Complaints about moderation goes here

3 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

Snapping at third-party observers who support your decision

Lel, it's k, Kuu-chan's currently not her genius self right now, too much hype about S;G0 I guess, and so she totally misinterpreted your supportive 3rd party observational statement with that "I'm not tsundere strict!!!!" quip

On 24/06/2016 at 9:00 AM, littleshogun said:

Nice sob story there I guess, Eai.

But seriously, from your complain here I could only see that you tried too hard to make everything right in either this forum or chat. For frogstat, I didn't knew why he said you're hopeless there, but at least I knew it's his right to use Japanese in English chat room, like it or not. But if you dislike his insult to you, then I couldn't said about it here, and therefore I'll leave this matter to you. Oh, and from what I heard weaboo was what you call an insult to some people, and apparently frogstat was insulted by that.

For your second story, to me it sounds like you didn't involved in 'useless debate' in the first place. But apparently you sense of justice want to stop this, so you tried to stop the debate. Okay, even if I understand your reasoning, but if you didn't like the debate, you could actually just leave the chat room and ignore the debate. Beside, it's not like you knew the people who got insulted by velo personally anyway (Or if you knew, that I also understand why you did that to velo).

For last point, let's just said that you really dislike arguing, but from back at 2 locked thread and your post as Aei in Walkure Romanze, I couldn't see that from you. Back in nukige forum, if you really only jokingly said that in regard of nukige, personally you really didn't need to write many reply to the posts there that show you insisting that your point was true (To be honest, the argument there was like in circle, some user tried to show the fact, and you said it's not right). You also made a thread about people insecurities about sex in VN as the aftermath from first locked thread (Which made mod Kaguya hid 15 posts), and you also had debate with one user back at Walkure Romanze thread (Which actually blew you cover in regard that you dislike sex scene in VN). Okay, I didn't really need your defense in regard of those, but what I want to said is that if you dislike arguing, my suggestion here would be just stop your argument instead of keep trying to depend yourself (And if you said it's hard to stop arguing if one party not willing to stop, you just need to stop your arguing by yourself ie didn't need to reply to many posts since actually if you involving in arguing, you also the party in arguing).

As the last word, I entered Fuwanovel and had my first post here in regard of Soukoku no Arterial tips here. Okay, I understand your point that you want to contribute something to Fuwanovel here. Therefore, I would suggest you better just take it easy here instead of keep righting the wrong thing to you here. Sorry if you dislike my post here, but I really want to write about this since yesterday.

23 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

and you give them any objective reason at all to boot you, you're gone.

The problem is when you got boot for no objective reason. Whereas others are just fine for the same things. I don't think what i've done is this bad, and i am sure a lot of people there have a lot worse history than mine and are perfectly fine. But i am a new user, and i'm not so naive to not know there is a tendency to have strong positive bias and indulgence toward older members in forum communities. And that's a pity.

10 hours ago, Eai said:

The problem is when you got boot for no objective reason. Whereas others are just fine for the same things. I don't think what i've done is this bad, and i am sure a lot of people there have a lot worse history than mine and are perfectly fine. But i am a new user, and i'm not so naive to not know there is a tendency to have strong positive bias and indulgence toward older members in forum communities. And that's a pity.

Solidbatman gets suspended at least once a year it seems, and I think he was a former moderator (plus he heads FuwaReviews?).  And Kiriririri has been temporarily banned from chat multiple times.  The difference between them and you is that they're welcome when they return.  At this rate, you probably won't be.  Moderators can't make people like you.  That's up to you.  Lashing out at moderation or other members is only effective when you have support from your peers.  If you've isolated yourself with rude and disrespectful behavior, as you seem to have, you'll encounter little sympathy and you'll simply further antagonize the community.

My recommendation: Accept your suspension, apologize to the people you've irritated, and move on.  Show others that you can participate in forum discussions without being disruptive, and then maybe return to chat in a month or so.  If they're still not willing to accept you, then perhaps the FuwaChat community isn't for you.  There's no reason to hang around people who hate your guts anyway.

3 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

Solidbatman gets suspended at least once a year it seems, and I think he was a former moderator (plus he heads FuwaReviews?).  And Kiriririri has been temporarily banned from chat multiple times.  The difference between them and you is that they're welcome when they return.  At this rate, you probably won't be.  Moderators can't make people like you.  That's up to you.  Lashing out at moderation or other members is only effective when you have support from your peers.  If you've isolated yourself with rude and disrespectful behavior, as you seem to have, you'll encounter little sympathy and you'll simply further antagonize the community.

My recommendation: Accept your suspension, apologize to the people you've irritated, and move on.  Show others that you can participate in forum discussions without being disruptive, and then maybe return to chat in a month or so.  If they're still not willing to accept you, then perhaps the FuwaChat community isn't for you.  There's no reason to hang around people who hate your guts anyway.

