Dracu-Riot! Completion Project

Nosebleed

mainArt.jpg

Dracu-Riot! Completion Project

Project Info:

As i said in a previous post, if the Dracu-Riot scripts were released, I will translate Miu's route, and that's exactly what I'm announcing in this thread.

But I'm not alone in this crusade, I've partnered with the wonderful people at The Oxford Comma is Superior Subs so we can deliver the best possible final product and lay the Dracu-Riot memes to rest. We also got several people from the Fuwanovel community to help speed up things even more.

How is the project going to go down, you ask. Well you can read this post if you want detailed info, but the tl;dr version is that we are aiming to release multiple patches.

The first patch aims to translate the remainder of Miu's route as well as any remaining untranslated content (images, menus, etc.) with complete editing to polish the current patch.

We are going to try and release this in about 2 months, if everything goes according to plan.

The second patch is meant to be more heavily translation checked as that's when Fiddle has enough free time to go over the whole game.

There is no ETA for this second patch.

This doesn't mean the first patch will be terrible, we will of course strive for a good product, but we would still like to inform you of our schedule. If we waited for Fiddle to be completely free, it would take much more time to release Miu's route, and so we've decided to do it this way.

I hope you look forward to future updates.

FAQ:

Why not just make a Miu partial patch, why do you want to go over the whole game?
There are actually 3 main reasons for this:

• The first and biggest one is that Insem's patch only works with the physical version of Dracu-Riot! which is very hard to get in the West and we want to make a new patch that works on both the physical and digital versions of the game, this way people can purchase the digital version and patch it, thus supporting Yuzusoft.
  • The second one is that we want to americanize the writing style as well as make sure everything is edited properly, because Insem didn't have time to finish the whole thing.
  • The last one is translation checking. Although we don't doubt Insem's abilities, we really want to try and make sure the translation is accurate. We also want to include translation notes in the game.

Only 2 months? That seems way too fast.
2 months is indeed fast, if we were translating the entire game, but we're actually only translating about 4,000 lines and we're splitting those lines between two main translators, this will hopefully make that 2 month deadline possible.
Please do note we will not jeopardize translation quality for the sake of reaching the deadline. If we can not make it in time, we will delay the release until we're satisfied with the end result.

Will the translation have memes?
Yes, but only the dankest ones.

Why aren't The Oxford Comma people making the announcement here?
So I can get those sweet, sweet internet points.

I want to help!
Contact @Fiddle and beat him in a pipe bag showdown (plaid skirt is mandatory).

26 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

As i said in a previous post, if the Dracu-Riot scripts were released, I will translate Miu's route, and that's exactly what I'm announcing in this thread.

The first patch aims to translate the remainder of Miu's route as well as any remaining untranslated content (images, menus, etc.) with complete editing to polish the current patch.

We are going to try and release this in about 2 months, if everything gos according to plan.

The second patch is meant to be more heavily translation checked as that's when Fiddle has enough free time to go over the whole game.

There is no ETA for this second patch.

I should point out that you promised to translate, you never promised to release that translation. An important distinction you may want to keep in mind ...

Erm, yeah, good luck :) 

2 minutes ago, Rooke said:

I should point out that you promised to translate, you never promised to release that translation. An important distinction you may want to keep in mind ...

Erm, yeah, good luck :) 

I'm already planning how much the ransom money for the translation patch will be!

Well, this is a nice development. I figured that someone would step up to finish the last bit of the game, but I wasn't expecting a collaboration effort like this. Also, going back and editing the rest of the game and translating menus is a nice bonus. 

5 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

You don't get to decide what you do or don't do.

By the way, I'm really happy to announce Clephas will also be joining the team to help translate Miu's route!

No no, please include me. I'll be happy to. :yumiko:

Extremely surprised by Clephas' move, but overjoyed, as well.

EDIT: The hell's @OriginalRen doing as a Translator? Isn't he busy translating Aokana in 5 languages or something? :holo: Did I get the facts straight? :illya:

2 minutes ago, Decay said:

I'm proud to announce that @XReaper is now signed on as our official Bard. Whenever morale is down, XReaper will tell one of his many motivational tales of life in Communist Germany. 

I still remember his bestseller "A Song of Dracu and Meme" 

fufufu i could tell you tales of getting minus-paid for loosing important ready to release scripts due to excessively playing(?) drunk, if this is what you wish for... other than that good luck all & hang in there.

edit: getting the feels of me coming to miss those obligatory dracu-riot-when threads popping out every couple of weeks + follow-up usuage of agent orange against any frail buds of hope, but oh well...

edit2: & when we´re at it reg. busy and whatsnot, the guys from @IGRASILSTUDIO aka bloodychronicles are in search of capable individuals to help them translate jp-eng or other way round, just ask them directly, damn it.

edit3: btw. how come you know about my marx & engels tendencies? scares me abit...