The Legend Of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel Discussion Thread

Novel21

the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-stee

The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel for PS3/PS Vita(RPG)

so The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel come out for PS3 and PS Vita in January 29, 2016 and it's very good RPG game to play.

I really love this game very much and enjoy play it very much.

It have very good story, character and sound but the music are not very good.

I love the gameplay in the game very much and you can do much in the game.

My favorite gameplay are Traveling System where you can do various quest and strength your bonds with your classmate.

The part I don't like are it not much voice in the game and the voice suddenly stop during the game, so it's not everytime we hear character voice.

My favorite character are Rean Schwarzer and Alisa Reinford.

The character I don't like are Jusis Albarea since he it's so mean all the time.

so The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel become my favorite game for PS Vita.

That was all for now and I hope somebody join me to discuss about The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel for PS3 and PS Vita, since I want to hear what there think about the game.

Love

Novel21

Cold Steel is an insult to the Kiseki series.
It's everything what's wrong with modern JRPG (self-insert jesus protagonist, bland and painfully one-dimensional moeblob heroines and fucking high school dating sim gameplay) and it has nothing of what made Trails in the Sky so damn good (deep characters, great story, good battle system).

You know why Falcom forced XSeed to localize Cold Steel instead of the other entries in the Kiseki series? Because they thought stupid gaijins want more moeges ... and they were right. (The Japanese actually make fun of us that we unironically like such a kusoge that is Trails of Cold Steel.)

5 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

You know why Falcom forced XSeed to localize Cold Steel instead of the other entries in the Kiseki series? Because they thought stupid gaijins want more moeges ... and they were right. (The Japanese actually make fun of us that we unironically like such a kusoge that is Trails of Cold Steel.)

Well, judging by Japaneses VN sales rankings like Getchu, the Japanese are certainly the last ones that should blame anyone else for wanting moeges...

21 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

Sorry I don't agree with you.

But that it's your option.

No, everything I said are pretty much facts. Which I will show you: :illya:

Rean is Jesus, as you will see in Cold Steel 2. Also, every third NPC tells him how awesome he looks and every single female character has the hots for him. Not to mention his POWERS!!11. How is this not totally a chuunibyou self-insert?
Heroines are one-dimensional copycats of other characters in the Kiseki series. Just look how Alisa tries to be a modern Estelle, but fails because the writer didn't notice that Estelle wasn't such a great character because she was a tsundere, but because she was well-written and human. Nothing like Alisa which is designed after "How to make Tsundere 101". And if the characters are not copycats, they are simply just bland, designed after "How to make [stereotype] 101".
And the Persona 3/4 pandering is pretty obvious.

XSeed themselves acknowledged that Falcom wanted them to release Cold Steel before any of the other entries of the series (3rd, Zero, Ao) although it's retarded because Cold Steel spoilers everything else. But Cold Steel is heavy pandering, so Falcom thought gaijins will like that. And they were right.
And that the Japanese think that Cold Steel is a kusoge and gaijins are pretty dumb for liking it when they could also play Trails in the Sky you can see here.

12 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

No, everything I said are pretty much facts. Which I will show you: :illya:

Rean is Jesus, as you will see in Cold Steel 2. Also, every third NPC tells him how awesome he looks and every single female character has the hots for him. Not to mention his POWERS!!11. How is this not totally a chuunibyou self-insert?
Heroines are one-dimensional copycats of other characters in the Kiseki series. Just look how Alisa tries to be a modern Estelle, but fails because the writer didn't notice that Estelle wasn't such a great character because she was a tsundere, but because she was well-written and human. Nothing like Alisa which is designed after "How to make Tsundere 101". And if the characters are not copycats, they are simply just bland, designed after "How to make [stereotype] 101".
And the Persona 3/4 pandering is pretty obvious.

XSeed themselves acknowledged that Falcom wanted them to release Cold Steel before any of the other entries of the series (3rd, Zero, Ao) although it's retarded because Cold Steel spoilers everything else. But Cold Steel is heavy pandering, so Falcom thought gaijins will like that. And they were right.
And that the Japanese think that Cold Steel is a kusoge and gaijins are pretty dumb for liking it when they could also play Trails in the Sky you can see here.

Who pissed in your grits? If people like it, let em like it. Jeez

7 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Nah you arent discussing. Youre insulting those who enjoy the game. Leave out all your gaijen shit talking and you'd be perfectly fine :P

I'm not shittalking gaijins. Why should I? I'm a gaijin myself. I'm just telling you what the Japanese think, and I think that's quite interesting.

And also, I'm not insulting anyone who enjoys this game. I think it's a decent RPG. I can see why people enjoy it.
My point is another: Cold Steel is a huge disappointment compared to every other entry in the Kiseki series. (That's even the first sentence I wrote in this thread.)
It's a bland copycat without a soul on its own. It tries to use the Kiseki formula, but ultimately fails to include its heart too because it's too busy pandering to a different audience than the one which once made the Kiseki series so popular.

4 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

It's everything what's wrong with modern JRPG (self-insert jesus protagonist, bland and painfully one-dimensional moeblob heroines and fucking high school dating sim gameplay) and it has nothing of what made Trails in the Sky so damn good (deep characters, great story, good battle system).

Great characters and story, dated and basic battle system though. JRPGs don't excel in the battle portion of an RPG, which wasn't really an issue in the past, but with advances in technology is an issue these days. It's one of the things they'll need to figure out but I doubt they will.

I actually haven't played Trails of Cold Steel yet, I lent it to my sister and have yet to get it back (she's enjoying it that much.) She's looking forward to number 2 a lot. But we already got Trails in the Sky 1 and 2, and we got a nice PC version of them with improved translations, so I'm not too upset the other games in the series hasn't been licensed. It's one of the things you have to tolerate with localisations.