Heh, I like the RPGCodex's rules - they're very upfront about these sorts of things:

6. Shitposting: From time to time, we get users who, upon review of their posts, it is discovered that they have not really added anything of value to the Codex. Their posts are typically only ever in GD and their few forays into the other forums provide little insight or opinion. It's not surprising to find these users often spend all their time complaining about other users rather than debating or discussing actual issues. We define these people as Shitposters and we define their posts as Shitposting. 

These users eventually make the mistake of pissing off one of the Moderators with their Shitposting, which leads to said Moderator advising the Administrators, which usually leads to a ban and nuking of all their posts. As a simple rule, if you've gained this much attention and we make a judgement that the Codex would not lose anything by banning you, we will probably ban you. You should note that there are some Moderators who are more than happy to bring these users to the attention of the Administrators on a regular basis and not banning half the forum is an ongoing struggle.

Addendum: Likewise, if you create an alternate (alt / another) account and shitpost with that - don't be surprised to see us nuke both your alt and your main account as well. You cannot escape punishment. Even if it takes us several months or years for us to find out all your accounts.

6 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

By the way, my point was that i didn't do anything which actually justified a chat ban, and my previous actions on forum are completely unrelated to this matter. It was not really about lashing a moderator after all, but rather pointing out that the decision here was not really justified and not objective. Tbh, i don't really need you to tell me about the fact that if some users don't like me, then a moderator can't do anything about that, but contrary to a 'simple user', a moderator should normally be encouraged to be more objective, and should try to stay impartial in their decisions.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

First off, this isn't a complaint, just a question. I posted some pictures in the post pictures you like thread. It was comyu pictures, i posted about 6 as separate posts.

Question is, why were they all joined together? did i do something wrong?

As far as i know, i didn't break any particular rules. So IF i didn't break any form rules, why exactly was it joined together? I posted them separately because they were different moments in the Vn. Some posts had 2 pictures with different facial expressions. As the one who posted it, it made sense to me. I liked it that way. I think a few others liked those pictures 2.

Did someone join them together because they thought since its all from one Vn then just put them on one post? I'm sorry, i honestly don't understand. As posters, as long as we aren't posting anything harmful or rule breaking or something that just plain troubles other users, don't we have the freedom to post in a way we like?

I apologise if somehow i missed the rule about posting this way or something, could you then kindly direct me to the information about that rule? 

Btw, I'm not attacking any of them mods. I'm just don't understand why the posts were joined up and hope you'll will give me some clarity and direction to the rule i broke. 

Thank you for your time.

16 minutes ago, frogstat said:

It's more convinient that way.

Convenient for whom? How does it inconvenience anyone with the way and form in which i post my harmless pictures? The pictures had meaning to me separated. Can't i have some freedom in the way i would like to post the pictures. Its not like i randomly just spammed stuff. 

Anyway i don't mean to be rude but i'll wait for a mod to reply like with that other guy above me. I'm new to this forum thing, this is the first forum i joined and all. I rather a mod explain to me with clarity.

Btw i didn't know mods would just change things even if they didn't break rules or go against the site in any way or form, well i hope i'm excused for that misunderstand, as i said, i'm new to being apart of a forum and i'm not certain to how much powers mods have. Thats a different matter i guess.

The mods can do whatever they want, including editing peoples posts and changing which board it's posted in if they see it appropriate. As it happened they saw it more fit for images submitted by the same user to be in one post rather than multiple ones, if that offends you you are free to send them a PM or wait here and have them tell you what I just told you.

I don't mean to be rude but you might want to cut down on the passive-aggressiveness when you're talking to the mods.

Before this conversation gets out of hand, Rule 4 under ‘thread rules’ – ‘don’t double post repeatedly.’ The forum rules are on the Introduce Yourself forum. Sorry, but it's written very plainly for everybody to see :) 

Moderators may let a couple of instances go on their discretion, but they’ll sometimes morph 2 or more posts together. Maybe. If somebody bumps a thread from 6 years ago, a thread they last replied in, then that would be an example of something which be unreasonable to not create a double post. But in general it would get annoying for users if everybody broke this rule instead of making one post, it makes conversations a bit more chaotic.

I sometimes do it to annoy the moderators.

Anyway, anything you can do in 6 posts you can do in 1 post.

2 minutes ago, frogstat said:

I don't mean to be rude but you might want to cut down on the passive-aggressiveness when you're talking to the mods.

How am i being passive-aggressive. You're just being sensitive. I'm not annoyed or angry in any form. I am new to forums. I havent been in one and this is the first time i'm a part of one. I don't know the powers that mods hold. So i said what i said. Anyway i'm not here to have a discussion with you. I'm asking a mod for clarity. I don't want to argue with people. cheers 

4 minutes ago, Rooke said:

, Rule 4 under ‘thread rules’ – ‘don’t double post repeatedly.

