Complaints about moderation goes here

8 minutes ago, Decay said:

Which is why I'm asking why you think he deserves a ban. What specific actions did he do to deserve it? Your entire argument of mod favoritism hinges on him deserving to be banned, but I'd like to know why that is the case.

He's done so much stuff to deserve a ban. It would take a whole day to list them!

11 hours ago, bigfatround0 said:

The only reason that mod cares is cause originalren is a big favorite of the mods. They wouldn't want their precious ren to get his feelings hurt.

Umm, no, I posted that warning because I didn't like the tone of the conversation that was that was going on, and wanted to pre-empt anything that could lead to the thread getting locked or a flame war going on.  I've known Ren for a while, but we're not best buds or anything, and I have a decent set of morals.  If someone I like on Fuwa did something against the rules, they'd get a warning, just like everyone else, and further actions if they kept doing it.

I don't really care if you don't like me, or even openly insult me to my face, but don't you dare say I play favorites in terms of enforcing the rules.  I take my moderating responsibilities seriously.  I think you're confusing "not doing what you want" with doing the right thing.

2 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Umm, no, I posted that warning because I didn't like the tone of the conversation that was that was going on, and wanted to pre-empt anything that could lead to the thread getting locked or a flame war going on.  I've known Ren for a while, but we're not best buds or anything, and I have a decent set of morals.  If someone I like on Fuwa did something against the rules, they'd get a warning, just like everyone else, and further actions if they kept doing it.

I don't really care if you don't like me, or even openly insult me to my face, but don't you dare say I play favorites in terms of enforcing the rules.  I take my moderating responsibilities seriously.  I think you'really confusing "not doing what you want" with doing the right thing.

k

just keep on denying it.

Okay, this is getting very slightly ridiculuous. But first let me state something about my post in here. Even if the fact was true, in the end it didn't matter to me if originalren was mod favorite one or not, because what's matter is once again the result (Aokana patch). So, before the star of this thread tried to use my statement (bigfatround0), let me state that I also didn't care about your effort to convince us about mod favoritsm either, but I think you got very very very very slightly annoying here.

Mod @Down I think this thread was quite useless to said it frankly, since other than bigfatround0 who actively act like troll and tried to challange the mod with his useless statement (And suddenly I remember of luckypaper case in VNDB), not much user who had complained with moderation here I think. Although if I may complained about moderator, looks like mods had too much free time to feed the troll like bigfatround0 lol (Then again, guess me too).

@bigfatround0 If you feel thar original ren was deserved to be banned, you MUST show us and the mods here which post that made him deserve the banned (Good luck for digging 4000 or so of his post, although I doubt attention seeker like you would do that though), and also the proof that originalren was mod favorite from the posts here. Otherwise, I'll just said that you're a troll here. And even if you fed up with moderation here, there's no point to constantly spam this thread with your hate to mod here, you know (And I didn't know what made you come here other than you must be bored and watched the drama, then involved in it and stir it up). Oh about you said mod kept denying, guess I could also use the same statement to you, you just keep denying that you actually didn't had any proof here. And if you said that you had the proof that originalren had deserved the banned, I'll be waiting for the list, even if you need a day to list it (Assuming you already collected the proof here anyway).

Sorry a liitle caught up for the moment, but once again I'm was very very very very very slightly annoyed to bigfatround0 here.

2 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Okay, this is getting very slightly ridiculuous. But first let me state something about my post in here. Even if the fact was true, in the end it didn't matter to me if originalren was mod favorite one or not, because what's matter is once again the result (Aokana patch). So, before the star of this thread tried to use my statement (bigfatround0), let me state that I also didn't care about your effort to convince us about mod favoritsm either, but I think you got very very very very slightly annoying here.

Mod @Down I think this thread was quite useless to said it frankly, since other than bigfatround0 who actively act like troll and tried to challange the mod with his useless statement (And suddenly I remember of luckypaper case in VNDB), not much user who had complained with moderation here I think. Although if I may complained about moderator, looks like mods had too much free time to feed the troll like bigfatround0 lol (Then again, guess me too).

@bigfatround0 If you feel thar original ren was deserved to be banned, you MUST show us and the mods here which post that made him deserve the banned (Good luck for digging 4000 or so of his post, although I doubt attention seeker like you would do that though), and also the proof that originalren was mod favorite from the posts here. Otherwise, I'll just said that you're a troll here. And even if you fed up with moderation here, there's no point to constantly spam this thread with your hate to mod here, you know (And I didn't know what made you come here other than you must be bored and watched the drama, then involved in it and stir it up). Oh about you said mod kept denying, guess I could also use the same statement to you, you just keep denying that you actually didn't had any proof here. And if you said that you had the proof that originalren had deserved the banned, I'll be waiting for the list, even if you need a day to list it (Assuming you already collected the proof here anyway).

