(LINUX) Kamidori Alchemy Meister Help (Always Crashing)

BLVCK

22 minutes ago, binaryfail said:

I just finished installing Xubuntu 15.10 on a VM and got it working.

Have you tried installing language-pack-ja-base to see if that got ja-JP.utf8 installed?

Yes I have tried

How did you download your xubuntu? I might need to download a new one since Ive had this for like 3 years.

4 minutes ago, binaryfail said:

It was a fresh install from an iso of the 64bit version. No idea if upgrading will help or not, but it's worth a try.

So how do I do it, sorry my uncle was the one that put linux in my computer in the first place.

Look for VirtualBox in your package manager. Or maybe this command should do it:

sudo apt-get install virtualbox

I think 2GB of ram should be enough for the VM, but the vboxvideo guest driver doesn't seem to work as intended for me. The game was very laggy as a result. You might run into the same thing, so be aware of that.

15 minutes ago, binaryfail said:

Look for VirtualBox in your package manager. Or maybe this command should do it:

sudo apt-get install virtualbox

I think 2GB of ram should be enough for the VM, but the vboxvideo guest driver doesn't seem to work as intended for me. The game was very laggy as a result. You might run into the same thing, so be aware of that.

I already have it downloaded, how did you exactly install your xubuntu since I might need to change mine, or do you know how I can change to Ubuntu instead since there are more tutorials for Ubuntu.

8 minutes ago, binaryfail said:

There are tons of tutorials on how to install an OS inside a virtual machine, and it's essentially the same process whether it's Linux or Windows being loaded up.

You configure the VM to take an ISO, install the distro, and just start using the system from the VM. In the end, I have mine running like this.

Wait you have XP too? I have a problem with mine, when I try install "east asian languages" its asking me for a cd, so in my XP i cant really play Kamidori either, games like sengoku rance and stuff I can still play, do you know how to install east asian languages without a CD?

11 minutes ago, BLVCK said:

Where's the link to getting Ubuntu that most people use so I can download it and run it in my VM.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Pick one or the other. Either one should be able to run the game after you have things set up.

And you might consider going to their "alternative downloads" and use the Network Installer ISO if it sounds appealing. (On second thought, maybe not that).

On 3/25/2016 at 9:29 PM, binaryfail said:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Pick one or the other. Either one should be able to run the game after you have things set up.

And you might consider going to their "alternative downloads" and use the Network Installer ISO if it sounds appealing. (On second thought, maybe not that).

Im getting this problem now. http://prntscr.com/alsryp

@BLVCK I could have been a lot easier to track what dependencies you lack if you installed the VN via PlayOnLinux instead of directly installing it via Wine itself. I admit my posts are old but you could refer to them if it helps...  Muv Luv installation & Grisaia no Kajitsu

If you have winetricks installed, you could launch it and install the fonts or you could just copy over the fonts from a windows installation ( more preferably a Win 7 or Post-Win 7 to get updated fonts) as previously stated in the thread.

• 4 years later...

If anyone is still interested in running the game I was able to get the game working by:

1) By setting my system locale to japanese

2) Install "quartz" in winetricks

3) activating "emulate a virtual desktop" and deactivating "allow the window manager to decorate the windows" in winecfg.

Edited by vabenil
Typo