Complaints about moderation goes here

2 minutes ago, Down said:

I was addressing that particular solution, which I think is not the right one. I don't care if the CoC posts disappear from the sidebar, I don't even use it.

If you absolutely want your eyes to be completely protected from shitposting though, I think the only efficient solution is to close your browser and unplug your internet cable.

What I like or not doesn't matter, but it seems to me that some of you forgot what moderating meant.

4 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

by your insane standards anyway :P

Well, as you said, the sole fact that there is a thread in which witch hunting is allowed is beyond stupid.

I don't think I have high standards, but encouraging or allowing too much chaotic behavior on a forum is not something I think any mod should do.

The very purpose of the CoC is to contain all the shitpost, clickbait, jokes etc you guys are complaining about. If you think these things don't belong on this site, then what you want is not better moderation, it's a change of the site itself and its current rules.

As far as I'm concerned, moderation deals with some of the specific rules of the site that need to be enforced (nsfw, loli policy, illegal links), and hate speech, which will be harshly treated. The rest is almost cosmetic: moving, merging, splitting to clean up threads, once in a while try to calm down spamming and derailing if it really gets too far, but I'd rather stay very liberal on those because I don't want to treat forum posters as kids (even though they often act as they are) and I don't believe "repressive" moderating is needed nor efficient in those cases.

18 minutes ago, Down said:

The very purpose of the CoC is to contain all the shitpost, clickbait, jokes etc you guys are complaining about. If you think these things don't belong on this site, then what you want is not better moderation, it's a change of the site itself and its current rules.

As far as I'm concerned, moderation deals with some of the specific rules of the site that need to be enforced (nsfw, loli policy, illegal links), and hate speech, which will be harshly treated. The rest is almost cosmetic: moving, merging, splitting to clean up threads, once in a while try to calm down spamming and derailing if it really gets too far, but I'd rather stay very liberal on those because I don't want to treat forum posters as kids (even though they often act as they are) and I don't believe "repressive" moderating is needed nor efficient in those cases.

And maybe this is a belief you'd have to re-evaluate. Because right now, being liberal isn't effiecient at all.

6 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

And maybe this is a belief you'd have to re-evaluate. Because right now, being liberal isn't effiecient at all.

Fact of the matter is, maef, there is that forums don't work by being all super serious. I was here from pretty early on, and so was Down. When the more strict moderation as going on, there would be days before anything new on the forums would appear. And what did appear was a forum game like "Name the anime" or whatever. It was stuff unrelated to VNs. Naturally as a forum grows, so does the noise it makes. 

If you want meaningful, thoughtful content, create it. Your last VN thread was back in February 2014. Two years ago. Now you've created other, anime-ish discussion threads, but I don't really take well to seeing someone complain about the lack of meaningful discussion, and plethora of spam, while they don't actually take the initiative and create it themselves. In fact, all you really do here is complain about Fuwanovel, and bemoan the fact that some people dislike Clannad. You complain that other people try to pass off their opnion as fact, and you yourself literally just did the same exact thing. So quit being a little whiney bitch and if you don't like the way Fuwanovel is going, leave. I'm honestly sick and tired of you passing off your diarrhea of posts as constructive criticisms. At least sanahtlig actually contributes in a meaningful way instead of bitching all the time. 

14 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Fact of the matter is, maef, there is that forums don't work by being all super serious. I was here from pretty early on, and so was Down. When the more strict moderation as going on, there would be days before anything new on the forums would appear. And what did appear was a forum game like "Name the anime" or whatever. It was stuff unrelated to VNs. Naturally as a forum grows, so does the noise it makes. 

If you want meaningful, thoughtful content, create it. Your last VN thread was back in February 2014. Two years ago. Now you've created other, anime-ish discussion threads, but I don't really take well to seeing someone complain about the lack of meaningful discussion, and plethora of spam, while they don't actually take the initiative and create it themselves. In fact, all you really do here is complain about Fuwanovel, and bemoan the fact that some people dislike Clannad. You complain that other people try to pass off their opnion as fact, and you yourself literally just did the same exact thing. So quit being a little whiney bitch and if you don't like the way Fuwanovel is going, leave. I'm honestly sick and tired of you passing off your diarrhea of posts as constructive criticisms. At least sanahtlig actually contributes in a meaningful way instead of bitching all the time. 

