Go! Go! Democratic People's Republic of Korea!

DEVGRU_P

Released. can be found here : https://store.steampowered.com/app/512060/Stay_Stay_Democratic_Peoples_Republic_of_Korea/

CduLsw8WwAANij9.jpg

"Go! Go! Democratic People's Republic of Korea ~My First (and only) Trip to Pyongyang~"

We're at it again, with the astounding success of Panzermadels over these last 10 days, we plan to work on another visual novel, and the inspiration behind it should be obvious...

Concept
Go! Go! ~DPRK~ is the story of a young soldier who takes a vacation to visit some of his pen-pals in Korea, but little does he know, the two 'Korean soldiers' he thought he was talking to are actually two beautiful soldiers in the North Korean Army, and he's about to be in for the trip of his life! A dark comedy about the most insane country on Earth, will our hero survive, or be shot in a public execution!? (Bet on the later).

The Team

Writers
Writer 1 - CLOSED
Writer 2 - CLOSED
Writer 3 - CLOSED

Artists
Sprite Artist - CLOSED
----------> Background Artist - OPEN <-----------
CG Artist - CLOSED
Menu/Interface Artist - CLOSED

Sound
Musician/Team - CLOSED
Sound Effects - CLOSED

Production
Programmer 1 - CLOSED
PR Team - CLOSED

If you are interested in a position, please apply by posting a message here, or sending us a private message. This game will be released commercially, and we do have a style we are attempting to emulate (as per the parody).

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/GoGoNippan-Screenshot-05-215x380.jpghttp://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/GoGoNippan-Screenshot-06-215x380.jpg

It's a very 'clean' look, and has strong lines. 

FAQ
Q: How long is the game?
A: The game will be 3-4 hours in length, and be around 80,000-90,000 words.

Q: Are the roles paid?
A: Yes, all of the roles are paid positions, payment is on a whole-project basis for the exclusive use of the work produced for the project.

Q: Will the game have R-18 content?
A: The game should be rated around '16+'.

Q: When do you expect the project to be finished.
A: Q4 2016, hopefully.

Q: Will there be a Kickstarter?
A: Yes, we plan to have the artists do some preliminary artwork and run a Kickstarter campaign early this Summer.

Q: What's the image at the top? Do you already have an artist?
A: No, that was used as a joke image in our game Panzermadels, we plan to have our artists do the characters from scratch.

(Note - This game is not affiliated with OVERDRIVE or MangaGamer and is a parody work.)

I have question, Comrade.  Why is title partially in Russian alphabet?  It make no sense and confuse me while I consume daily meal of bread and glorious Russian turnip.

Stereotype jokes aside, I'm pretty interested in this.  I make fun of North Korea as much as the next freedom-loving person, and as such look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Obligatory

13 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

I have question, Comrade.  Why is title partially in Russian alphabet?  It make no sense and confuse me while I consume daily meal of bread and glorious Russian turnip.

Stereotype jokes aside, I'm pretty interested in this.  I make fun of North Korea as much as the next freedom-loving person, and as such look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Obligatory

Hidden Content

It's Russian because it was just a throw-away joke and won't actually be used for the DPRK game, we just want people to get an idea of what we're doing with this recruitment drive.

10 minutes ago, DEVGRU_P said:

It's Russian because it was just a throw-away joke and won't actually be used for the DPRK game, we just want people to get an idea of what we're doing with this recruitment drive.

I was joking, I didn't really care  : P  I thought it was rather amusing, actually.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 2:12 AM, Makudomi said:

Loving this so far. Having played (and thoroughly enjoyed) Panzermadels, I would like to apply for one of your writer positions for this game. Its premise is very interesting to me, and I would like to do my part in bringing more EVNs with this kind of humour to the market. I plan on reading over the original Go! Go! Nippon this weekend to refresh myself on its style to produce the best parody possible, probably tomorrow or the following day. This recruitment thread has appeared at a funny and opportune time; I've actually been researching the treatment and memoirs of those few foreigners who entered the DPRK on their own volition for the past couple of weeks just by coincidence.

If you need samples of my writing, I'm happy to supply them in two ways:

1) You can wait for the early demo release of my freeware VN-in-making, Barakana, which is mostly written by me (about 80% of the content), due to be released sometime around the end of March or the beginning of April

2) I privately can send you snippets from the aforementioned demo in advance; the majority of the writing is complete and we are in the process of assembling the playable product in Ren'Py now

I hope to hear back from you soon!

EDIT: @DEVGRU_P I took a look at your Lemmasoft thread and it looks like you already found someone, and also reduced your required writer count to 3 in the process. Ah, well. You can PM me if necessary down the line; I'll update this post if for whatever reason I become unable to maintain this commitment. Best of luck!

Sorry about that, yeah we found a really great team to work on our project with us.

The only person we're still looking for is a background artist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...