Random Translation Poll

VirginSmasher

1 minute ago, VirginSmasher said:

Most of the threads I make tend to derail anyways. Everytime you see I thread I made, it'll get derailed at some point. :miyako:

to be honest there is not much material to stay on topic, we are talking about a poll in twitter (which I believe is 100% trolling) if I can't derail this thread then in which thread can I do it? :amane:

specially when the titles included in the poll are 1 ks which is already delayed and the guy making the poll is working for that company and another one that was being translated for ages and suddenly when it was finished at that moment they were contacted by the developers to release it officially but there are no news or anything and all the info came from moogy :SmallKappa: 

11 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I guess you could say it went...Down the Rabbit-Hole.  :sachi:

cropped-paris_tuileries_garden_facepalm_

JAST's past actions doesn't suggest they're the type of company to lose the license and not tell anyone. And they commented 6 months ago they expected preorders to be up in about 3 months time, which means they're late again, which is par for the course for JAST :P 

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

to be honest there is not much material to stay on topic, we are talking about a poll in twitter (which I believe is 100% trolling) if I can't derail this thread then in which thread can I do it? :amane:

Chatter threads. Knock yourself out :) 

2 minutes ago, Rooke said:

cropped-paris_tuileries_garden_facepalm_

JAST's past actions doesn't suggest they're the type of company to lose the license and not tell anyone. And they commented 6 months ago they expected preorders to be up in about 3 months time, which means they're late again, which is par for the course for JAST :P 

In JAST time, 3 months means 3 decades.

Can't wait for that Sumaga release in 2046. :sacchan:

19 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

In JAST time, 3 months means 3 decades.

Can't wait for that Sumaga release in 2046. :sacchan:

more concerned about what in lord belzebubs name happened to django, cause django unlike sumaga is actually a pretty cool game, so yeah thats that.

edit. and those having forgotten about jast working on django... cant really blame you, its been "awhile" since its announcement :7

4 minutes ago, XReaper said:

more concerned about what in lord belzebubs name happened to django, cause django unlike sumaga is actually a pretty cool game, so yeah thats that.

edit. and those having forgotten about jast working on django... cant really blame you, its been "awhile" since its announcement :7

The only reason I remember Django is because if Makoto finishes it, he's one step closer to translating Muramasa.

6 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

The only reason I remember Django is because if Makoto finishes it, he's one step closer to translating Muramasa.

- or another literary "highlight" after sonicos release :P

6 hours ago, Rooke said:

I wonder what happened to Subarashiki Hibi.

You know, preparing the game for Steam is always quite a challenge. :makina:

Nah, honestly, everyone is probably waiting for AExpo with all the serious announcements. And how would Makura/KeroQ promote the game? They will probably include hardcopies, but who knows...

14 hours ago, Nerathim said:

I am so sick of waiting for SubaHibi, I don't understand why they chose to license the translation when it was so nearly finished this is ridiculous.

I hear you, I can't believe people want to get paid for their work rather than get served with a cease-and-desist order. What's the world coming to?

6 hours ago, Nerathim said:

I am so sick of waiting for SubaHibi, I don't understand why they chose to license the translation when it was so nearly finished this is ridiculous.

You'd think with a finished translation, there'd be a lot faster release as well.

Also, it's better if there's an official release because with most fan translations, the actual VN gets pirated. An official release doesn't eliminate piracy, but it does cut it down quite a bit.

19 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I hear you, I can't believe people want to get paid for their work rather than get served with a cease-and-desist order. What's the world coming to?

I don't know any company who would give a 3-4 years (or more) deadline to translate some goddamn text, this is becoming as ridiculous as Sora no Kiseki SC. I wouldn't be complaining if they annouced the official localization much earlier given that SubaHibi would probably be released by now. Not to mention that they also gave people false hopes with falses release dates. I understand that they shouldn't be held accountable since it was a "fan" translation at first but this is still pretty frustrating.

7 minutes ago, Nerathim said:

I don't know any company who would give a 3-4 years (or more) deadline to translate some goddamn text, this is becoming as ridiculous as Sora no Kiseki SC. I wouldn't be complaining if they annouced the official localization much earlier given that SubaHibi would probably be released by now. Not to mention that they also gave people false hopes with falses release dates. I understand that they shouldn't be held accountable since it was a "fan" translation at first but this is still pretty frustrating.

The localization talks with the company started last summer.