Rewrite 2nd PV + Info

The Striker

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-01/rewrite-anime-2nd-promo-additional-staff-unveiled/.100560

Sad because will have an originnal development, but will have some parts from the VN too, so i have expected this, because the game routes are too individual and too much larger for an anime.

The good point:

The Romeo Tanaka ( Rewrite creator) will create this originnal development so... atleast will be an logic history for rewrite.

The bad:

This is probably an signnal for a 12 episodes anime, atleast in imagination, but if i give a try will be an slipt cour.

Edit: well i have forgot to say, this caracther design its too moe i think...well its only my opinnion.

I remember reading something that strongly implied that the anime would be split into routes with resets, which in my opinion is the only possible way of making a decent Rewrite anime, and if that's true then I seriously doubt it'll be 12 episodes.

The art is definitely nice though

45 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

I remember reading something that strongly implied that the anime would be split into routes with resets, which in my opinion is the only possible way of making a decent Rewrite anime, and if that's true then I seriously doubt it'll be 12 episodes.

The art is definitely nice though

They squeezed the whole Yosuga no Sora into 12 episodes. It didn't have anything like a central plot or a true route, though.

42 minutes ago, Funnerific said:

They squeezed the whole Yosuga no Sora into 12 episodes. It didn't have anything like a central plot or a true route, though.

Well that's kinda important, there's far less plot (and far more plot) in YnS than there is in Rewrite.

5 hours ago, The Striker said:

Sad because will have an originnal development, but will have some parts from the VN too, so i have expected this, because the game routes are too individual and too much larger for an anime.

The crushing news I was expecting but hoping wouldn't come. Not a fan of the art style and my disappointment of what studio that picked it up isn't being improved.

I shall not lose hope in the ability of the creators of this VN. If they truly understand the greatness of Rewrite, they'll do their best to translate its greatness into a good anime. So have hope my friends! ... Have... Hope... 

Spoiler

I just can't stand the idea of my fav VN of all time being made into a shit anime ;-;

Just now, babiker said:

I shall not lose hope in the ability of the creators of this VN. If they truly understand the greatness of Rewrite, they'll do their best to translate its greatness into a good anime. So have hope my friends! ... Have... Hope... 

Hide contents

I just can't stand the idea of my fav VN of all time being made into a shit anime ;-;

Didn't stop Angel Beats and Charlotte from being less than what they could have been.

That was probably the most sensible move they could do tbh, and it's more of a win-win situation imo since :
- Either we get a very good adaptation with the original content, and everyone is happy
- Either we get a bad adaptation, but at least it won't shame (and spoil) the original content as hard as if it was following the source material.

Some additional information from Kazamatsuri :

UPDATE 1: The director of this anime, Motoki Tanaka has tweeted that this adaptation will feature an 'original development' not present in the original visual novel, and so Kai and Romeo Tanaka have been regularly attending script planning meetings to supervise its development. This is surprising news! We are very curious to see just how much they intend deviate from the original story with this adaptation.

UPDATE 2: Dengeki has published more information about the adaptation in two interviews with lead writer of the VN, Romeo Tanaka. The interview reveals that the series was originally planned to be a direct adaptation, but over time the direction shifted toward a more liberal adaptation as original developments were introduced. Tanaka mentions that the early part of the series will closely resemble the original visual novel, but toward the middle of the series it will begin to deviate significantly from the original story. The interview then goes on to talk about the role the lead females will play in the adaptation. Some light spoilers ahead!

It's mentioned that Chihaya's supernatural strength will receive more focus, Akane will be relatively unchanged, Shizuru may appear a little more mature, and Lucia will receive a never-before-seen combat outfit. Tanaka also promises that Kagari will feature a more central role in this adaptation than before, with a more developed personality after their experience writing for her in Harvest festa. Thanks to Facebook user Ulrick Leutz for the news tip!

If they go for an original ending, I at least hope they'll make it 24 episodes. No way they can pull out something that is coherent and not rushed in less than 24 episodes (and also they already have all of the music ready, so that's budget that can be used somewhere else). Also it does seem less likely that we'll end up with butchered heroine routes (who said grisaia?), but again you never know. Well, I'm at least a bit more reassured that Romeo Tanaka participates actively in the directing of the anime, no Maeda = no fucking stupid pacing that ruins the anime (let's face it, the man is horrible at pacing and directing anime).

• 3 weeks later...

Did I just read "Shizuro more mature"?!? Leme at the jerk that decided that!! Also lets not forget how grisia's adaptation ended up. The whole common route was to choppy.

Leme at the dumb sh** messing with Shizuro!! She is the best heroine and just a little tweek would change her greatness. I could take or leave her route though. Chihia's route was the best though.

p.s any news on Gil and Pani?