Sprite announces Aokana -ZWEI- (Sequel confirmed)

Nosebleed

Source: http://sprite.org/2016/03/26/id-3311/

I'm putting this in VN discussion for now but basically the website says they're making a follow up "work". It could be a vn, an anime, a movie, etc. But I think it's likely to be a VN.

It's been confirmed it's a sequel.

For those that get 403 Forbidden, here's the page:

O8xlUJm.jpg

Text excerpt:

sprite次回作・蒼の彼方のフォーリズム-ZWEI-を発表しました

本日、AnimeJapan2016 spriteブースにて、sprite次回作・蒼の彼方のフォーリズム-ZWEI-(あおのかなたのふぉーりずむ・つう゛ぁい)を発表いたしました。

2016年初夏詳細発表予定(発売日ではありません)となっておりますので、どうぞよろしくお願い申し上げます。

なお、明日もspriteブースにてあおかなツヴァイ・ティザームービーを放映しておりますので、ぜひご覧下さいませ。

蒼の彼方のフォーリズム-ZWEI-
企画・メインシナリオ:木緒なち
メインシナリオ:渡辺僚一
原画・アートディレクション:鈴森
企画・製作:sprite
その他2016年初夏発表予定

Translation (by me):

Sprite's next work - Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - ZWEI- has been announced.

Today at Anime Japan 2016, Sprite announced their next work at their booth, Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm -ZWEI.
Extra details are scheduled to be revealed in the summer of 2016 (the day it goes on sale will not be announced). Please look forward to it.
Furthermore, tomorrow at the Sprite booth we will have an Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm screening. Please make sure to come by.

Title: Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm -ZWEI-
Planning/Main scenario: Kio Nachi
Main Scenario: Watanabe Ryouichi
Art Director: Suzumori
Producer: Sprite
Further details will be revealed in Summer 2016

I thought it could be a movie too, but the way the staff is listed makes it sound like a game more than anything.

If it were a movie/anime there would probably be an anime studio/producer listed. It would also be mentioned somewhere on the anime site but it's not. It doesn't really make much sense.

There's the possibility of it just being a fandisk, but the name "zwei" ("two" in German) makes that seem unlikely as well.

True enough. I didn't really look at those that closely in the one eyeful I used for this

As it's pretty much established this is a sequel to it, I see a fandisc being unlikely

The cover uses a side character from the original title. I thought it was the sensei, but with closer inspection the two designs do differentiate.

It can be a true sequel, either a continuation of one of the routes like with IroSekai, or a new MC with new heroine(s) and story, although this one is rather unlikely in my opinion.

Then it also could be an alternate scenario with this new girl.

Only time will tell what the accurate procedure is.

Until then, these are my speculations on it

Edited by Arcadeotic
Welp, I'm just screwing up left and right today -.-