far but it's more than your average shounen.

Ah, I see. For a moment I thought we'd see smth innovative like, dunno, the MC trains and gets strong enough to fight the other people while being normal (which would also make quite sense, since most powers look dodgeable and all). I might look a bit more and see what's what, since I usually give anime a chance till episode 3.

Hundred is nothing more than another Infinite Stratos A.K.A your average harem ecchi school life with half-mechas weapon combating mysterious beings.... This shitty anime is.... perfect! I need a mediocre anime to watch this season and it fits the bill.

Phoenix Wright terrible first episode. That being said, its most likely due to the predictable and cliche first case so I can't judge how good this adaptation will be... yet.... The designs are absolutely spot on though.

13 hours ago, Jibril said:

Hundred is nothing more than another Infinite Stratos A.K.A your average harem ecchi school life with half-mechas weapon combating mysterious beings.... This shitty anime is.... perfect! I need a mediocre anime to watch this season and it fits the bill.

Phoenix Wright terrible first episode. That being said, its most likely due to the predictable and cliche first case so I can't judge how good this adaptation will be... yet.... The designs are absolutely spot on though.

FINALLY.

Thought I was the only one who saw how lacking that first episode of Phoenix Wright was, lol. Here's hoping it was just the tutorial being a bit rushed.

18 hours ago, Jibril said:

honestly everything last year but shokugeki no soma and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso was mediocre