Dracu-Riot!

Hey guys, sorry if i'm asking this on a wrong board, but what happened with the Dracu-Riot! translation?
It is a good VN, great graphics and a nice plot, totally worth a 100% translation, so, what happened? 
I have a nice patch with 2 routes translated from 2012, but i can't understand why the project got stopped

0SLcIyf.jpg 

One Mr. Insemination, Lord of Escalator Subs or something of that nature, exhibited great progress in his undertaking of this translation (which some sources that I cannot name say went from Chinese to English), and in a spree of unlimited magnanimity, even went so far as to bestow upon us the partial patch of which you spoke. Thereafter he endeavored to translate some other routes, and, as it would appear, completed all but that of one Mr. Miu. Presumably, Mr. Insemination then came to the prompt realization that Mr. Miu does, in fact, hold fascist inclinations, and thus decided that it would act against the interest of his people to disseminate this particular aspect of the production. However, the other routes remained complete according to the progress page, and after a period of prolonged unrest, he announced that these would be made available to the public on one Mr. April 1st of 2016, in the year of our one Mr. Lord Jesus. Thus, it would seem that you have only a few days to wait to see whether the truth of his proclamation shall manifest itself.

1 minute ago, SenpaiFingers said:

Can't a new team pick the project and do it for real? 

They can, sure, but why should they pick Dracu-Riot over the million other VNs out there?

However, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a group out there who actually picks this up and gives it a serious go, eventually.

49 minutes ago, SenpaiFingers said:

Can't a new team pick the project and do it for real? 

46 minutes ago, Decay said:

They can, sure, but why should they pick Dracu-Riot over the million other VNs out there?

However, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a group out there who actually picks this up and gives it a serious go, eventually.

There are definitely people interested in doing it, but the fact that Insem might be hogging 80% of the fully translated VN is simply discouraging people from picking it up. 

I mean think about it; a translation takes time (at least a year I'd guess). So what if Insem did release it in that time frame? Everything the new group would've done up to that point would be rendered pointless (save for Miu).

However, that will probably have an end soon. If nothing happens on April 1st, that'd pretty much be the needed proof, that these held back scripts don't exist and people could finally work without worrying.

8 minutes ago, Satsuki said:

Welp, I would have forgotten about this April 1st thingy if this topic did not remind me. Just a few days left, let's see if it's just a troll, as expected, or he will be serious for once.

Pretty sure its not a troll ... :makina:

... the routes aren't so long that it would take more than a month or two for a decent fantranslator... but the question is whether anyone will bother.  They are longer than the average charage route though. If it was just Miu's route, I suspect someone will go ahead and finish it up eventually.  However, if he is just fudging, then it will probably be years or never.

4 hours ago, Fiddle said:

One Mr. Insemination, Lord of Escalator Subs or something of that nature, exhibited great progress in his undertaking of this translation (which some sources that I cannot name say went from Chinese to English), and in a spree of unlimited magnanimity, even went so far as to bestow upon us the partial patch of which you spoke. Thereafter he endeavored to translate some other routes, and, as it would appear, completed all but that of one Mr. Miu. Presumably, Mr. Insemination then came to the prompt realization that Mr. Miu does, in fact, hold fascist inclinations, and thus decided that it would act against the interest of his people to disseminate this particular aspect of the production. However, the other routes remained complete according to the progress page, and after a period of prolonged unrest, he announced that these would be made available to the public on one Mr. April 1st of 2016, in the year of our one Mr. Lord Jesus. Thus, it would seem that you have only a few days to wait to see whether the truth of his proclamation shall manifest itself.

Apology to nazism and facism in VNs? Dear god what are you saying, that's something completely new...next thing you are going to tell me is that they have lolis too :pyaa:

To OP answer, well he stopped because he admit that he got the girlfriend and he was to embarassed to had anime/VN hobby, so he decided to retire (If it's true that he had girlfriend, then he really need to learn from ittaku a lot. 46 years old, had wife and children, and still putting some effort for ToHeart 2 translation project).

Although actually it's quite normal case, but what made people mad was he only release Elina patch while he promised that he would release all translated route (The progress show that all routes other than Miu already translated), and so people of course feel trolled there.

For other translation project, I'd suggest that people should be seriously translating this instead half serious like Aokana 2nd group translation effort (By serious I mean also translating Rio and Azusa route). There was a case in the past when moogy claimed that he'll release his DraKoi patch when Ixrec announce that it'll his next project. Maybe if some group did that, Insem will finally be serious for translating it? Just my thoughts here.

About the game itself, it'll be interesting to have a discussion here of course. But with 3 other routes untranslated, it's still not the time yet. Only time will tell if his promise on April 1st will be true or not. If not, oh well, might as well hoping Miu MT project was finally serious to translating other 2 routes and do manual translation for Miu, since MT was full of controversy and divisive.

I think that's all for now, and sorry if my writing was too blunt there.

If he releases the scripts and they're actually all translated minus Miu's route, I swear I'll temporarily drop my project and translate it just so we can put an end to this meme. Though if this happens I'm sure there'll be many people doing the same thing, in which case fuck that.

17 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

you are not missing anything good, trust me *cough* like anything from yuzusoft *cough*  *cough* average charage*cough* ..now if you change and add some letters and write draculius then you have a good vn :P (And i don't even like vampires or the lore around it)

Omg man, Noble Works is from Yuzusoft and i really think its a great VN

To OP answer, well he stopped because he admit that he got the girlfriend and he was to embarassed to had anime/VN hobby, so he decided to retire

First time i see a girlfriend mess with this kind of hobbie, i mean, what is the big deal? My bride is totally fine with it

It's okay everyone, if Insem trolls the entire world again we can all rest assured knowing that a quality TL formed out of pure hate for selling the game to Sekai Project without any form of Atlas/Google translate will be released for Aokana on April 20th in 5 (that's right 5!) different languages. That's faster than any professionally hired translator I have ever seen in my entire life, let alone a translator of 5 different languages. What an incredible team! :')

17 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

If he releases the scripts and they're actually all translated minus Miu's route, I swear I'll temporarily drop my project and translate it just so we can put an end to this meme. Though if this happens I'm sure there'll be many people doing the same thing, in which case fuck that.

I´m so gonna hold you to this if he actually does release the scripts :makina: 

What's really annoying is how he gets off on this and using Dracu Riot as hostage to feel relevant and overall beating the dead horse for this long

And people'll just keep feeding the hatefuel so he'll never be able naturally fade out of existence like any other failed project would've