Funniest visual novel you have played?

Dark_blade64

It depends. I think Clannad was the VN which made me laugh more, although some other games have pretty funny moments too. If by funny you mean comedy, Clannad would totally be my choice.

If by funny you mean enjoyable, I could say Umineko, Rewrite, and also Koi Choco. This last one is pretty comedic too.

Also, if you look for "funny how this thing is totally crap and should be burnt", I think Over the Rainbow and Yandere were the funniest :P

I'm gonna say Rin's route in Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia.

But the funniest moment ever was relatively recently in Grisaia. Sadly, it was probably unintentional humor. I was streaming it to one person, and...

Spoiler

I got to one of the scenes where Yuuji is protecting Yumiko from thugs.

One of those thugs had bandaged hands, and I instantly remarked that he must be masturbating a lot, because that's how sophisticated my fucking sense of humor is.

Then the guy attacked, and the game started playing this awfully weird "fap fap fap" sound effect, which almost made me piss my pants.

Then, at the climax of the fight, Yuuji yelled out "HE'S COMING!" and I had to stop for, like, 5 minutes, because I just couldn't do anything but sob and wheeze uncontrollably.

I know it's not funny in retelling. YA HAD TO BE THERE!(TM)

47 minutes ago, Dark_blade64 said:

I was looking into funny stuff, then for some reason of life, my curiosity got the best for me, so I would like to know which visual novel you consider to be the funniest you have ever played who has the most funny scenes. It would be great if you could give an example. :rolleyes:

Evolimit

I say this because Evolimit's humor is just... *snickers*

Of course, over the years I've ran into a lot of VNs with great humor, but I absolutely adore Propeller's humor.

Clannad the whole frienship between tomaya and sunohara is freaking hilarious or how you tease and play pranks on fuuko my god xD

sharin no kuni, kenichi is too damn funny, playing the detective, saying blunt things, like when you start and tell the story about how you fought against that smelly bug xD 

and one hundred lies, there are so many funny scenes in this one, the part when you start speaking in some kind of weird english, or where you play the table race xD

I really laughed a lot with those ones and not just a few times here and there like in steins;gate for example (when you say how ruka looks like a girl but it is a guy)

I'd say Ayakahibito, there was a lot of humor I could like. (not even saying that out of my bias for the game - it's genuinely one of the rare few that made me laugh out loud.) CAn't really think of an example though - it's more how they presented the intended banter~

Clannad and Dengeki Stryker are also good for lulz. Fate/Hollow had a few good parts too - esp. a particular scene involving Rin discovering euro bathroom devices. :sachi:

6pZb7Wo.png?1

8 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

The Fruit of Grisaia common route, no question. I was laughing out loud constantly while reading it. I think it's because I really like the characters (including, perhaps especially, Yuuji), and the way they're played off each other for humor is brilliant.

Can't believe I forgot about Grisaia - so many laughs - Mitcher being the key star, though Sachi had a few good moments (beheads snake :pyaa: )

Edelweiss got some laughs out of me. To tell you the truth, I would have been satisfied if there was a full route dedicated to staying single and hanging out with your bros. Those guys were hilarious -- more than wingmen, they were their own unique characters who made for a great comedic trio.

(To clarify, however, I'm hesitant to claim Edelweiss as a "great visual novel" by that virtue alone. Regarding the focus of the game, the girls themselves, it pretty much fell flat for me.)

For me it's Hatsuyuki Sakura right now.  Even though it's not a pure comedy game, the humor in this vn somehow really fits my style. But I also really enjoyed Grisaia no Kajitsu, Muv-Luv, and Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road in that aspect.

10 hours ago, Clephas said:

Evolimit

I say this because Evolimit's humor is just... *snickers*

Of course, over the years I've ran into a lot of VNs with great humor, but I absolutely adore Propeller's humor.

So you would say Propeller's visual novels have good humor overall? I should give it a try Tokyo Babel when it comes out. :D

I love comedy. One of the main draws to the media, actually. I enjoy many sorts of comedy, although not all. Here are some of my preferred examples - that is, VN's which I recall for the comedy, and not some other aspect:

First, the most recent in memory, the one I'm playing right now:
One Thousand Lies - The characters cannot spend two minutes without spewing something nonsensical, cynical, hyperbolical, or metaphorical, all of these hilarious. In fact, I've been spending the whole VN alternating between laughing out loud and chuckling to myself as I read it.
My favourite moments are when the protagonist slams the door and by doing this locks the apartment owner outside her apartment, which he had broken into, and various moments in the desk-sled race - the ending, specifically. If you haven't read it this makes no sense, but that's fine.