Sorry a liitle caught up for the moment, but once again I'm was very very very very very slightly annoyed to bigfatround0 here.

It's fine if you're annoyed but I don't see how it's my fault. You can ignore my comments and this thread but you chose not to. And like I've mentioned, I'm not gonna bother looking for any proof since there's way too much shit to dig through. You even said it yourself. I also never called for originalren to be banned. I don't see why people keep saying that when I haven't said anything about me wanting him to get banned.

By the way I don't like being called an attention seeker. If anyone here is one then it would be originalren. The guy makes countless of clickbait threads in order to get attention.

24 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Wind back the name-calling, please.

19 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

The guy makes countless of clickbait threads in order to get attention.

Clickbait threads have been a problem in general, lately. Multiple people are making them and some Fuwans are beginning to get ticked off. Unfortunately, it's not against the rules and not a ban-worthy offense.  However a cursory glance around the forum will show that people are beginning to get tired of it, and that because nothing official can be done (it isn't against the rules,) it promotes frustration. For example:

On 3/9/2016 at 9:16 AM, Kaguya said:

I'm not even joking, next clickbait you're getting banned :/

On 3/10/2016 at 11:25 PM, Nayleen said:

Since when was trolling ever a ban-worthy offense on Fuwanovel?

On 3/14/2016 at 10:39 PM, Nayleen said:

I think I'll just start slamming click-bait titles.

On 3/9/2016 at 9:33 AM, sanahtlig said:

I'll just repeat what's likely been said many times before: posts to the colisseum of chatter shouldn't show up in the sidebar.  Let people who like that stuff follow that forum for updates on new threads.

On 3/9/2016 at 9:46 AM, maefdomn said:

No but really, are you guys that bored that we see those kind of threads popping a lot more often ?

2 hours ago, Zalor said:

Fuwanovel has been obsessed with click bait titles recently. Whats more its all centered around a niche group of friends. This is getting to be almost as bad as when hsmful, HMN, and his buddies were spamming the forums. So... I vote ban Kurisu for the Shogun.  

And etc. 

I like the idea of a thread to publicly contend moderation.  I feel that some unnecessary censorship goes on sometimes--often not at all related to lolis too!

Honestly this entire thread so far until Rooke's last post was just a waste of time to read.  Let's end the discussion of the need to ban OrignalRen.  It's dumb and nothing useful regarding the matter has been said.

Yes, the clickbait threads in the sidebar are annoying.  They distract from real discussion and people asking for help--and just make the forum feel less useful and irritating to browse.  It's getting to the point that I think action may need to be taken.  I'm really anti suppression of speech, so that speaks for my level of irritation.

I recommend one or more of the following solutions to this problem:

1. Exclude new threads from the Coliseum of Chatter from the sidebar (best solution)
  2. Enforce descriptive thread titles (moderators may change thread titles without warning) to keep clickbait titles under control
  3. Consolidate Colisseum of Chatter threads and limit the creation of new threads to avoid clutter in the sidebar

This is a forum and not a chatter box.  If you want to chatter about inside jokes, broadcasting to the entire Fuwa community is not the way to do it.  Keep it inside existing threads (in the Coliseum of Chatter) or take it to Chat Box (or off-site).

I would rather have some enforcement of descriptive titles than remove a board from the new topics box.

We've had the chatter board removed from the recent topics box once and it was kind of disastrous because everybody kept complaining the board was being used as a trash can to make people's posts not noticeable, even though posts just got moved there because they didn't fit anywhere else. It also became pretty chaotic to moderate.

I think it's fair for every board to have its place in that box, the problem is when people go on streaks and make a clickbait thread title once or twice a day, which is noticeable by the whole community

Yeah I think it's annoying too, but a thread a day isn't REALLY a bannable offense in my book, as much as some people don't like it. And for the record, I don't like it either, but I still believe it to be fair.

So yeah, if possible, I'd rather just make a rule stating people's thread titles might be renamed at the mods discretion if it's just blatant clickbait. 

There's also already a rule stating inside jokes and completely pointless threads can be deleted if the mods see fit to do it. The thing is, most mods don't see a joke thread every once in a while to be literally hitler. If the recent topics box was actually being spammed by multiple threads in a single day, you'd have a case for it, but once a day or once every couple days is not really a huge offense for most of us, even if some of you personally despise it.

