Aokana Translation Progress - 2nd TL Group

Hey everyone!

Fantastic news from the Aokana TL front! The private Facebook group has been working extremely hard to release the game for all of you, and I just wanted to update all of you on their progress:

9v0QJeN.png

A common route on April 20th of 2016 in 5 different languages? Look forward to it! If you'd like to read the game early, feel free to support this amazing group.

In addition, the project leader (who was very upset about seeing the project sold to Sekai Project and seemed to fuel his project out of pure hatred for the one I was running) plans to pitch their TL to sprite:

F0jHERP.png

Good luck guys, and see you on the TL scene!

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:          :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:          :salt:                                            :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

:salt:                                             :salt:                            :salt:          :salt:                                                             :salt:

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:         :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:          :salt:                                                             :salt:

:salt:         :salt:                          :salt:          :salt:                                                              :salt:

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:         :salt:                           :salt:          :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:                          :salt:

Yeaah, unless they are all spending almost every waking moment translating this or have been working on it for a while, I don't see it happening. Well, a quality translation, at least. Will probably end up being some slightly edited machine TL :amane: 

One word to Facebook translation group - Attention Seeker (Oh wait, that's 2 words. Never mind then lol).

I think translating in 5 language was simply will scratching disbelief for the group themselves, unless the group also contained 5 members from different countries with different language (Could the head of the group come here and said it here, to prove himself). Or if we want more joking, maybe what Deep Blue said in regard of language lol. Well, let's see at April 20th to see either the group managed to prove themselves for releasing patch or merely attention seeker for not releasing patch.

It's not exactly hard to translate something into 5 different languages if all you do is copy/paste Japanese text into shitty translation software and then clean up the Engrish into barely passable results, and then feed that back in there and re-translate it into a different language without checking the results.  It's all but guaranteed that that's what they're going to do, considering the time frame they gave.  Literally not possible that they're going to actually translate it themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

i-want-to-believe-x-files.jpg

I do find 5 languages at once to be somewhat unrealistic. However I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. If there is a real translation project going on from Japanese to English, then other people can translate from English to other languages sort of at the same time. Alternatively they sit at the computers at the same time and really do translate into multiple languages at once because they talk about the translation line by line. I see multiple approaches how this might be possible and as long as it isn't proven to be impossible, I will assume it to be true. Assuming false with no evidence would be somewhat offensive if it turns out to be true.

Having said that, I will not wait for the translation to arrive. If it suddenly shows up, then fine. If not, then I just moved on. That's my attitude towards all translation announcements, particularly if I don't know the people doing the translation. There are too many times somebody announced something, which ends up never being released to get really excited over an announcement like this. That's not the current group's fault, more like the general fault of the internet.

Also I do have to say that I started by checking if it was posted on the first of April. 5 languages at once sounds like it could have been.

The fact that they even mentioned five languages means that it's BS, not even accounting for the completion date they set themselves (which is supposed to be September).  TLing something from one language to another isn't that easy and quick when it's the size of a full novel and you're trying to do a good job.  If they aren't going to just put it through some sort of translation software and they really are going to actually translate it into five languages themselves, they'd be morons for doing all that work without being 100% sure that they'd get paid for it.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the chance of them not using Bing (literally the worst) or Google Translate or some other crappy TL software is pretty damn low.  IMO, when something looks this fishy, you should assume that they're lying, because it's too good to be true. 

I got into that Facebook group, and it seems that the guy that said they were TL'ing it has been removed from the group.  His name is greyed out and says, "[name] can't see this post because he is not a member of Visual Novels" when you put the cursor over it.  The plot thickens.