HunieCam Studio Hype and Discussion (Released!)

Nosebleed

49 minutes ago, Valmore said:

You lost me at had to click 50 times to get the $50 you earn... that's gotta be changed.

You can hold the mouse button and it'll automatically collect, it's just that individually clicking is slightly faster. 

You can also click or hold your cursor on a building to speed up the girls' work.

This is clearly an intended game mechanic since if you don't collect the money you don't have money to pay the girls. You also have to collect everything else like style points, talent points, alcohol, etc.

There's upgrades that make this task easier, like one where buildings automatically collect stuff (but it's only valuable after 1 or 2 upgrades) or where instead of just getting 1 thing per click you get more.

I think the reason this is implemented is so you don't spend the whole time just farming the girls, that would make the game much easier.

4 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

What I'm kind of curious is whether or not you get some CGs at the end of the 21 days.  Guess there's only one way to find out.

I'd be rather disappointed if there was no tangible rewards.

Spoiler

You get tokens to unlock additional hair/clothing styles. When you unlock all styles for a specific girl, you get a CG with that girl. I don't know if there's more than one CG per girl, but I assume there isn't.

I think you only forgot to mention one thing in your list of mechanics, that being advertising to exchange money for more fans.

I'm not sure whether it's not mentioned in the tutorial or whether I just missed it, but your high score at the end is based on the number of fans you have, rather than the amount of money you made. It doesn't make that big of a difference in how you approach things since you need fans to get more money and money for pretty much everything, anyway, except for the last few days, where you'll want to focus on photo shoots rather than cam shows.

All in all, pretty nice little game. Probably not something you'd sink hundreds of hours into, but considering the price, I think it's quite good. Although I definitely wouldn't put it anywhere near as high as HuniePop. Would have been great if they managed to fit some more dialogue in there somewhere.

Thanks for clarifying, and I don't think I came across that mechanic yet, probably need to explore the game a little more. And really? Just that as a reward? Kinda underwhelming given that HuniePop gave you 4 CGs.

At least it was cheaper than HuniePop, but definitely not as good considering it's literally JUST a management game. A polished management game I might add, but not one you'd play for hours on end given its limited amount of stuff to do.

I'll try and finish a playthrough tomorrow or something and then later replay for maximum efficiency, maybe even Stream it.

Hm, I don't think i'll be picking this one up. Seems like on top of the removal of nudity, the rewards you get for the game seem pretty awful, especially in comparison to HuniePop. I did like the dialogue though, seemed pretty funny. But aside from that, I see no reason to play this unless you really like management games and the subject matter. Really hope the game does well, but I also hope they do something like HuniePop for their next game. I'd love to see them do an RPG next, since crossing lewdness with different game genres seems to be their thing 

I am definitely going to be passing on this...I abhor the art style and while I thought I might come around by release I was wrong. Hopefully they do Huniepop 2 (keeping everything that made it great) or they try a different genre for a lewd game. 

So it seems that Twitch has banned the game on their streaming service. I don't know why, especially since Twitch has glorified cam girls that are partnered, and they allow other games with nudity in them to be streamed (keeping in mind HunieCam has NO nudity). I think Twitch just hates anime.

Twitch has been known for its complete lack of standards when it comes to banning games, it's essentially a "we don't like this, let's ban it".

It got really bad after the whole Hatred """controversy""".

You can still stream it on Youtube and Hitbox, which really makes you wonder why it's banned on Twitch.

On 3/30/2016 at 4:23 PM, Rooke said:

Loved Huniepop, but I'm giving this one a miss.

Wait... What? Huh? *looks around*

Huh? 

I don't like the art in the trailer for this one at all, sadly. I do appreciate the boldness though.