Tokyo Necro Translation Project

アズレ

12 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

I know it's been a while since the video been posted, but since no one responded I wanted to write a few lines.
After watching the first hour my hype for Tokyo Necro has definitely increased further. While zombies are not really my favorite theme, the setting and the atmosphere manages to capture my interest no problem. Half ruined Tokyo only kept alive with those hot pipes, while the world outside sinks in snow is an interesting backdrop. But even the hotel of the first scene managed to bring a unique (and memorable) style with Balinese inspired interior. I also liked the protagonist duo and the distinct way they are portrayed in the prologue. Those ingame rendered cut scenes are also quite interesting. While they don't look as pretty as drawn CGs, they obviously bring a lot more dynamic and action to the table. (Like cut scenes in other videogames basically.) The combination of both certainly is promising. I would say Tokyo Necro leaves a pretty good first impression.

As for your work, I am certainly not the most qualified to give an opinion since my understanding of Japanese very minimal at best and English is not my native language, but as far as I am concerned it looks pretty good. Sure there are some errors and typos here and there but that is to be expected without and editor, and everything was perfectly readable and understandable. My biggest complain would probably be the orange highlighted text. While I liked the color, those passages been somewhat blurry and harder to read, but I don't know if that is a problem with the Video (processing) or maybe even a problem on my end.
I hope you are still motivated for your project, because I would love to read the whole think one day. =)

I'm really glad you enjoyed the demo. Thank you!

Still evaluating some English editors, but will post an update about it soon.

• 1 month later...

might be, but also might be not. better post that one here to let some additional ones know, than to wait and see, maybee whilst being under the impression that he´s already found some, when in reality he hasnt.

Well, I applied myself to be an Editor for this quite some time ago, although I didn't fit the native english speaker thing, so I was kinda rejected.

He must be testing some people though, it's hard to believe that npbody applied for this project still, since the game looks neat.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...