Dracu-Riot! Completion Project

Nosebleed

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, I would like to apologize that the first Dracu-Riot! patch's estimate of very roughly two months was not as accurate as it could be, depending upon one's definition of "very roughly."

On the plus side, however, the calendar has now calendated to such an extent that I, while previously having forecast working on translation checking at this time, am now available to work on the other aspects of the project that will need to be completed first and that have been in progress for the past couple months. So, translation and editing/proofreading―whichever requires assistance depending upon which is completed first along with my assistance―will move along more quickly; I should begin with translation, as I now am not quite busy like translator Nosebleed, or quite busy and quite incapacitated like translator Clephas. My assistance accompanies the admirable efforts of Decay, Tiagofvarela, Clephas, Nosebleed, and Aizen-sama whom we've recently recruited for additional proofreading.

We would like to appease you with a patch for Dracu-Riot! in the meantime. This patch does not contain any of our progress, except for the utilization of a program we created that automatically converts Staircase Subs' British English to American English, and that we've also abused to make many desirable additions to the text. The patch furthermore includes some embellishments that will manifest themselves soon after opening the game.

Here you go! http://www.mediafire.com/download/5n1cb960thoixlj/Antwon+Patch.zip

4 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Just an innocent question, why convert British English to American English? 

Realistic answer: Because the only one of us working on the patch who actually uses british english regularly is Tiag and it's not a good idea for us to be working in a version of the language we're not as familiar with. 

umm, is the patch supposed to be a joke?

because the title screen is like this

with snoop lion - smoke the weed as bgm..

Edit : After re-read the whole paragraph again, i finally understand that this is what " The patch furthermore includes some embellishments that will manifest themselves soon after opening the game. " refer to.. however, what about the content? i never touch dracu riot before, and i am not sure about using this patch..

edit 2 : yep, and this is what "abuse to make desirable additions" refer to

3 hours ago, Decay said:

Realistic answer: Because the only one of us working on the patch who actually uses british english regularly is Tiag and it's not a good idea for us to be working in a version of the language we're not as familiar with. 

That makes sense. Thank you for the answer Decay.

11 hours ago, Evenlaist said:

umm, is the patch supposed to be a joke?

because the title screen is like this

with snoop lion - smoke the weed as bgm..

Edit : After re-read the whole paragraph again, i finally understand that this is what " The patch furthermore includes some embellishments that will manifest themselves soon after opening the game. " refer to.. however, what about the content? i never touch dracu riot before, and i am not sure about using this patch..

edit 2 : yep, and this is what "abuse to make desirable additions" refer to

It was a post made by Fiddle. Of course it was a joke :makina:

While it was initially annouced we'd be changing Yuuto's name to Antwon to avoid confusion among the English speaking community, we quickly realized that by itself wouldn't mix well with the rest of the story, thus after a lot of deliberation, we came up with what we believe to be the much superior version of Dracu-riot, which we dubbed Gangsta-riot, that flows nicely and improves upon the original. We hope you enjoy the changes made and look forward to the complete version.

7 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

While it was initially annouced we'd be changing Yuuto's name to Antwon to avoid confusion among the English speaking community, we quickly realized that by itself wouldn't mix well with the rest of the story, thus after a lot of deliberation, we came up with what we believe to be the much superior version of Dracu-riot, which we dubbed Gangsta-riot, that flows nicely and improves upon the original. We hope you enjoy the changes made and look forward to the complete version.

I think you forgot the all-important step of running the script through Gizoogle.net to give a more accurate "gangsta" feel. For example, this is the Dracu-Riot! announcement post, translated into gangsta.

6 hours ago, shadowolf64 said:

Not to be a pest but what is the current status of the translation? On the VNTS it doesn't have a percentage so I  don't know how to live my life. 

Also since I haven't posted in this thread before thank you for finishing the translation on this game! :wub:

It'd be impossible to give a sensible percentage since there's so many layers to the process of this project. The translation is very nearly done, there remain a few routes to be edited, and the proofreading is all over the place but proceeding thoroughly.

23 hours ago, Fiddle said:

It'd be impossible to give a sensible percentage since there's so many layers to the process of this project. The translation is very nearly done, there remain a few routes to be edited, and the proofreading is all over the place but proceeding thoroughly.

Alright thanks for the update!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This patch was released ahead of schedule and without any discussion among the team, possibly in error. It also contains content I was previously informed it would not contain.

I would especially recommend people NOT touch the Azusa route in its current state, as it is lacking an additional pass I would have liked to do for it, contains numerous typos, does not contain most of the stylistic matters that were still being hammered out, and does not reflect the level of quality I had hoped for. I also would have liked to have done some additional light work on elements of the common route, but alas. 

43 minutes ago, Decay said:

This patch was released ahead of schedule and without any discussion among the team, possibly in error. It also contains content I was previously informed it would not contain.

I would especially recommend people NOT touch the Azusa route in its current state, as it is lacking an additional pass I would have liked to do for it, contains numerous typos, does not contain most of the stylistic matters that were still being hammered out, and does not reflect the level of quality I had hoped for. I also would have liked to have done some additional light work on elements of the common route, but alas. 

Thanks for letting us know.

Congratulations for the release of the first patch. Although it's quite late though, but once again it's still preferable compared to 'waiting' Insem release for almost 31 months.

PS - A nitpicking here, you shouldn't said thanks to TiagOfValera here because he already change his name to MrPoltroon. So instead you should said thanks to MrPoltroon instead if you want more up to date. Nevertheless, I still say thanks of course to all of the team member.

I've gotten a couple questions about Dracu-Riot over the last week, and I figure I may as well lay out the basics for that. Wires got crossed, mistakes were made. Things are cool now but it may actually take some time before a proper release happens. We may post a more detailed update at some point on the oxford comma blog, we may not. Things may take a while, or they may not. I legitimately don't even know at this point. I know this isn't much to go on, but that's all I can say because that's all there is to say. Work continues in the meantime. Fun!