Complaints about moderation goes here

IN GENERAL if you have complaints about the staff or if you want to appeal against a mod's action  you should take it to a pm.

However a few things may need to be discussed publicly, so use this thread for that. Since someone started such a discussion in another thread I'm moving the posts here - the first page of this thread is therefore out of context.

2 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Mod @Zenophilious

Sorry, guess I just caught up in emotion from @Maxel post. And if you said that Ren already learned from his lesson, then he should (Although if he's not, well I didn't know what to said other than lame for very polite word). But if my word was offensive to @Maxel, I'm sorry. I'm just once again slightly annoying of how he couldn't calm down and instead write his anger. Although I was also disappointed, but it's not like if @Maxel really need to represent the people who disappointed very much with this case imo. Once again I'm sorry. And about hate mail, well Ren will probably delete it anyway from the moment he saw the subject. Writing hate mail was more useless than not anyway, since Ren state that he didn't care about that anymore iirc.

TLDR - I may be disappointed by this incident, but I'd far more disappointed by @Maxel reaction. And no, once again by saying he didn't look forward to it will not convince me at all. And to all of the people here who was disappointed because of this incident, let's just follow @OriginalRen progress for now (To me at least until December).

The only reason that mod cares is cause originalren is a big favorite of the mods. They wouldn't want their precious ren to get his feelings hurt.

19 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

The only reason that mod cares is cause originalren is a big favorite of the mods. They wouldn't want their precious ren to get his feelings hurt.

Standard rule which applies to everyone. It's possible to be critical of a project without being abusive to the people involved in it. Abuse is 'not kosher' and that shit can be taken to 4chan, or wherever the sewer of the internet is currently housed.

Besides which, calling for 'hate mail' is just childish. I miss the good old days, when people could express disappointment without lashing out at people.

4 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Standard rule which applies to everyone. It's possible to be critical of a project without being abusive to the people involved in it. Abuse is 'not kosher' and that shit can be taken to 4chan, or wherever the sewer of the internet is currently housed.

Besides which, calling for 'hate mail' is just childish. I miss the good old days, when people could express disappointment without lashing out at people.

Standard rule but you can't deny that they favor ren. They would probably straight up ban an offender in this case instead of giving them a warning.

The mods have such a blatant raging boner for the guy that it's not even funny. They probably cream their pants every time ren likes one of their posts or replies to them.

I thought that's what littleshogun's post was but sometimes it's impossible to decipher his engrish. He also said he edited his post to remove "offensive" material, so...

None of this has any relevance anyways. Here's the deal: Is ren making this up? Did he really lose the scripts? It doesn't matter. Nothing about the current situation changes at all.  Do the mods play favorites? Yeah, a little, but there's nothing to even apply favoritism to here so I don't even know why this is being brought up. Actually, I don't know why you're so mad at literally everyone here. Why are the mods suddenly a target?

1 minute ago, Decay said:

I thought that's what littleshogun's post was but sometimes it's impossible to decipher his engrish.

None of this has any relevance anyways. Here's the deal: Is ren making this up? Did he really lose the scripts? It doesn't matter. Nothing about the current situation changes at all.  Do the mods play favorites? Yeah, a little, but there's nothing to even apply favoritism to here so I don't even know why this is being brought up. Actually, I don't know why you're so mad at literally everyone here. Why are the mods suddenly a target?

It's not relevant to the topic at hand but it was relevant to littleshogun's and to the mod post. I was offhandedly warning littleshogun to watch what he says in regards to ren cause the mods are basically in love with him. Their favoritism isn't really "a little". I only browse this sub occasionally but even I can see that their favorite poster is ren and that they treat him above others. The favoritism here is way more noticeable than in other forums I visit. And that's counting /r/VNs where you can clearly see mod favoritism there too. I'm also not mad at anyone. I don't really care about the situation at hand and I was actually in ren's favor on the /r/VNs thread. The mods are a target cause I don't like that the "little guy" gets treated unfairly compared to the more well known posters.

50 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

Their favoritism isn't really "a little". I only browse this sub occasionally but even I can see that their favorite poster is ren and that they treat him above others. The favoritism here is way more noticeable than in other forums I visit. And that's counting /r/VNs where you can clearly see mod favoritism there too. I'm also not mad at anyone. I don't really care about the situation at hand and I was actually in ren's favor on the /r/VNs thread. The mods are a target cause I don't like that the "little guy" gets treated unfairly compared to the more well known posters.

If you don't have concrete complaints and examples to formulate I can't do much to alleviate your persecution complex =/

7 minutes ago, Down said:

If you don't have concrete complaints and examples to formulate I can't do much to alleviate your persecution complex =/

It's not a persecution complex if it's the truth. You might not favor the guy but some of your fellow mods do. I also don't have concrete evidence cause I don't bother to waste my time and screenshot convos. I've talked to at least 2 people about this before on /r/vns and they both agree that he gets blatant favoritism. And they're big name posters here too so you know they know that  ya'll do.

By the by, if this conversation goes on much longer, can the mods split this topic and move this specific discussion over to the Feedback forum? Label it something like 'accusations of mod inconsistency' or something. That way this topic doesn't get further derailed, which is looked poorly upon in the Translation project forum ... 

However, this board will be more strictly moderated than the other boards.

Due to the nature of the board, irrelevant chatter is discouraged. However, support, feedback, and relevant discussion is very much welcome in their respective threads.

Posts which WILL be hidden include:

Off-topic chatter*

Excessively harsh criticism**

*Posts that do not in any way involve or are relevant to the project team, their project, or the product they are working on.
**Keep the criticism constructive. Criticism that begins to berate, belittle, or outright harass a project's efforts will be hidden.

Source: Board rules

20 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

I'm not banned cause I complained publicly but if I had done it via PM I would have been banned long ago. It would have made you mods look worse and guilty about what I said.

You do realize all of your posts can just be deleted, right? o.O In which case it wouldn't matter if you complained publicly or in a PM.

You might want to call out the Illuminati too, you never know when they might come for you if you keep quiet...

5 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

You do realize all of your posts can just be deleted, right? o.O In which case it wouldn't matter if you complained publicly or in a PM.

You might want to call out the Illuminati too, you never know when they might come for you if you keep quiet...

They can but people will see them before they're deleted.

I was actually expecting you to come out .

1 minute ago, bigfatround0 said:

They can but people will see them before they're deleted.

I was actually expecting you to come out .

Please, people on the internet have the memory span of a goldfish.

So you have chuunibyou in addition to a persecution complex?

4 minutes ago, Nayleen said:

Don't make me go through the thread to remove entitled whining.

And whoever wants to accuse me of all people of favoritism can go shove their fedora up their asses.

Too bad I don't have a fedora. I'm probably the most normal person out of everyone here. Bunch of weebs and otakus here.

2 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Please, people on the internet have the memory span of a goldfish.

So you have chuunibyou in addition to a persecution complex?

I don't have either.

I really don't understand why Ren should have been banned. The number of banned users in Fuwanovel's history is actually very low, you have to do some really bad stuff or be extremely disruptive to the forums as a whole in order to get banned. What has Ren done? He has made a few troll posts here and there, and... ?

5 minutes ago, Decay said:

I really don't understand why Ren should have been banned. The number of banned users in Fuwanovel's history is actually very low, you have to do some really bad stuff or be extremely disruptive to the forums as a whole in order to get banned. What has Ren done? He has made a few troll posts here and there, and... ?

Just cause the number of banned people is low doesn't mean that the guy doesn't deserve a ban. And I'm not actually advocating for his ban.