Mr. Poltroon's Celebratory Easter Guess Who Game

Mr Poltroon

I've waited almost a year for this. Finally. I'm sure it'll be glorious.

Now then. This year, I'll celebrate Easter by sharing my genuine and honest opinion of many Fuwanovel members. Mostly those I happen to remember. You can also request it yourself if I don't mention you by default. A fair warning, whilst I don't often think ill of someone, there are some I might. A thousand apologies.

Besides that, I also have a little game (some of you may remember it, I tried it our last year, but due to circumstances, was unable to finish it). I've updated it a little (though most characters are still out of date), and this time I do have the solutions! If you've been pinged in this post, you're probably in there, unless you aren't. Can you find yourself?

Each image represents a member (or two). Can you guess them all?

GUESS WHO:

Spoiler

eJDRPqH.jpgNot everything fits in one little egg.

Anything you say about this must be in spoilers. Many things can be seen as clues, so I'm adamant about this.

Besides that, onwards to opinions. These are in a brainstorm thoughtspill format. Not coherent. Too bad. For you.

OBJECTIVE OPINIONS OF FUWANOVEL PLEBS:

Spoiler

@Nosebleed - You post so often you were just the first guy to come to mind. Someone trustworthy when asking for recommendations. Have actually gotten into some spats with you, causing both of us headaches. I thought of you as kind of evil when the BM program started, your BM's certainly didn't seem to think highly of you, but that later faded. I was also mad at you in the later stages of my being a BM or GM, when you started posting in my threads and ideas, most of the time rebuking them, with reason, which made me mad. Meme poster. Dislike that.

@Rooke - Glorious in every single way. More specifically, sarcasm, metaphors and cunning. You also seems to love chaos whilst trying to keep up the rules or something. Probably closer to my age than most other on this site, unless you really are 90, as the rumours say.

@Lewycool - Mostly neutral on you, although I'll continue to love you for always finding something to complain with whenever something changes on the forum.

@Emi - I'll praise you to eternity. I can say with confidence that if you weren't a BM with me I'd have done bugger all while I was a BM. I have low self-esteem, so you being there helped immensely, however little you may or may not have done. You also have a short fuse, and I'm reallly bad with those. Sorry for pissing you off. Besides that, you're an artist, and I like your drawings. Keep it up.

@OriginalRen - We've had proper talks before. I need to reiterate this first of all, if it seems like I avoid talking to you, it's because I know for a fact vitriol will eventually come out. I can't help it. I don't think you're a bad person, I couldn't care less about you deleting an entire translation and whatnot (though I'd have preferred if you'd rubbed it in the entitled masses' face) and you're really really sensitive. What the hell are you doing on the internet anyway? You tried to do a lot for the community during 2014 and early 2015, then things happened and now you're a joke. Well, you were a joke for a long time, you just became a different kind this year. A less likeable kind. You've also invited me into your TS sometimes after I stopped showing up - I told you then and I'll tell you now: I'll say something stupid and you'll take it the wrong way and then I'll feel bad. It's not good for either of us.

@Kaguya - For a long time you thought you were evil. I thought you couldn't care less about people (I'm still not sure on that). I wondered who in their right mind would make someone like you a moderator. These days I've actually found that you seem to do your job properly, despite your views. Or what you claim are your views, anyway. Never really been fond of you, though my opinion changed this year. Why? First of all, I found out you actually don't hate me, despite what I thought during many of our short conversations. Secondly, you seem to be a good mod, despite everything, and that's good. You usually side with the plebs, which is good, for the plebs and I think that's justice. Justice is justice, and I like justice.

@Monmon - You tried to befriend me, once. Thank you. Didn't quite work though. Not sure why. Sorry. Otherwise you seem like a decent guy with questionable morals, but on this site, who doesn't have questionable morals?

