Angel Beats English Translation Discussion

This has been a known subject in a certain VN community for a while, but I think now is the right time for this place to know about it.

Here's the deal: the translator of Angel Beats TL project just posted a video showing proof of that this translation isn't a complete lie, and this has been going on for 2-2,5 moths by my rough estimate.

Here's the video

The translator also posted a survey on if the audience wants honorifics to be present in the translation, and about a partial patch and on what route it may be on: http://goo.gl/forms/IvT6fM4cpQ

Here's the progress thus far, albeit in a little more peculiar form, but it's there nontheless: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hNQ-u36mto5xgYT_zPGikLGbu95XwrF5fx9m0KnGJac/edit#gid=0

I'll try to update this thread always when a new TL update comes around

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Sweet baby jesus if this is true I am so hyped :miyako:

All we need now is for the Dracu-Riot! scripts to actually be released tomorrow and this has been a good week :makina:

Good luck with that. :makina:

I wish the guy luck on the translation. Even if this isn't in my top 10 most wanted VNs, I'll still give it a chance.

Update time: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hNQ-u36mto5xgYT_zPGikLGbu95XwrF5fx9m0KnGJac/edit#gid=0

Before I start, I want to give huge thanks to people who answered the survey(474 replies. Thank you so much) and supported and gave tips to me on the demo video. Your input helped our team have some serious discussions. This week was quite a ride. Excluding the demo video and the survey I held, I translated quite a bit of day 7, currently at 8483 lines(40%), did a semi-complete overhaul of day0. 

Also, we're currently looking for a hacker to do two things, at least for now.

1. Modifying the SiglusEngine so that it does the wordwrap on its own, just like what Amaterasusubs did with Rewrite

2. Tinkering with a file named ef_iw_letter00.omv. Extremely technical, might need an experienced hacker for this. I honestly have no idea.

I tried getting in contact with the hacker in charge of Rewrite, but there was no response, so this will be my first place to search for hackers. If any of you people are capable of hacking, or know a person who knows how, can you please make yourself known, or introduce me to the person?

Leaving all that behind, thanks for the support this week.

I did make another demo video, what kind of content would you like it to be?

Also, it feels pretty neat to see the project on the main post. I feel like I've accomplished something.

Thanks for your support, and until next time.

On 2016/3/31 at 0:38 PM, Dergonu said:

Sweet baby jesus if this is true I am so hyped :miyako:

All we need now is for the Dracu-Riot! scripts to actually be released tomorrow and this has been a good week :makina:

On 2016/3/31 at 4:18 PM, VirginSmasher said:

Good luck with that. :makina:

I wish the guy luck on the translation. Even if this isn't in my top 10 most wanted VNs, I'll still give it a chance.

HAH! IN YOUR FACE! :holo:

Anyways... Cool to see the translation going smoothly. As for a hacker, maybe @binaryfail could help him out? Couldn't hurt in asking at least.

7 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

HAH! IN YOUR FACE! :holo:

Anyways... Cool to see the translation going smoothly. As for a hacker, maybe @binaryfail could help him out? Couldn't hurt in asking at least.

The thing is, that the chances of the two meeting are rather small, and the guy has his tools in order as seen in the video

If you wan't to suggest it to him, I'll guide you through it on how to contact the TL-er

1 minute ago, Arcadeotic said:

The thing is, that the chances of the two meeting are rather small, and the guy has his tools in order as seen in the video

If you wan't to suggest it to him, I'll guide you through it on how to contact the TL-er

Well, leave that to binaryfail. I mean, he might have 900 projects he is already working on :sacchan:

See if he comes into the thread from being mentioned and see what his answer is. If he is willing to help out, someone can contact the translator and see if they can figure something out.

15 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Also, we're currently looking for a hacker to do two things, at least for now.

1. Modifying the SiglusEngine so that it does the wordwrap on its own, just like what Amaterasusubs did with Rewrite

2. Tinkering with a file named ef_iw_letter00.omv. Extremely technical, might need an experienced hacker for this. I honestly have no idea.

I tried getting in contact with the hacker in charge of Rewrite, but there was no response, so this will be my first place to search for hackers. If any of you people are capable of hacking, or know a person who knows how, can you please make yourself known, or introduce me to the person?

What about this part? :michiru:

Hey, I'm the translator for Angel Beats. First of all, thanks for taking interest, and going out of your way to post this on fuwanovel for me. I honestly had no idea until a mod on fuwa reached out to me via reddit mail. So, just like what I said in yesterday's update, I'm currently desperate for a hacker. You guys are talking about binaryfail, but I have no idea who that is, and if you guys could help me out, that would be extremely thankful. Also, I'm ready to accept any kind of criticism, suggestions, tips, questions, and opinions regarding this project. Again, thanks for taking interest!

15 minutes ago, Natsume Kyousuke said:

Hey, I'm the translator for Angel Beats. First of all, thanks for taking interest, and going out of your way to post this on fuwanovel for me. I honestly had no idea until a mod on fuwa reached out to me via reddit mail. So, just like what I said in yesterday's update, I'm currently desperate for a hacker. You guys are talking about binaryfail, but I have no idea who that is, and if you guys could help me out, that would be extremely thankful. Also, I'm ready to accept any kind of criticism, suggestions, tips, questions, and opinions regarding this project. Again, thanks for taking interest!

Naturally

I'm a regular at r/vns and helping spread the word is what I desired for this project

I will keep posting weekly updates here

Good luck with your project

14 minutes ago, Natsume Kyousuke said:

For starters you could try to PM him here on the forum and explain what you need him for. Maybe he is willing to help you out. Simply go to his profile and click "message."

I think among the users here, he is one of the best when it comes to these things.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/profile/1021-binaryfail/

Best of luck on your project. What I could see in the demo looked nice. :sachi:

Annoyingly I deleted the game a while ago, and have nothing left of it besides my edited exes, and I'm getting errors running them now. Even trying to run a patch I put up before is erroring... How are you running the game right now?

EDIT: Nevermind I found the issue. They changed the decryption keys. Can I get the current ones Natsume Kyousuke? I can't get at them.

EDIT2: I DID IT! FUCK YEAH! Wow that was crazy. I'll look into it again, need to try revert my changes now...

Do you mean you just did the wordwrap? May I have the siglus exe and check it out?

4 hours ago, Kelebek1 said:

Annoyingly I deleted the game a while ago, and have nothing left of it besides my edited exes, and I'm getting errors running them now. Even trying to run a patch I put up before is erroring... How are you running the game right now?

EDIT: Nevermind I found the issue. They changed the decryption keys. Can I get the current ones Natsume Kyousuke? I can't get at them.

EDIT2: I DID IT! FUCK YEAH! Wow that was crazy. I'll look into it again, need to try revert my changes now...

Nah not the word wrapping, I got the decryption keys so I can even run the game, looking at wordwrap now. No promises though. I can't re-crypt the thing though, it's giving me problems, can I have a re-crypted Scene.pck? Otherwise I can't really test it. Only need a few lines at the start changed.