Anime Boston and Sakura-Con Speculation and Announcements thread

Decay

About Just Desert VN, as Indonesian I also had like 'Huh?' as well. For more nitpicking, why must the only Indonesian people had also been half Japanese. Although once again I'm from Indonesian, I think there's still not much good VN from here. But I think they got some good talent here, and I speak about kopianget who design character in Huniepop (He's Indonesian by the way). Back to VN, I think even I'd just nitpicking about VN from Indonesia, maybe this will be good. The question is when Sekai release it though.

As for zombie BL thing, my suggestion that Sekai should made the goal insane like US$ 200,000 or something like that instead of only US$ 11,500. If you want to know my reaction I didn't looking forward to it at all, and it could be first candidate to sacrificed if some of you want to see if Sekai failed to funded something lol.

Another update from Sekai was Kanji no Owari thing, which may as well search it for yourself.

Just now, littleshogun said:

About Just Desrt VN, as Indonesian I also had like 'Huh?' as well. For more nitpicking, why must the only Indonesian people had also been half Japanese. Although once again I'm from Indonesian, I think there's still not much good VN from here. But I think they got some good talent here, and I speak about kopianget who design character in Huniepop (He's Indonesian by the way). Back to VN, I think even I'd just nitpicking about VN from Indonesia, maybe this will be good. The question is when Sekai release it though.

As for zombie BL thing, my suggestion that Sekai should made the goal insane like US$ 200,000 or something like that instead of only US$ 11,500. If you want to know my reaction I didn't looking forward to it at all, and it could be first candidate to sacrificed if some of you want to see if Sekai failed to funded something lol.

Another update from Sekai was Kanji no Owari thing, which may as well search it for yourself.

Just because something doesn't match your taste, is no reason to wish ill on a project. 

Tokeijikake no Ley Line is definitely great news - certainly my favorite announcement of this con.

It doesn't really come unexpected though. It was clear that there was something going on behind the scenes after the big silence around this title right before the translation got finished.

An official release also increases the likelihood that the the other parts get translated, because the motivation for that is certainly a lot higher if you get paid for it. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Tokeijikake no Ley Line is definitely great news - certainly my favorite announcement of this con.

Probably mine too.

Maitetsu stood out to me as something unique and interesting only to find out it's an eroge, with lolis... I am disappoint, and have lost all interest. :amane:

1 minute ago, Crayten said:

Well at least there is a chance that Ley Line gets also a Denpasoft release since the H-Scene are already translated.

Don't bet on it, this is Sekai Project after all and they didn't give a rats ass about other vns that had h-scenes already translated (g-senjou no maou comes to mind).

It seems sekai project is keeping an eye on close to finished fan-translations and is scooping them up before they release. This is great for the translators since now they actually (hopefully) get paid for their work but the fans are getting screwed over since Sekai Project has a habit of taking forever and not releasing full uncut releases. It would be nice if this changed but I really don't hold my breath on anything SP related these days. 

Anyone know if they mentioned Leyline would be getting a kickstarter in the future? (if they pull another announcement of a license and mention the kickstarter after the fact I won't support it based on the questionable ethics). 

3 minutes ago, kyrt said:

Don't bet on it, this is Sekai Project after all and they didn't give a rats ass about other vns that had h-scenes already translated (g-senjou no maou comes to mind).

It seems sekai project is keeping an eye on close to finished fan-translations and is scooping them up before they release. This is great for the translators since now they actually (hopefully) get paid for their work but the fans are getting screwed over since Sekai Project has a habit of taking forever and not releasing full uncut releases. It would be nice if this changed but I really don't hold my breath on anything SP related these days. 

Anyone know if they mentioned Leyline would be getting a kickstarter in the future? (if they pull another announcement of a license and mention the kickstarter after the fact I won't support it based on the questionable ethics). 

Akabei Soft 2 didnt want a english uncut release of it. So Sekai Projects choice was Steam only release or bust.

From Sekai's Q + A at anime boston.

46 minutes ago, Maxel said:

I like SP picking Leyline. The bad thing is probably that it's only first part... out of three.

I wonder when they'll announce http://flyingpantsu.net/koiken-otome/ :makina:

2:0 for SP this time.

Probably won't be long till someone does, because the team has been updating the progress super slowly as if they're waiting on it. Don't know why they won't just come out and say it, and I could be wrong, but that's how it seems.

