Planetarian anime

Deep Blue

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Looks confirmed? 

So what exactly is this? I can't read moon runes. It looks like a panel discussing the anime's production?

http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv258008077

It's a live that starts in a few hours to announce stuff about the anime - seiyuu, staff, etc

In the description it's mentioned that animation production will be done by david pro.

New info:

http://planetarian-project.com/

the trailer looks pretty neat and seems to be following the novel very closely,

Spoiler

she talking about crying and the feeling behind it etc, the dude and the things he said about the planetarian and how nobody will visit it again (cant remember his name xD ) the last fight with the building blowing up, yeah you gotta love this trailer with heavy spoilers >_>

I can't watch the trailer with sounds at the moment, because I am in class and don't have a headset. :wahaha:

Anyways, it LOOKS very nice, especially Yumemi. This could end up being pretty cool if they manage to pace the story correctly. Is the voice actress for Yumemi the same as in the VN?

5 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I can't watch the trailer with sounds at the moment, because I am in class and don't have a headset. :wahaha:

Anyways, it LOOKS very nice, especially Yumemi. This could end up being pretty cool if they manage to pace the story correctly. Is the voice actress for Yumemi the same as in the VN?

yep same voice actress

Funny how you all like the trailer. I was pretty alienated by it, to be honest, because it doesn't resemble the feeling I had while reading the VN.

It looks to me like they try to make a generic emotional melodrama out of it. Planetarian however, in my opinion, was so good because it didn't try to do this (at least not until the end and even there I could kinda forgive it for this because it was earned).

If I must said, according to the trailer it was quite good. But since the VN was short maybe it'll be in 1 hour OVA or something like that? And they also got Daisuke Ono back here to voicing the junker (And he was quite handsome), and apparently there was also the scene from Drama CD iirc.

5 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

Funny how you all like the trailer. I was pretty alienated by it, to be honest, because it doesn't resemble the feeling I had while reading the VN.

It looks to me like they try to make a generic emotional melodrama out of it. Planetarian however, in my opinion, was so good because it didn't try to do this (at least not until the end and even there I could kinda forgive it for this because it was earned).

well it's hard to judge that from the trailer, they compressed the whole story including the ending with it, you should give it a chance :P 

• 1 month later...

More news! http://kazamatsuri.org/planetarian-anime-preview-and-more/

Oh god that ED, I get the idea behind it but I'm starting to think @Nosebleed was right, it really won't work as an anime, at least not the way it did as a vn. 

We're probably going to have to live with the fact that the anime is going to be a completely different beast and hope that it'll at least be good in it's own way

The fact that it ended up not being just a movie is already a bad sign, but that preview clearly showws they intend to stray off the original story and add extra elements (which, granted, makes sense since this is an anime and needs more stuff happening on screen). Seriously though what do they plan to do with a web series and a movie?

I'm still hoping they'll keep the bulk of the original story (ending included) and it'll somehow work, but my opinion on "all VN adaptations are sub par" has never been wavered so far (and no, neither Clannad or Steins;Gate changed it) so I won't be having many expectations for this.

The staff involved also doesn't get me that hopeful.

6 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

The fact that it ended up not being just a movie is already a bad sign, but that preview clearly showws they intend to stray off the original story and add extra elements (which, granted, makes sense since this is an anime and needs more stuff happening on screen). Seriously though what do they plan to do with a web series and a movie?

I'm still hoping they'll keep the bulk of the original story (ending included) and it'll somehow work, but my opinion on "all VN adaptations are sub par" has never been wavered so far (and no, neither Clannad or Steins;Gate changed it) so I won't be having many expectations for this.

I wouldn't say they're adding extra elements, so much as showing elements that were just implied in the original, but yeah.

Thinking about it though, the original had crucial elements that are simply impossible to adapt, so it kinda makes sense that they wouldn't try to adapt it very faithfully, and choose to make something that works on it's own instead

8 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

As much as my logical brain agrees with all this, I think there's just something about how making an already awesome story an even more multisensory experience, with proper animation, that makes it even more awesome. I'm particularly interested in how they're going to adapt the storyline: and as long as they don't try to cram in too many unresolved plotholes *ahemCharlotteahem*, I think I will be able to enjoy the ride!

PS: I didn't really enjoy the Steins;Gate anime either :<

• 1 month later...

Holy shit, I actually enjoyed the first episode. 

I'm not experienced enough to judge the adaptation quality, but they really nailed that Planetarian vibe. Even the ED kinda worked 

My hype has been rekindled

It better not be snuffed out, you hear me? :saber:

@Nosebleed What do you think?