@sanahtlig- Speaking of questionable morals, I like you. You're rational. You try to pass off a rational image and I like that. I like seeing you arguing. You're like Rooke in that you spare no one and mince no words. That's good. I don't like mincing words either, which is why I just don't talk when it's going to lead to bothersome emotional investment. I sent you a PM once, I regret just about everything I said back then. Dunno what consequences it led to, if any. You also stick to your beliefs. That's great. Keep it up.

@nohman - Haven't seen you in so long. I don't even remember much about you besides that I was fond of your posts, so you have that. Good for you.

@Zenophilious - Rather neutral about you actually. I don't look forward to your posts, but they aren't something I skip on sight, like some others. As a person, I dunno, pretty decent? You really are neutral to me. Feel the love.

@Ryechu - Love you. But it does seem like just about everybody does, you whore. I actually have a gift for you, or had, which I then lost, in compensation for that one review I plan to eventually finish maybe. You're nice, cheerful, and can also be serious. That's about as generic as a compliment can get, but that's all I have, really.

@suikashoujo - Like your singing. That's some amazing stuff. Besides that, I lack the data to form an opinion. Haven't interacted near enough. But anybody who likes Little Busters is a good person in my book. Unlike...

@solidbatman - I hate your reviews. I hope you're keenly aware of that. I don't hate you, just your reviews. You actually seem like a pretty reasonable person, whenever you're not either drunk or mad, which is rare, actually. So you're rarely a reasonable person. Be proud. If I had to say, I like you. Still waiting for your next ban, though. Or you quitting Fuwanovel for good for the 50th time.

@GetterEmperor - I like you. I don't know why, but I do. Do share some of whatever black magic you're using. I'd love some of that. It's just, you seem really genuinely nice, which is rare, on the internet.

@Life - Speaking of good people, I bet most of the normal posters didn't even notice, but I miss you. Welcoming people for over a year, that's dedication! I'm sure the new people joining the site miss you too, you who really contributed to a sense on friendliness in this community.

@Ceris - 'Over 3500 posts? Who the hell are you?' Just about sums it up. I do know who you are, but my opinion's entirely neutral.

@Flutterz - You really do have no life, don't you? I think you're one of the people around here who resembles me the most, at least so far as real life is concerned. That's not a compliment, I'll have you know.  Besides... you're a pretty good troll, I'll give you that, and can get really into things, and reply really fast. As I said, no life.

@Decay - I was aware you existed, yes, but my opinion of you changed when you joined Fuwareviews and the blog. It went from that sort of bitter hater of fun to a less sort of bitter hater of fun. In case you don't understand what I meant, good, I don't either. Either way, I'm more fond of you these, days. I'm sure the dedication you put into this site helps, sure, but I also find myself agreeing with your opinions more often these days.

@krill - Initially I was fond of you, then you apparently hated me while I was a mod and then life happened and now I'm pretty much neutral. You do have some good pictures in the post your desktop pictures thread. Be glad.

@maefdomn - First you went unnoticed, more or less a helpful nice guy. You welcomed me back when I joined so I was fond of you and Aniki right away. Then I'm not sure what happened any more but something blew up and you became a rebel and an outcast. I still don't get why. Usually, you are reasonable, but you seem to hold extremist opinions so you now became the hidden leader of the communist party or something. Besides that, the PM conversations I had with you were some of the ones I enjoyed the most. I'm still fond of you, even if you don't like me much any more. I'm not serious enough, apparently, which is a valid complaint since I refuse to become emotionally invested.

@Aniki - If I became a part of this community at all, it's your fault. Extremely fond of you and your games world domination stratagems. Unfortunate you left, I shall keep waiting for your return. After which I'll finally be able to crush the old regime and set you as the new ruler. Or apparently that's what was decided without my consent. Since I'm a nice person and a gentleman, I'll simply grin and bear it. Rejoice.

@Ezeefreak - Even for the internet, I always found you particularly cute. It shouldn't have come as a surprise that you were a bearded old man with a really deep voice but it did. Why the hell would you have such a cute avatar anyway?

