Angel Beats English Translation Discussion

On 5/22/2016 at 10:10 PM, Arcadeotic said:

Usually with emailing, unless there's something they specify on contacting them

Also, I can just update this thread when the patch launches, so there isn't any need for a new thread

You won't need to. I'll create a thread on both Fuwanovel and Reddit when I finish the partial patch. Thanks for everything you've done.

On 22/05/2016 at 3:54 PM, Arcadeotic said:

Final update, in all likelihood

So, the team behind the translation has decided to edit their progress thus far and are preparing to release the patch, which will cover little over half, or around 44 percent of the VN

That's that, folks

There probably won't be any more updates regarding the fan project, so this will be changed to the official translation and discussion thread

Good riddance, and until we meet again.

Translation aside, I have another important issue to bring up:

Definition of "Half" and Definition of "Over". Discuss.

1 hour ago, Natsume Kyousuke said:

I'm going to finish day 7 of the scene and create the patch. I forgot to mention your name in the thank yous. Sorry about that. Thank you for creating the wordwrap patch, you've done heaps for us.

Lol don't worry about it, you don't need to include me. I do it for fun, not for thanks. :P

Still couldn't figure out the script system though, easily the most advanced I've ever seen.

On 5/22/2016 at 11:08 AM, Ziztark said:

If anything we'll just make a thread about the patch when we have it ready. Other than that yeah, probably the last update.

Just one favor, if anyone knows, how do people usually get in touch with these companies to talk about the translation? (as in, some fan TL groups have sold/worked on the official TL).

No offense, but I'm not sure they'd be interested. The translator admits to not knowing Japanese very well (and practically not at all at the start of the project), right? I think trying to charge money for that would be unethical at best.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

No offense, but I'm not sure they'd be interested. The translator admits to not knowing Japanese very well (and practically not at all at the start of the project), right? I think trying to charge money for that would be unethical at best.

Besides, didn't key announce that they already translated about 50% of the game? That would cover more than the current fan translation, so it might be a futile effort either way.

8 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Besides, didn't key announce that they already translated about 50% of the game? That would cover more than the current fan translation, so it might be a futile effort either way.

Sadly so

The chances of even Key answering back are minuscule at best, nevermind actually using the fan translation

I think the best course of action is to just release the half-done patch and be done with it

9 hours ago, Decay said:

Oh, I didn't really mean it like that, just kind of a last shot in the dark to see if somehow the work we had could be used in some way. As a sort of consolation, I guess. Besides, it's not my project to try and sell or anything, the announcement just kinda threw me off.

Anyway, like Arcadeotic suggests, we'll just finish up what we have and call it a day.