Ok, I'm back in the land of the living after a very late night. So a few comments:

• Seriously, there were a lot of people chuckling at me about the Maitetsu question. I saw the lolis and kind of knew what I was signing up for, but I wasn't quite aware of the extent of the H content and quite how young the characters looked.
  • Anyway, I actually just tweeted at dovac about that question and got an interesting response: "We had internal discussions about this, but just can't talk about it at this time." This is very much in line with how I interpret their response last night: it wasn't a denial, or even a hinted denial, of any kind of 18+ release. It was an extremely neutral question dodge. I really don't know what to expect - if it were already decided to be something as simple as "there will be no H content", I don't think they would be responding the way they are. My guess is that it's still an in-progress discussion, both with the developer and internally, trying to figure out what kind of balance they should tread to maintain their reputation with all camps and to make the release have the maximum positive impact. None of us is in a position to predict the future here - let's wait and see what happens.
  • Regardless, I actually don't care - I almost certainly will play Maitetsu, because the idea is cute, the art looks freaking gorgeous, and I have no problem with the occasional moege (I seriously love IMHHW, censorship, bad translation, and all). And when I do play Maitetsu, you can bet I'm going to play that censored Steam release.
  • I don't know why people are talking about Kickstarters WRT the SP announcements. They said absolutely nothing about it at SakuraCon, and I don't think they said anything about Kickstarter at Anime Boston either. Each time they announce something is going through Kickstarter, it's been announced as having a Kickstarter from the beginning, right? I think there's clearly not going to be one for any of this stuff. Will SP get a little less incomprehensible hate about Kickstarter after this? Probably not.
  • I am pretty hyped about Ley Line. It's good to see SP had another solid announcement up their sleeve for Boston and didn't dump everything at SakuraCon. I'm actually really happy about the recent pattern of fan translation projects turning into officially-licensed releases. Fan translators deserve compensation for their work, and as a significant and growing group of fans, we deserve to be taken seriously by the original developers and publishers. This new trend, and the very clear rapid growth of the US VN-reading market over the last couple years, are very positive signs.
  • MangaGamer, I am disappoint. But you're releasing Tokyo Babel in the next week, so you know what, actually we're totally square. I have a fair bit of faith in their recent product decisions, so I'm sure they'll come back swinging next time.

58 minutes ago, kingdomcome said:

Probably mine too.

Maitetsu stood out to me as something unique and interesting only to find out it's an eroge, with lolis... I am disappoint, and have lost all interest. :amane:

so because it has loli's it suddenly has a bad story? I must admit that I had the same view when I heard about it first, but its apparently legit good storywise, so I wouldnt be disappointed just yet.

Interested in reading the all ages version if it doesnt butcher the whole VN 

10 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

• I don't know why people are talking about Kickstarters WRT the SP announcements. They said absolutely nothing about it at SakuraCon, and I don't think they said anything about Kickstarter at Anime Boston either. Each time they announce something is going through Kickstarter, it's been announced as having a Kickstarter from the beginning, right? I think there's clearly not going to be one for any of this stuff. Will SP get a little less incomprehensible hate about Kickstarter after this? Probably not.
  • MangaGamer, I am disappoint. But you're releasing Tokyo Babel in the next week, so you know what, actually we're totally square. I have a fair bit of faith in their recent product decisions, so I'm sure they'll come back swinging next time.

Well, they didn't said a word about Root Double KS at the start... 

Mangagamer is probably saving the best for later, look at 2015. It's better to reveal new titles before audience consisting of 100+ people than like 20. 

I'd prefer having Denpa release of Leyline than Maitetsu, the latter is pretty dangerous to do, and the first one could use some h-scenes to sell more, and have bigger chances for localized sequels.

7 minutes ago, Maxel said:

Well, they didn't said a word about Root Double KS at the start... 

Mangagamer is probably saving the best for later, look at 2015. It's better to reveal new titles before audience consisting of 100+ people than like 20. 

I'd prefer having Denpa release of Leyline than Maitetsu, the latter is pretty dangerous to do, and the first one could use some h-scenes to sell more, and have bigger chances for localized sequels.

I'll agree with you on that last line, definitely; I'd probably play the 18+ release of Leyline rather than a censored release. Uncut Maitetsu is almost certainly out of my league, though.

38 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

so because it has loli's it suddenly has a bad story? I must admit that I had the same view when I heard about it first, but its apparently legit good storywise, so I wouldnt be disappointed just yet.

Interested in reading the all ages version if it doesnt butcher the whole VN 

According to rusanon on r/visualnovels, the scene introducing the black-haired loli-train girl involves the protagonist "molesting and stripping her, with nipples being displayed".  Good luck with all-ages-ifying that without going to MoeNovel levels of censorship.

4 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

According to rusanon on r/visualnovels, the scene introducing the black-haired loli-train girl involves the protagonist "molesting and stripping her, with nipples being displayed".  Good luck with all-ages-ifying that without going to MoeNovel levels of censorship.

Now I want to play the game.

Hm interessting. If a 18+ patch/release would have been a no go they probably said it already if im guessing right.

Also some more information from /r/visualnovels:

Games story mode contains not a single hscene actually. You can unlock the hscenes by either complete each character route or click unlock hscenes in the menu. Now you can playback this in the scene viewer but optional and would be really easy to remove and maybe patch back in for fans.

THAT said the game contains a lot of fanservice, we talk a ton of nude scenes, panties, cameltoes and camera focusing on errr pervy spots. Almost 10% of the game is in bath alone. This probably need to all go if they gonna release it on Steam sadly.

1 minute ago, Fred the Barber said:

Amusingly, and I swear I'm not making this up, the protag has past train-associated trauma. Overcoming that is part of the story.

Trains killed my parents...so to get over my fear of them, I must molest this anthro-loli train!  It's the only way I can ride on trains again!