I actually had to google what double posting is :wahaha:, I'll pretty new to all this. So double posting is posting the same thing twice? but the pictures i was posting differed from each other. Btw i do apologise for not catching that rule and thank you for pointing it out Rooke. I appreciate it. It did offer some clarity. Could i just ask you questions if i don't understand something about the forum? :wahaha:

I'm pretty new to this forum stuff, just got into it with fuwa since i enjoy Vns and liked the place with its friendly people [mostly]. Maybe its cuz i'm old so i'm slow to understanding some of this stuff [self-deprecating smile :yumiko:]

Double posting is simply when you make two posts in a row without anyone posting in between them. IMO there's nothing wrong with it if you actually have a half decent reason, even if it's just to be funny or something, but SOME NAZI MODS have a problem with it. Generally, the rule is in place to prevent blatantly flooding threads with nonsense, drowning out actual discussion.

53 minutes ago, Decay said:

Double posting is simply when you make two posts in a row without anyone posting in between them. IMO there's nothing wrong with it if you actually have a half decent reason, even if it's just to be funny or something, but SOME NAZI MODS have a problem with it. Generally, the rule is in place to prevent blatantly flooding threads with nonsense, drowning out actual discussion.

Thank you for the reply decay. I'm sure you probably don't remember but since i've joined you've answered a lot of my questions in other threads in very clear ways, i appreciate it. Rooke even took the time to pm me about what double posting is. Thanks guys, its nice of you'll.

So i posted on the post pictures you like thread, discussions rarely happen there and if you would notice, a lot of people spam interesting pictures or comics back to back. Referring to my own reasons above ,do you think its a decent enough reason for me to post that way in this particular case.

Btw, i have nothing against the people there spamming pictures, a few of us do it often and i feel a sense of camaraderie with them. In my opinion we post some interesting stuff :wahaha:.

PS: Some helpful person suggested that i pm Zeno since he will be cool about it. So i did just that! :sachi:. Thanks you Decay and Rooke for the replies and explanations! 

Edited by DharmaFreedom
postscript

4 hours ago, Decay said:

Zenophilious has a post merging fetish. I smell his handiwork here.

Was me, actually.

@DharmaFreedom

They were different moments of the VN, but they were all part of the same VN and they were all posted in sucession (it was a series of 6 or 7 different posts with no posts by any other users in between, all posted during the same hour.) Posting VN CGs without using spoiler tags is also a bit questionable, but I won't get into that now, haha.

I'm sorry, but I'd merge them together even if they didn't have anything to do with each other. That type of posting takes a lot of extra space. For example, they filled 1/3 of a page before the merge, which is significantly less than they do, well, after being merged and all, while still keeping the same content. It makes going through a whole page a lot more daunting, and merging them makes things look a lot better for that reason, with no real downside. It's also against the rules, too, though there's no real penalty for something like that. 

Double posting is fine if it's been a while since anyone posted in a thread, though. 

@Kaguya

The Cgs didn't contain any spoilers in them, Some of them were Cgs used for promos 2. I didn't know we had to include spoilers when posting Cgs. I'll be more mindful of that next time. I'll also be careful and try not to waste any space with my posts. I'll read up of the forum rules again. 

Is there any way for mods to just pm the posters that had made errors that you'll corrected? I think that will be great, but i understand if you'll are too busy to pm everyone. People can seek you'll out if they have questions about why the corrections were made and such.

I'm not being passive-aggressive or hostile  [Just so anyone else reading this knows that i'm not attempting to attack anybody here].

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Its dem GMs making use of their admin powers in the name of truth and justice to fulfill their entitledness to the gloriousness of pink master race, the person who should pay is you for blasphemizing Fabulous Friday

Pink used to be a masculine colour. This is because pink represented passion (or something) and was considered 'stronger', whereas blue was prettier and daintier and therefore was considered a girl's colour.

Does this somehow make it less cool? Less trendy? Less edgy? :3

[Copy & pasted from private chat - should have posted it here to begin with]

Amusing thought for the morning:

In the past, women may have tried to throw off gender trappings when they started turning away from blue (a very feminine colour) and embracing pink. Pink being a man's colour, I want to say it's because it resembles blood but it doesn't, was embraced enthusiastically by women at the beginning of the 20th Century.

Fast forward to today and pink is a woman's colour, and women are trying to throw off gender trappings by ...

Heh, the more things change the more they stay the same :P 

That being said it's hard on the eyes, 'too strong' you might say, which is a very masculine phenomenon. Therefore to keep with the very masculine theme for the day, can somebody please remind me to stab whoever came up with the 'pink for GMs Fab Friday' thing? Much appreciated :) 

• 3 weeks later...