Tl;dr I understand people value different things on the forum, but all boards should have equal rights for the sake of fairness. I do propose we start enforcing some form of thread title rules though, to avoid future blatant clickbait threads.

7 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

1. Exclude new threads from the Coliseum of Chatter from the sidebar (best solution)
  2. Enforce descriptive thread titles (moderators may change thread titles without warning) to keep clickbait titles under control
  3. Consolidate Colisseum of Chatter threads and limit the creation of new threads to avoid clutter in the sidebar

This used to be the case before .... I don't know why chatter came back to the sidebar.

People didn't complain about the games and chatter board being hidden, people complained about how some members posted G&C threads elsewhere for them to be seen.

As far as I know a simple solution would be to forbid intentionnal misplacement and enforce the fucking rules regardless of the individual.

If Mods want this place to feel like a joke, it's their responsability.

We've had more serious discussion threads in the past months than we've had chatter threads, and it has usually been like that, especially after chatter board rules were created. Again having a joke thread a day does not equal chaos, it's more like that feeling when you wake up with an unexpected pimple.

I look at the recent topics box now and there's not a single chatter thread in there, and judging from past days the most there could be is like 1 or 2. There's no need to blow it out or proportion and wish death upon the chatter board just because some people solely prefer the serious side of the forum. A couple chatter threads don't distract people from serious discussion nor do they make the forum harder to navigate.

The very notion that having a chatter board somehow turns a whole website into a joke is kind of ridiculous in itself (In fact our Fan TL board is what makes us a joke around the internet, or so I hear). I've seen some threads in the "serious discussion" boards that were more retarded than some of the chatter board threads even, so this idea that a certain board is better than the other purely based on its subject is very silly to me.

If no one really strongly objects, I'd really like to try and implement a policy against clickbait titles, just to see if people tone it down a little. I think that's a better compromise for both sides and will hopefully avoid users being annoyed when they click a thread and it turns out to be just a joke. If there's a clear title, then you probably won't click on it if you don't like the thread, and the ones who do want to participate can click knowing what they're getting into.

Note the idea is not to ban any and all comedic titles. So long as the titles give the reader an idea of what the thread is about, it's fine.

This is something I've seen being implemented on a few reddits and I think it's worked quite well: Mods should add "Misleading" to the start of a misleading thread. Like this:

Spoiler

Jrq4XIy.png

While that example shows "quality shitpost" (lol), you get the idea. I think it's a fair solution for both sides, people don't like being tricked by a misleading title, and people also dislike no one reading their threads at all.

1 minute ago, babiker said:

This is something I've seen being implemented on a few reddits and I think it's worked quite well: Add "Misleading" to the start of a misleading thread. Like this:

Hide contents

Jrq4XIy.png

While that example shows "quality shitpost" (lol), you get the idea. I think it's a fair solution for both sides, people don't like being tricked by a misleading title, and people dislike no one reading their threads at all.

That's not a bad idea, actually. It would allow the original title to remain as well. 

5 hours ago, Down said:

I mean, if you're gonna do that you might as well change the whole title. It's like explaining a joke: it ruins it.

There's a reason why we have such a thing as the Coliseum of Chatter: so that you expect shitposting when you see a thread there.

But that's the thing, you don't see that it's in the Coliseum of Chatter until after you click it, since we're talking about the sidebar here. An alternative solution would be to mention what part of the forum it's in somewhere on the sidebar

Use the superior way of browsing the forum: the unread content page ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I checked and we can't modify the sidebar, so whatever "we" decide to do that'll have to go up to Nay or Tay - if that still can be done with IPB4, ofc.

50 minutes ago, Down said:

I mean, if you're gonna do that you might as well change the whole title. It's like explaining a joke: it ruins it.

There's a reason why we have such a thing as the Coliseum of Chatter: so that you expect shitposting when you see a thread there.

Is there a particular reason you absolutely want everyone to see the shitposting ?

You liking it doesn't matter if you're a mod.

7 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

Is there a particular reason you absolutely want everyone to see the shitposting ?

You liking it doesn't matter if you're a mod.

I was addressing that particular solution, which I think is not the right one. I don't care if the CoC posts disappear from the sidebar, I don't even use it.

If you absolutely want your eyes to be completely protected from shitposting though, I think the only efficient solution is to close your browser and unplug your internet cable.

48 minutes ago, babiker said:

But that's the thing, you don't see that it's in the Coliseum of Chatter until after you click it, since we're talking about the sidebar here. An alternative solution would be to mention what part of the forum it's in somewhere on the sidebar

Why, that sounds like a fantastic idea!  Might have to abbreviate the forum name or otherwise find a way to conserve space.