Agobarrier, the writer of shuffle Passed away

Kawasumi

The writer of shuffle and tick-tack! passed away today, I dont know the details and cant find anything about what happened from the tweets I have been seeing, but im gonna post the announcement below.

I know a lot of his stuff wasnt good according to a lot of people, but people like @ChaosRaven seems to have enjoyed his work greatly.

Its always sad to see people go never the less.

Rest in peace.

20160331.jpg

Real shame, esp. if he was (relatively) young. How old was he, if the announcement says?

It wasn't that bad a VN, tbh - nothing "great" but I've definately read worse. There were even a few characters I became invested in, so I would say he succeeded in doing what he wanted to do - draw the reader into his story, and to care about his characters, to one extent or another.

Really sad to hear the news :(. I remember watching the Shuffle anime during college. Back then, I had no idea what VNs were, and I was so young that I did not even recognize the harem genre and pattern. Good or not, the series definitely played a part in a lot of people's entertainment lives, and in the end, no matter what opinions we have, we are all going to the same place. Rest in peace. 

The Shuffle series was quite honestly my childhood and one of my first ever Eroge besides TM stuff, so I'm kind of rattled by this news.. :/

I want to revisit the series at some point for the nostalgia, but now I want to do so also in commemoration to the creator and his wacky fun piece, Shuffle. It was silly/ridiculous and insane as a production, but to the me back then (and maybe even now somewhat) that's what was attractive about Eroge.

Rest in peace.

That's pretty cold, man. Even on just the fact that he most likely had family of some sort means something of value to them was lost. Maybe his VNs weren't world breaking to many (I haven't read those yet) but still, he was a person, and so far as we know a normal person, not a person the world would be better off without, which are few and far between anyway.

As I've stated before I enjoyed Shuffle! for what it was: a simple moege that had a likable enough cast of characters. It was good enough to be entertaining and I hope the guy got to enjoy at least some recognition for it. His creation may not have been gold or even silver standard, but if you ask me there's nothing wrong with bronze. May he rest in peace.

Sad to hear that he passed away. I hope it was at least a peaceful end where you fall asleep in the night and just don't wake up anymore in the morning.

Shuffle was the second VN I read after F/SN, so I do have some nostalgia feelings about it. It was pretty much the grandfather of moeges, just like Kanon was the one for nakiges.

Though my overall fondness for the series has probably more to do with Suzuhira Hiro character designs (especially the one for Tick Tack's Ai) than Agobarriers writing abilities.

Just checked his profile at VNDB and found out that he also one of three writer of Flyable Heart, so any fan of Flyable Heart want to express their sadness here?

For Shuffle, I remember back at 2009 my friends show me 3 VNs. One of them was Shuffle, while the other 2 were Shera My Witch and Kira Kira. And at that time I played and finished Shuffle. I also remembered that I always got stuck at Kaede route when I supposed to go to Primula route. Turn out I need to finish Nerine route first and I still didn't enter Nerine route yet *facepalm*. For now, Shuffle may be bland, but at 2009 I think for English VN community it was accepted as good VN after Mangagamer and JAST (Mainly G-Collection) nukige release. Even though I said it was quite bland, I'll still recommended Shuffle to newcomer in VN, along with To Heart 2 and Katawa Shoujo if they need good and easy story VN. After all, Shuffle was my first non nukige VN, and maybe if I didn't play that I'll never be here.

I think about the death of the author, I said my condolence for his family who left behind and hopefully he'll able to Rest in Peace.