Grisaia no Kajitsu - This VN is one of the most hilarious VN's I have ever read. Much like the one above, I spent the entire common route either laughing or grinning to myself. The main difference is how much content said common route had, well over 10 hours, if not 20 or even 30. I played it too long ago, and can therefore not quote any specific examples by heart.

Steins;Gate - This one wasn't funny the whole way through, it was only funny when it tried and when it did, I laughed. Out loud. Really loud. Examples are Okabe's voice when his logic is shown to have a hole, for instance. He goes from his usual, fake, deep, shouting voice to a really frail one.

Any Key VN besides Rewrite - This may not be completely and entirely true, but I've found that VN's by Key have hilarious common routes. I loved them to bits and they make me laugh every time. Included in this category is also One ~A Radiant Season~ by mostly the same people in a previous company. What I can't include here is Rewrite, because I found that the humour changed. It was... different. Not what I'd call 'Key Comedy'. Examples are just about any stupid exchange the protagonist participates in.

Rewrite - Of course, that doesn't mean it's bad. Hilarious in it's own way is the protagonist's randomness, stubbornness, childishness and many other less than respectable -nesses. Mostly goes away when it gets serious, sadly, but that's pretty much the norm. Example's are interactions with Yoshino and the video in his honour. Interactions with Akane have their own funny charm. Kotori goes along with the protagonist's BS making a wonderful duo. Etc. etc.

Majikoi - Comedy based on an incredibly large cast with diverse personalities and their interactions. Incredibly over the top. There's always some new situation or some new interaction to find, breathing life into the comedy constantly. Iffiest entry on this list because I like it for reasons other than comedy - mostly how it's used to set the tone of the rest of the genres, action and etc.

Sharin no Kuni - Comedy revolves around the protagonist and how his logic patterns may or may not work. While we try to figure him out, we spend most of the time laughing at how he seems entirely bonkers half the time.

My Girlfriend is the President - Different from some other entries in this list in that its main purpose, is, without a doubt, comedy. Key, Grisaia, Steins;Gate and Sharin no Kuni have other things prepared later down the line. Majikoi has too many genre's, though it can be said it keeps a comedic tone. My Girlfriend is the President, however, is not only a kind of parody, it never leaves the completely comedic tone all the way through. The dramatic sections are anything but, focusing instead on making it hilarious.

Rance Games - These ones also keep a comedic tone, depending on whether or not you can believe that rape can have a light-hearted tone. The protagonist's stubbornness, lecherousness and  self-importance, as well as the beyond wacky characters, all coupled with fully fleshed gameplay make for a distinctly comedic gameplay title.

Just now, Funyarinpa said:

planetarian

Reveal hidden contents

april fucking fools finished it five minutes ago ;____________________________________________________________________________________;

RIP. 

For me it has to be Majikoi, hands down. 

Each one of the characters has their own hilarious personality that makes spending more than 5 minutes in the game without laughing quite a feat. 

One thing I loved was that it´s not just the main characters, but the big supportive cast also has some brilliant characters. Like:

b9b61d2c8fdc.jpg

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

RIP. 

For me it has to be Majikoi, hands down. 

Each one of the characters has their own hilarious personality that makes spending more than 5 minutes in the game without laughing quite a feat. 

One thing I loved was that it´s not just the main characters, but the big supportive cast also has some brilliant characters. Like:

b9b61d2c8fdc.jpg

Lol brilliant quote, that baldie face reminds me of saitama from One Punch Man! :D

Seiiki series, Noratoto, Hatsusaku + Karumaruka combo, Yomeyaba Nanaka's memes :SmallKappa:

Spoiler

『Gの次にはHがあり、Hの次にはIがあるのよ』
『ほらっ、聞いたことあるシモネタだよ! 名言じゃなくて迷言だったよ! 自慰の次にエッチがあって、最後に愛があるって言いたいんだろ!』
『早まらないで、まだ続きがあるわ。Iの次にはJがあって、Jの次にはKがあるのよ』
『……JとKって、なんだ? 女子校生?』
『違うわよ。Jはジェラシー、つまり嫉妬ね』
『そしてKはキル、つまり殺戮を意味するの』
『愛のあとに嫉妬して殺しちゃってるよ! ヤンデレじゃねえか!』
『だけどKのあとには、Lがある。最後にはやっぱり、LOVEが待っているのよ』
『な、なるほど』
『そしてLのあとにはMに堕ちることになるの』
『ラブで最後じゃなかったのかよ! 台無しじゃねえか!』