@Zakamutt - You've been really involved with Fuwanovel, but I feel we somehow keep missing each other. Like, I barely know anything about you. Okay, I know who you are, where you live, what's on your closet, but... I still haven't gotten a grasp of you personality, somehow. Besides how lazy you are, and wasn't that to the point of being a disease or something? Anyway, if you're lazy, I like you. You're one of my people.

@Tay - Super nice guy. Super helpful guy. Super dedicated guy. I've got nothing but praise, and a question. Where the bloody hell do you vent your stress? Are you taking it out on somebody? Rooke? I'm sure he can take the punishment. Actually, scratch that, he'd probably deflect it back at you. I saw you get mad once, that was awesome. And then it was permanently deleted, probably from every record on Fuwanovel. And you probably also formatted everything for good measure. I also have various snippets of that one Skype conversation we had. That was also awesome, by the way. Running out of things to call awesome, but you're awesome.

@Nayleen - Now you, I've seen you venting your stress and getting mad plenty of times. I also like your style. You act instead of talking. With a huge banhammer. I like that. Fuwanovel's Iron Fist, probably highly needed. I just dread the day I'm on the receiving end.

@Helvetica Standard - Dedicated BM, nice guy, wants the Dev Boards to succeed, we were allies for a long time, and I generally think favourably of you.

@Rose, @Palas and @Zalor - You're all in the same internal category for me. Thoughtful, logical, reasonable people. Likeable people. It's not easy to be both. I've got no real further opinion, however. 

@havoc - One of the first people I really interacted with via PM. I've always been fond of you since then. And that's about it. You also like Ace Attorney, which makes you obviously superior.

@Eclipsed - My opinion of you changed three times. At the beginning I thought you were nothing more than a spammer. When you became a BM I saw all the effort you were putting into it and really admired you. After a while, much like me, you lost the drive and became this thing you are now. Not too fond of you now, to be honest. That's comparatively speaking, though. I'm still more fond of you than over half the people on this list.

@Fiddle - Favourite member alert. Favourite member alert. You're everything I aspired my internet persona to be. Sadly, it isn't. I'll have to settle with liking you. Hilarious, eloquent, creative, and I'm sure many other things. Still haven't found your flaws, but I will someday. Maybe by bribing @Keisuke? Speaking of that guy, I like him, too. I'll get to finishing Noble Works someday. And when I do, I will find that one flaw you guys missed and rub it in your faces.

@Katatsumuri- One of my favourite members for no particular reason. Refer to GetterEmperor.

@KosakiFag - I remember I used to like you. These days I'm rather neutral. Sorry. But you're still charming, I suppose. When we do talk. Those rare times.

@Kendjin - My favourite mod, until you disappeared. Probably because of that one Aniki game we played as allies. You also always seemed like a tamer version of Nay, so I like you for the same reasons.

@Down - With Kendjin gone, you become my new favourite mod. Not quite sure why. But I've never seen anybody mad at you, even though you're a GM! You must be doing something right, and that something is probably why I like you.

Most of those people are in the egg. Some people in the egg aren't there. This all said, here's the solution, but be sure to at least try first. Even though some are pretty much impossible to guess.

EGG SOLUTION:

Spoiler

aOeoGao.png

Now I'm off to have lunch and realise I forgot something really important. Happy Easter, people!

3 minutes ago, Shikomizue said:

>No opinion of me. I-I thought we bonded by defusing bombs together?!

You weren't on the egg I made last year, and I couldn't really think of how to put you on this one. This made me forget to mention you when writing that thing. I was also rushing, really hard, because of lunch.
I was going to edit you in, but since you just made such a pathetic whine, too bad.

1 hour ago, Tiagofvarela said:

You weren't on the egg I made last year, and I couldn't really think of how to put you on this one. This made me forget to mention you when writing that thing. I was also rushing, really hard, because of lunch.
I was going to edit you in, but since you just made such a pathetic whine, too bad.

