Anime Boston and Sakura-Con Speculation and Announcements thread

Decay

24 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

According to rusanon on r/visualnovels, the scene introducing the black-haired loli-train girl involves the protagonist "molesting and stripping her, with nipples being displayed".

Chikan (public molestation) is an integral part of Japanese train culture.

Leyline huh? Not surprised it got snapped up - it had been silent for a long time, actually wrote it off as a abandoned TL. Got zero problems with Sekai buying out fan TLs - I just sure hope anyone that is approached by them is at least walking away satisfied, and don't find out later they got ripped off.

2 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

According to rusanon on r/visualnovels, the scene introducing the black-haired loli-train girl involves the protagonist "molesting and stripping her, with nipples being displayed".  Good luck with all-ages-ifying that without going to MoeNovel levels of censorship.

wot, people told me that there werent any sexual content in the trial lol

So with a new partnership with Unison Shift, that means SP can eventually pick up Flyable Heart and produce a real translation, right? Right?? I know that dumb game is just really dumb and not even close to kamige or anything, but it's still been at the top of my wishlist since I started reading VNs.

About my outburst earlier, I'm sorry to any user here who look forward to BL zombie game. If they want the game to be success, so be it. Actually, I kinda want to said that since the moment I'd read that people wish Sekai failed for Root Double, while I'd looking forward to Root Double translation since 2012. I also understand that Sekai had some major controversy in fund raising too. My outburst was more like the answer for those who want Sekai to be failed in fundraising. Once again, I'm sorry to the user here who looking forward to zombie BL game.

Oh, about 2 new announcement, well it was underwhelming for sure. I mean with first part of the trilogy and one original Indonesia VN, I think couldn't comment much other than Just Desert setting was not in Jakarta actually. Good luck for the release though. As for Tokeijikake, the OP for the first trilogy part was actually quite good though.

Well, I think that's all I could write for.

PS - Oh, if some of you here once again looking forward to BL zombie game, at this moment it's already reach 400 out of 11,500. So it's only 11,100 left in order to fulfill the release. Good luck I suppose, and at least Sekai learn from Root Double almost messy Kickstarter by starting at Indie Go Go, if we want to called Sekai learning from past mistake in fund raising I guess.

Actually talking about Ley Line for a bit, the first game's translation has been practically in a finished state for pretty much a year now. I'd be surprised if it takes longer than a month or two from this point to make it onto Steam. What's left to be done with it? They also started progress on the sequel before they stopped tracking progress entirely, and by this point that may be almost done as well? Hopefully we actually see a fast release schedule for this series. And congrats to Kohaku for actually managing to get paid for this.

~~~

Gonna bump the thread to talk and speculate about the next major convention MangaGamer is attending, Anime Central. According to MangaGamer's announcements page, they've already slotted in two announcements, including a VN from a new partner. Since I was so good at predicting ImoPara 2 (what an amazing prophet I am), I will now bestow upon you all my next prediction: Watashi ga Suki nara "Suki" tte Itte! from ChuableSoft. Remember last July when the president of ChuableSoft was engaging english fans on twitter, asking us what we'd like to see from them? And we basically got him to get in touch with the major VN publishers here? Basically, I'd be surprised if nothing ever came of that, and it's about time for an announcement to be made. I suspect that it may be MG's new partner announcement at Anime Central. Let's wait and see.

edit: Or I guess I'm NOT going to bump this thread. Thanks for nothing, nazi mods. :ren:

6 hours ago, Decay said:

Gonna bump the thread to talk and speculate about the next major convention MangaGamer is attending, Anime Central. According to MangaGamer's announcements page, they've already slotted in two announcements, including a VN from a new partner. Since I was so good at predicting ImoPara 2 (what an amazing prophet I am), I will now bestow upon you all my next prediction: Watashi ga Suki nara "Suki" tte Itte! from ChuableSoft. Remember last July when the president of ChuableSoft was engaging english fans on twitter, asking us what we'd like to see from them? And we basically got him to get in touch with the major VN publishers here? Basically, I'd be surprised if nothing ever came of that, and it's about time for an announcement to be made. I suspect that it may be MG's new partner announcement at Anime Central. Let's wait and see.

NO BUMPING!  :saber:

I'd be really jazzed if ChuableSoft was their new partner.  The president that I talked with on Twitter seemed like a chill dude, and it's nice to see a company actually going out of their way to get their stuff localized.  I know nothing about the average quality of their VNs' writing, but the art is pretty nice-looking, and that can sucker me into checking something out.  Their interest in the west merits a purchase as a reward for their effort, IMO.

19 hours ago, Decay said:

So with a new partnership with Unison Shift, that means SP can eventually pick up Flyable Heart and produce a real translation, right? Right?? I know that dumb game is just really dumb and not even close to kamige or anything, but it's still been at the top of my wishlist since I started reading VNs.

Yo, scenario writers for Flyable Hearts/Ley Line are with you I guess xD

Nice to see positive reactions from them :) Oh, artists also are kinda pumped for "overseas edition"

Looks like Sekai Project is riding on the fame of releasing Clannad ^^'

Example of reactions can be found here :D https://twitter.com/k_bona

46 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

If they're not flat out denying it, one can hope. This has the potential to break the internet.

Its definitely thin ice for them but on the other hand mangagamer also released several title with lolis and nothing happend.

eden* wasn't an eroge to begin wtih, and doesn't sexualize Sion at all, IMO, unless you go to MangaGamer to get the edition with a small amount (I think? I don't have it, just read descriptions) of extra ero content tacked on. I seriously doubt anybody playing the Steam version of the game, without any further context, would view it in any kind of compromising light. It's a pretty far cry from Maitetsu, which from what I'm hearing seems to have a very strong emphasis on the ero content.

Maitetsu doesn't actually "focus" on ero-content as all the game's ero is unlocked and played through the main menu. They have a shit ton of it, but that's just Lose wanting to make a bunch of loli diddling scenes, rather than them wanting to make a game focused on sex. 

Also I feel like people are blowing out of proportion what impact this game being on steam will have. A good number of the casual people that stumble across it on Steam won't even know an 18+ version is out there. Also, most likely they'll just censor out every instance of loli nipples, and leave in the bath scenes, because in all honesty nobody is going to stir up major shit about them being naked. I'm willing to bet Prisma Illya has dirtier loli stuff than the story of this game.