you can delete it

Hi ;)

I don't often sing up to forums but FuwalNovel helped me a lot :sachi:

So, we're a french team and we're tanslating some BL games : Togainu no Chi, DMMD, Sleepover, Bacchikoi, Omerta, ... some of them are already done.

But if i come here today it's because we're losing too much time with big projects like Togainu no Chi, DMMD, ...

The engine of those game doesn't accept our french specials chars (é, è, à, ç, ù, « », ...) due the SHIFT-JIS. We tried to encode the scripts in UTF-8 but it doesn't run after. And we don't even know how to compile the scripts. I can extract but that's all i can do with those engine...

So, to make those games in French, we wanted to make them with Ren'py, it means to re-make the whole game in Ren'py... It takes so much time... If i'm here it's to try to find someone who knows how we can do to use those chars. I know it's possible to replace those chars in the font (ie : ☆ = é) but i don't like this solution because our scripts will look like : "J'ai aim☆" it too weird x)

A french guy has done Saya no Uta (it's quite the same engine for Togainu no Chi and DMMD) in 2010 but his website is down and i found an email address but i'm always waiting for an answer since 2012 ;)

Yes... I'm trying to find a solution since 2012... :(

Thank you in advance !

Edited by Pierrou

I'm back to tell you that I found a solution, but it only works for DRAMAtical Murder (and Lamento, Sweet Pool).

Those games can be extracted (and compiled so) with NIPA (https://github.com/Wilhansen/nipa). So, as i said, it's possible do translate the scripts and replace our special french chars with SHIFT-JIS chars (ie : ☆ = é) and after that, copy our french chars in the font file.
A spanish team (they have specials chars too) did it. So i know it works ;)

But for Togainu no Chi... NIPA can't be used :/

• 1 month later...