Dating sim gameplay is fine as long as its done well, can't really comment on anything else, but I look forward to playing it :) ... someday.

• 2 months later...

Confession: When you made this thread, I was like, "aight, I'm totally gonna play Cold Steel now" 

2 months later ._.

Anyways I responded to your quote in red.

On 3/28/2016 at 9:07 AM, Novel21 said:

the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-stee

The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel for PS3/PS Vita(RPG)

so The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel come out for PS3 and PS Vita in January 29, 2016 and it's very good RPG game to play.

I really love this game very much and enjoy play it very much.

YES!

It have very good story, character and sound but the music are not very good.

YES, YES, YES, and WHAAAT? I think the music's above average- the standard battle BGM is pretty catchy (or maybe I just like piano's....)

I love the gameplay in the game very much and you can do much in the game.

Mhmmm

My favorite gameplay are Traveling System where you can do various quest and strength your bonds with your classmate.

Ya. I'm guilty of trying to bond with Alisa any chance I can btw :sachi: 

The part I don't like are it not much voice in the game and the voice suddenly stop during the game, so it's not everytime we hear character voice.

Seriously... even some scenes it would be 90% unspoken, then out of nowhere you get only one line is spoken. Were they too cheap to voice everything?!@#

Supposedly Cold Steel II will improve on that

My favorite character are Rean Schwarzer and Alisa Reinford.

:heart::wub::kosame::wub::heart:

The character I don't like are Jusis Albarea since he it's so mean all the time.

He is, but I think Machias is even worse with his closeminded hatred of nobles

so The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel become my favorite game for PS Vita.

It's a pretty swell SoL-oriented school/fantasy JRPG, indeed.

That was all for now and I hope somebody join me to discuss about The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel for PS3 and PS Vita, since I want to hear what there think about the game.

YEEEEEEEE

Bought this game moths ago but never play it due to dub.

But since i have nothing to do except studying for my final exams, I decided to play this again starting from the beginning :P

Worst come to worst, I'll turn off the voice if i can't tolerate the Dub :sachi: 

On 6/7/2016 at 1:10 AM, Jade said:

Bought this game moths ago but never play it due to dub.

But since i have nothing to do except studying for my final exams, I decided to play this again starting from the beginning :P

Worst come to worst, I'll turn off the voice if i can't tolerate the Dub :sachi: 

The dub's actually decent-to-good, like you should be able to get "used" to it after like an hour or a day of playing; at first I found it cringeworthy too 'cos I am super elitist JP-only-voice purist connoisseur, but yeah, decent-to-good

..But I'm still guilty of wishing I could hear Alisa's JP voice instead every now and then >:c

Currently on chapter...4 it think? And so far i'm liking this game.

53 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

The dub's actually decent-to-good, like you should be able to get "used" to it after like an hour or a day of playing; at first I found it cringeworthy too 'cos I am super elitist JP-only-voice purist connoisseur, but yeah, decent-to-good

..But I'm still guilty of wishing I could hear Alisa's JP voice instead every now and then >:c

Yeah except for the voice when the character supposed to be surprised or something, I gradually getting used to hearing the dub.

So far the Character i getting the most 'meh' impression is probably Alisa. Her tsundere-ish character get boring after a while :P

....she's not the designated heroine is she? :vinty:

I prefer Laura :sachi:

1 minute ago, Jade said:

Currently on chapter...4 it think? And so far i'm liking this game.

Yeah except for the voice when the character supposed to be surprised or something, I gradually getting used to hearing the dub.

So far the Character i getting the most 'meh' impression is probably Alisa. Her tsundere-ish character get boring after a while :P

....she's not the designated heroine is she? :vinty:

I prefer Laura :sachi:

Chapter 4? You're farther than me then!!! >:c

Alisa really is "meh" indeed honestly, she's a generic tsun-tsun who has nothing on Ar Nosurge's Cas, and her problems with her mum and the maid seem soooo first-world problems :P, but I'm still biased soo :heart: :ph34r: 

Laura's great indeed. Right now though it seems she has problems with Fie, so I'll see how that turns out....

21 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Chapter 4? You're farther than me then!!! >:c

Alisa really is "meh" indeed honestly, she's a generic tsun-tsun who has nothing on Ar Nosurge's Cas, and her problems with her mum and the maid seem soooo first-world problems :P, but I'm still biased soo :heart: :ph34r: 

Laura's great indeed. Right now though it seems she has problems with Fie, so I'll see how that turns out....

Considering i only play this game for 3 days now.....you're slow Eclipsed :holo:

Well the difference between Alisa and Cas is that we already know Cas is in love with Delta, while Alisa seems to be tsundere because of an past event where she already admitted that it was her own fault in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Jade said:

Considering i only play this game for 3 days now.....you're slow Eclipsed :holo:

I am :vinty:

Lately I can't binge anything anymore, can only commit couple hours at most then I have to go do something else.

I would kill soo many of my VN/Anime/Game backlogs if I could!

~~

Btw, what's your favorite party setup?

Mine's Rean + Alisa + Emma + Laura, and support Machias + Jusis. 

16 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Btw, what's your favorite party setup?

Mine's Rean + Alisa + Emma + Laura, and support Machias + Jusis. 

Ehhh don't have my favorite party yet, but so far it's probably Rean + Laura + Fie + Machias and Support Emma + Alisa

I'm happy at my thread got so many reply and become populær, I didn't expert that when I made this thread, since I only made this thread for fun and have something to disscuss about:D

I'm happy at many enjoy playing The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel, It such amazing game, beside bad quilty of dub:D

I hope The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 2 it's much better when it comes to dub^_^