Or maybe you're talking about things that are completely unrelated ?

Have I talked about meaningful content in this thread ?

Have I talked about VN centered topics in this thread ?

What does any of this have to do with this subject ?

Stop linking every one of your arguments to subjects that are either unrelated, irrelevant or outdated to try to prove your point. There are complains about clickbait threads on a thread on complaints about moderation. Take the fucking critisism instead of crying and defending methods that obviously don't work.

Don't make those threads if you're too butthurt to take them deep in the ass. You're ridiculous.

I don't know what I should think of the fact that you went out of your way and made all that research on me to descredit what I say.

Like Down, I don't believe in repressive moderation, that's why I'm not advocating for threads in the CoC board be removed from the sidebar. Chatter threads only make up the minority of threads in the recent topics box, so I think this "issue" is a bit blown out of proportion by a few people.

I do, however, believe there is validity in complaining about clickbait threads that have no purpose to them other than being pure clickbait and/or inside jokes. If something is clearly unpleasant to a lot of people, we should at least consider if it's worth dealing with it, and I don't think it would be harmful to the site if we were to implement some form of clickbait prevention.

You can still have a funny title, but if your title is something like "Omgz can you believe this" and then the actual thread is a picture of a toaster, it's kind of a nuisance to everyone and isn't really attempting to be remotely funny. 

It's either that or enforce stricter "quality control", but how do you qualify shitposts? :makina:

5 hours ago, Down said:

I mean, if you're gonna do that you might as well change the whole title. It's like explaining a joke: it ruins it.

There's a reason why we have such a thing as the Coliseum of Chatter: so that you expect shitposting when you see a thread there.

I accept the idea that Chatter threads are placed in the Sideboard as long as I don't have to participate in Chattery talk when I choose not to. I don't appreciate the idea of tricking me and other unwilling participants into witnessing their 'jokes', 'chatter', or 'mucking around' through a title which pretends to be serious - I'm starting to consider it a nuisance. Personally, I like Sanah and NB's idea of enforcing thread title changes, ONLY because Babiker's excellent solution would require fiddling with the sidebar, and that would likely break the forum for a week.

5 hours ago, solidbatman said:

My suggestion: This thread is a horrible idea and ought to be done away with. As the entire first page has shown, its being used for a silly witch hunt.

The first page was made when it was a part of another thread, which was a thread in the fan-translation forum. Closing the thread won't stop the complaints, it will just move it elsewhere.

8 hours ago, solidbatman said:

My suggestion: This thread is a horrible idea and ought to be done away with. As the entire first page has shown, its being used for a silly witch hunt.

Good thing your suggestion doesn't matter. If you can shitpost then I can make threads that call for a witch hunt.

1 hour ago, bigfatround0 said:

Good thing your suggestion doesn't matter. If you can shitpost then I can make threads that call for a witch hunt.

Ahhh, how constructive. An argument I cannot counter. 

Except for the fact that I shit post maybe once a month, and most of what I post is in threads unseen to most except for staff because I am actually doing work for Fuwanovel, and do work not seen on the forums. But yeah, what I say doesn't matter.

Go back to bitching and making ignorant posts on reddit :)

Trust me, if Tay, god rest his soul, saw this thread, it would shut down in a heart beat, and be deleted. This whole thread is a terrible idea. 

Click bait does need to be toned down, and the forum goes through this about twice a year, typically at the same time. Spring break, and Summer break. People get bored. Its going to happen. We went through this debate very early on with Fuwanovel back when the AMA threads were going insane. It led to the Chatter board being created. 

Now if memory serves, there was a way to keep those posts off of the side bar, but that was back when IPB was worth a damn. 

12 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Ahhh, how constructive. An argument I cannot counter. 

Except for the fact that I shit post maybe once a month, and most of what I post is in threads unseen to most except for staff because I am actually doing work for Fuwanovel, and do work not seen on the forums. But yeah, what I say doesn't matter.

Go back to bitching and making ignorant posts on reddit :)

Trust me, if Tay, god rest his soul, saw this thread, it would shut down in a heart beat, and be deleted. This whole thread is a terrible idea. 

