best visual novel osts?

spademan

trying to make a playlist  of a mix of anime osts and vn osts and was wondering which vns do you all think have great sound tracks? (and which songs if you remember the names) 

-really looking for  more of a battle music mix, but can use anything really as fillers. not to particular on whether the song has voices on it, as long as the voice sounds good.

Well, some nice ones are Naoe Family/Clan, Play Hardball, Battle Dedicated to a Loved One, March of the Beast, Bushido and To Be your Hero from Majikoi and Majikoi S.

I myself like The Road of Hope, With You from Ourai no Gahkthun

Then Dorchadas, the OP of Sharnoth

Spoiler

Worldend_dominator from Umineko

Spoiler

And finally from the anime side, the ED of Black Bullet, Tokohana

Spoiler

G Senjou no Maou and Sengoku Rance have some really catchy soundtracks. G Senjou's really fit well with the scenes that they're played in and even though it's been years since I last played Sengoku Rance, I can still recognize soundtracks from there when I hear them. Utawarerumono and KimiKiss have some really good soundtracks as well, but I wouldn't say they're as fight-themed.

5 hours ago, Nahilys said:

Hey,

you should find some great ones here ;)

Or some others from the game :

Hidden Content

That one is no anime nor VN but just a personal favorite game song (Blade&Soul)

Also, this guy is on point. This is stuff that I would recommend myself.

I'm sorry, I just read best visual novel oats? I guess I am just tired 

aramaki_55.gif

I like Rewrite OST and Subarashiki Hibi is my current fav.

Umineko is very complex and SUPER HOT D:

Just listen to this! 

Edited by Ioruko
I like world end dominator, but not as much as dreamenddischarger

To OP, actually we already had this kind of thread in here, but it's quite easily buried here I guess. And since you stated that you need help, guess I will try to help you (Although I want to show the new music which got my interest recently though). And to @Nahilys, your Fate embedded video only show title menu theme (All of your video) so you better to fix it (A little tips, copy the link after you deleted URL youtube starting from after list word, otherwise your video will be link to first video on the list). Note that I'd give spoiler box for each BGM so it's shorter and easier to read

First, I'll show the music from almost released Tokyo Babel. Here's one of the example, and the name was blue wind

Spoiler

Recently release H-Game Beat Blade Haruka also had some good battle music, especially boss theme below, named 'The Path of Carnage

Spoiler

Speaking about boss theme, below was final boss battle from Yumina the Ethereal

Spoiler

And from the opening VN, how about Madou Koukaku OP Full Version belo

Spoiler

Now, outside battle theme, here's from Ever17 OST Drittes Auge Nehme

Spoiler

And next was H-Scene theme from Konosora, The Light (or Hikari in youtube title

Spoiler

And last is from Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort OST, the relaxing one Costa de Sol (And enjoy the girls wearing skimpy outfit, okay XDDDD

Spoiler

Hopefully all OST I recommended above will help OP in the future.

Why do people 'confuse' openings with osts? :p Random 'visual novel bgm/ost playlist' on youtube, great music, and suddenly poppy generic japanesse opening, which I can't stand. xD 90% of openings sounds exactly the same. Japanesse people had that strange ability to dilute every interesting/dark/melancholic melodies and themes with sudden poppy, slightly catchy, happy refrain, which fit like 'fist to the nose'. ;p
Best example would be that new Yuzusoft project opening from above. What a horrible way to destroy nice, dark song.

3 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Why do people 'confuse' openings with osts? :P Random 'visual novel bgm/ost playlist' on youtube, great music, and suddenly poppy generic japanesse opening, which I can't stand. xD 90% of openings sounds exactly the same. Japanesse people had that strange ability to dilute every interesting/dark/melancholic melodies and themes with sudden poppy, slightly catchy, happy refrain, which fit like 'fist to the nose'. ;p
Best example would be that new Yuzusoft project opening from above. What a horrible way to destroy nice, dark song.

where do you find yuzusoft? Also, OST stands for "original soundtrack" and I really hope that you arent implying that the opening and ending songs arent a part of that lol.