Anime Boston and Sakura-Con Speculation and Announcements thread

Decay

About shocking announcement, back at VNDB there's also discussion about this. Apparently there is a nukige called Shocking, which involve tentacle and possession. If Mangagamer need some nukige to boost sales, maybe this is the best choice imo. Keep in mind that my speculation might be turn out wrong. To make sure the answer, let's see it next week

That's a super unlikely scenario. They wouldn't be so blatant about it, and they aren't going to announce any new titles outside of a convention, not even a nukige. And they wouldn't license THAT nukige, out of all of the ones available to them. I give that speculation less than a 1% chance of happening.

7 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Uhhh...what?  Tesla = electricity.  Electricity shocks people.  "Shocking" announcement.  2 + 2 = 4.  You're really reaching hard for that one, and there's no proof of that, so really, I don't get why you're being so pessimistic.  Why would they tease a blow to their business, especially on a hype machine like Twitter?  That does not make sense.

It's probably one of three things to do with Gahkthun: a Steam release, a hardcopy, or the fandisc getting localized.  The latter two seem pretty unlikely, since as far as I know, it hasn't sold that well, plus I'd imagine that they'd announce the fandisc at a con, not through tweets.  Like Decay said, it's probably a Steam release, which also makes sense, considering that Liarsoft's stuff is pretty tame compared to most VNs.  They already put Yurirei on Steam, why not the other LS title they have?

Well, harsh lessons of the past made me somehow cautious of MangaGamer news. But in all honesty, I wasn't really serious. Who would tease bad news in advance and in that way?! Not even MangaGamer would do that.

I agree that Decay's assumption of a Steam release is the most likely one. They should have done that from the start. Everyone with even remote experience could have predicted that it won't sell well without a Steam release if even IG stuff is struggling.

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

I suppose if you use a sledgehammer to the face, it could still be called a 'hint'. One wonders what the point of 'hinting' is once it passes a certain line, though.

While Gahkthun is obviously a lock for the general topic, the specifics of the announcement aren't 100% clear yet.

Yes, 99:1 odds say they're just announcing that they'll start selling hard copies, but until the announcement comes, we can keep holding out hope for that remaining 1% chance that they licensed the fandisk.

It's important to have hope, if only so you can learn about disappointment.

Gahktun............ what could it be? It might be the fandisc though. Although it didn't stop some hopeful people (Or to be exact a little too hopeful) with their hoping for Maggot Bait or Dies Irae though. But if the announcement was for hard copy, well my comment will be the same as when we got Free Friend hard copy announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rome Akazima Are you really ask that Imopara 2 will had uncensored patch, really? Well, the thing is Imopara 2 was nukige (VN that focused more on sex scene) so censored all of the sex scene would be a stupid move, and therefore it'll be not had any uncensored patch. And as for the translation, according to Mangagamer page it was still at 41.5% translated and 14.4% edited, so it's still take a while to complete (Although the progress was fast though).

And one last thing, I think if you asking something like those 2 you definitely didn't play in here or VNDB enough. To be blunt I'm fairly amused that you asked that kind of question here, but if you still had any doubt guess my task here would be answering your question here (I already did).

On 4/24/2016 at 3:47 PM, TheFantasm said:

Err.... No? VNs don't get translated in a month. 

i know it, just asking xD @TheFantasm

On 4/24/2016 at 3:52 PM, Decay said:

Don't expect it until this fall at the absolute earliest.

yeah, i don't expect it too much well... @Decay

On 4/25/2016 at 8:39 PM, littleshogun said:

@Rome Akazima Are you really ask that Imopara 2 will had uncensored patch, really? Well, the thing is Imopara 2 was nukige (VN that focused more on sex scene) so censored all of the sex scene would be a stupid move, and therefore it'll be not had any uncensored patch. And as for the translation, according to Mangagamer page it was still at 41.5% translated and 14.4% edited, so it's still take a while to complete (Although the progress was fast though).

And one last thing, I think if you asking something like those 2 you definitely didn't play in here or VNDB enough. To be blunt I'm fairly amused that you asked that kind of question here, but if you still had any doubt guess my task here would be answering your question here (I already did).

well, i think imopara 2 have uncensored patch same like Imopara..
that's why i ask it, well i don't mind waiting it for that uncensored patch xD @littleshogun

pretty sure he meant if imopara2 will be uncensored too like its precedessor, which is more than likely to happen (possible anatomic incorrectnesses/ weird stuff below pixies aside) - uncensored = no mosaics. uncensored  unrated/rated

edit. & nay, IF they decide on doing so then there wont be any need for a decensor patch, simply because the product in question would be already offered in a decensored state.

edit2: that is if it wont get on steam, which is... keep on dreaming...

Looks like I misunderstood @Rome Akazima question. Well to be honest the first thing I read uncensored it would remind me of Konosora which had H-Scenes ripped. Sorry.

To properly answer your question, I think Mangagamer will probably remove mosaic for Imopara 2, just like the prequel so you didn't need to wait for uncensor patch. Well to be honest I don't care about the deal with mosaic thing in the first place though.

On 4/29/2016 at 10:33 PM, littleshogun said:

Looks like I misunderstood @Rome Akazima question. Well to be honest the first thing I read uncensored it would remind me of Konosora which had H-Scenes ripped. Sorry.

To properly answer your question, I think Mangagamer will probably remove mosaic for Imopara 2, just like the prequel so you didn't need to wait for uncensor patch. Well to be honest I don't care about the deal with mosaic thing in the first place though.

Well it's fine hahaha xD

It's fine if you misunderstand @littleshogun