Click bait does need to be toned down, and the forum goes through this about twice a year, typically at the same time. Spring break, and Summer break. People get bored. Its going to happen. We went through this debate very early on with Fuwanovel back when the AMA threads were going insane. It led to the Chatter board being created. 

Now if memory serves, there was a way to keep those posts off of the side bar, but that was back when IPB was worth a damn. 

Just because you help out doesn't mean you're free to shitpost whenever you want. You and ren are like the shitposting kings when ya'll are together.

Why do I have to go back to reddit? It's been getting more and more stale recently so I decided to hop on over here. Even with you and the other shitposters this place is way better than it used to be a few years ago so I can tolerate it nowadays.

1 minute ago, bigfatround0 said:

Just because you help out doesn't mean you're free to shitpost whenever you want. You and ren are like the shitposting kings when ya'll are together.

Why do I have to go back to reddit? It's been getting more and more stale recently so I decided to hop on over here. Even with you and the other shitposters this place is way better than it used to be a few years ago so I can tolerate it nowadays.

You vastly overestimate the amount of shit posting I do :P 

But feel free to prove me wrong and provide me with links to all of this shit posting. 

3 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

You vastly overestimate the amount of shit posting I do :P 

But feel free to prove me wrong and provide me with links to all of this shit posting. 

Nah, honestly I was just fucking around. I didn't expect my comment to take off and start some minor drama.

Okay, since the function of this thread apparently was to complained about moderation, not to help recovering certain member from boredom like minor drama above show, how about if I complained about the staff here. What I want to point out was in term of global mod. I didn't had any question for 4 normal member (Maybe better called them Elite Four of Fuwanovel lol. I mean member like Kaguya, Nosebleed, Beato, and Down), but I think I was slightly asked about @ThrallOfTheArchmage as global mod. I mean, he was just recently joined like me (Around 2014), but he didn't had any post here and his last visit was at December 27th. I'd find it extremely suspicious, because if the member with 0 post could be global mod, maybe it's better to give the position to me lol (Just kidding). Here's the proof just in case you think I'm lying. May I ask what's the criteria being global mod if the case like above happened ? Other than small nitpicking matter, I think I didn't had any complaining about moderation in Fuwanovel forum here.

4 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Okay, since the function of this thread apparently was to complained about moderation, not to help recovering certain member from boredom like minor drama above show, how about if I complained about the staff here. What I want to point out was in term of global mod. I didn't had any question for 4 normal member (Maybe better called them Elite Four of Fuwanovel lol. I mean member like Kaguya, Nosebleed, Beato, and Down), but I think I was slightly asked about @ThrallOfTheArchmage as global mod. I mean, he was just recently joined like me (Around 2014), but he didn't had any post here and his last visit was at December 27th. I'd find it extremely suspicious, because if the member with 0 post could be global mod, maybe it's better to give the position to me lol (Just kidding). Here's the proof just in case you think I'm lying. May I ask what's the criteria being global mod if the case like above happened ? Other than small nitpicking matter, I think I didn't had any complaining about moderation in Fuwanovel forum here.

It's an alt account for Tay to do testing with, not an actual member.

I've been calling the GMs the Holy Trinity for NB, Up and Kaguya-hime; Beato-nee and Kendjin-kun are more honorary/legacy GMs at this point

And they're doing fine, so most likely won't be adding any new ones to their ranks :sachi:

'less they need another someone in PST timezone for when frontline NB is asleep :makina:

On 3/24/2016 at 5:15 AM, littleshogun said:

Okay, since the function of this thread apparently was to complained about moderation, not to help recovering certain member from boredom like minor drama above show

You say that like I'm the only one. Pretty much everyone that's posted in this thread does the same thing except they use shitty clickbait titles.

On 24/03/2016 at 7:28 AM, Kurisu-Chan said:

Tbh, i want Kaguya-sama to name me as a global mod. :makina: 

No.

14 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

That makes me more than qualified.  Promotion, please?  :sachi:

No.

21 minutes ago, wraithseeker said:

I think Tay is the only one who can add this type of thing, haha. Don't think he'll check this topic - if you really want it to happen, you're probably better off PMing him, though I wouldn't count on it working unless you have a really good sales pitch :miyako: 

Appreciate all the feedback.