:jinpou:

:komari:

It's quite simple, really. Other people are a commodity to me. It's not like I don't care about them (I wouldn't be here if that were the case) - they're tools to increase my happiness. I'd love nothing more than to be able to be perfectly happy while completely alone... But unfortunately, I'm not Hajun.

Nice post. I always kinda liked you, if anything. <3 

I like people that like me.  I'm uneasy when people I like don't like me back.

That's an interesting line of thought that expresses a truth of human nature.  However, it is worth asking: why?  We end up shackling ourselves to the caprice of others.  If the goal is intellectual gain and the pursuit of truth, we should select our companions not by their attitudes toward us but by the value of their companionship.  Often what we need is not someone who will compliment our mistakes, but someone who will point them out and show us the path we hadn't considered.

I revisited that PM.  We had a useful discussion and I don't regret it in the slightest.  If anything, I think we came to an understanding, which is rare on such topics.  I'd rather see you chime in on controversial topics more often than hold your tongue for fear of offending someone.  I like you, but I don't have much interaction with you because you tend to stay in the background in the conversations I participate in.

Tiago only mentioned peeps who were already well known during the Glory Era of Fuwanovel, 2014 - mid2015, where Fuwanovel was brimming with ideas, torrents were still alive, and Ren was successful with his games. Currently we're in the Gentlemen's Agreement Era, where no new things are happening and we're all just trying to get along daybyday best we can.

@my opinion. Pretty much : P

If I didn't become this 'thing' after losing my drive, I'd probably have left the site already.
KdxwkbF.png (100×100)

1 minute ago, Eclipsed said:

Tiago only mentioned peeps who were already well known during the Glory Era of Fuwanovel, 2014 - 2015, where Fuwanovel was brimming with ideas, torrents were still alive, and Ren was successful with his games. Currently we're in the Gentlemen's Agreement Era, where no new things are happening and we're all just trying to get along best we can.

@my opinion. Pretty much : P

If I didn't become this 'thing' after losing my drive, I'd probably have left the site already.
KdxwkbF.png (100×100)

I only mentioned that era because for the rest of 2015/16 I did bugger all, and nothing happened on the site.

16 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I like people that like me.  I'm uneasy when people I like don't like me back.

That's an interesting line of thought that expresses a truth of human nature.  However, it is worth asking: why?  We end up shackling ourselves to the caprice of others.  If the goal is intellectual gain and the pursuit of truth, we should select our companions not by their attitudes toward us but by the value of their companionship.  Often what we need is not someone who will compliment our mistakes, but someone who will point them out and show us the path we hadn't considered.

I revisited that PM.  We had a useful discussion and I don't regret it in the slightest.  If anything, I think we came to an understanding, which is rare on such topics.  I'd rather see you chime in on controversial topics more often than hold your tongue for fear of offending someone.  I like you, but I don't have much interaction with you because you tend to stay in the background in the conversations I participate in.

The only reason I dislike that PM, is how self-important/narcissistic I acted through some of it. I am presumptuous by nature, but in retrospect, I just believe I overdid it there.
Nevertheless, yes, I suppose that was a productive discussion, so far as those go.

3 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

@Flutterz - You really do have no life, don't you? I think you're one of the people around here who resembles me the most, at least so far as real life is concerned. That's not a compliment, I'll have you know.  Besides... you're a pretty good troll, I'll give you that, and can get really into things, and reply really fast. As I said, no life.

You know what they say about one man's trash :Teeku:

love how Flutterz derped his Quote ganking and thus merged Down's comment with his :wafuu: -e: now fixed. party pooper

~~
Agree with Taiga's opinion on various peeps, particularly Decay's rise in the Fuwanovel VN scene, I'm a legit fan of his work. Also Fiddle being a flawless posting god, and Zaka being that one guy that you know is prominent to Fuwa in some way shape or form but it's like where the hell is and what is he doing / barely see the guy