What makes the perfect waifu?

LoganW

Well, I'll admit that I haven't found a perfect waifu for me yet, but they would probably have to have these qualities:

Looks: Not a loli but has small breasts and cute face. Preferably fairly tall actually. Hair color doesn't matter, but it has to be short and messy. Medium-sized eyes, preferably blue or green. Tomboy-ish, and someone who generally doesn't care for their looks much.

Personality: Mysterious. It should be hard to predict what this character would do in any situation, the way she thinks should be hard to understand. Could act aloof and always look at things from an unusual perspective, or could be very calculating and have everything planned several turns ahead. Should be an introvert, or at least not someone who can't shut up as that's really annoying. Has to like video games, anime and or VNs of course. Not too clingy, in fact I'd prefer someone slightly cold and indifferent. Should be serious most of the time; doesn't like joking or doing stupid, childish things. Something like that I guess :D

It really depends for me.... I can't help but seeing waifus as individuals, and by that I mean certain traits or tropes don't determine my affinity.

But if I had to choose a trait of my top two waifus, one has an emotional range of an electric toaster, Kaga, and the other is a sadistic nee-chan type that just likes to hang around sunflowers, Yuuka Kazami.

For me, the perfect waifu is a being which helps me improve myself.

A waifu will comfort me when I'm sad, will motivate me when I'm lazy and will support me in achieving my goals.
When I wake up in the morning and I don't know why I should even get out of the bed, I look at my dakimakura beside me and it makes me smile and let's me think that life isn't so bad after all. And when I was a bad boy during the day I don't even dare to enter the bedroom at the end of the day because she's there and I know she's disappointed of me and that breaks my heart and I swear to myself that I will be a better person in the future.

That's what having a waifu is all about in my opinion.

Speaking of waifus, I haven't seen any waifu material in the last 5 years to be honest. Nowadays, all characters are only wish-fulfilling otaku-pandering with no mind of their own. Only fetishized moe-tropes.
I think the worst thing with otaku media in the last few years (and the reason why I think it's objectively bad) is that it doesn't even try to improve the reader/watcher anymore. Back in the day, waifu games had a protagonist who needed to go trough some character development before the heroine would fall in love with him. He needed to try to be worthy of her. The message was "Even you can be awesome and be loved, if you're really trying."
Today, everyone loves the protagonist from the beginning for no reasons and every part of the heroine's personality is designed to cater to some superficial fetish like hair color or the amount of tsun and dere. The message here is "We love you even though you're a disgusting hetare." In my opinion that's the most harmful message you can give to the modern otaku audience.

Oh my sweet summer children, what do you know of waifus?

Waifus are for the Fall season, my little weebs, when the shows release a hundred at a time and shit taste reviews come flowing from Facebook anime pages. Waifus are for the long night, when you hide from the outside world for months at a time, and millions of potential children are ejaculated and live and die from your excessive masturbation while you grow gaunt and hungry, and your parents decide to move you out of the house.

... so uh, monster girls are the superior form of waifu, as evidenced below :^))))

)latest?cb=20160125204531

Usually :

- Long, straight hair. Mostly black, but brown, red or blond accepted !

- Thin body, small breasts (Not loli though)

- Dominant. Not really Tsundere, just dominant overall.

- Younger OR older (I'm 22 :D) by a few years.

- Sexually innocent OR very experienced.

- Preferably voiced by Hanazawa Kana or Chiwa Saito (Ayana Taketatsu or Hayami Saori accepted !)

I'm not really into equality in a relationship...

• 2 years later...

I have necroed this thread to announce that this question, along with many other issues surrounding waifus, have finally been thoroughly researched and analysed. For everybody's convenience, the findings have been condensed down by a Youtube celeb to a 10 minute academic video. Rejoice everyone.

12 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

I have necroed this thread to announce that this question, along with many other issues surrounding waifus, have finally been thoroughly researched and analysed. For everybody's convenience, the findings have been condensed down by a Youtube celeb to a 10 minute academic video. Rejoice everyone.

Oh my, now that's quality necromancing. He absolutely nailed it :wahaha:

As a romance fag myself, I usually enjoy more the chemistry a couple has than the isolate "waifiness" of a heroine. But if I had to list some features I tend to like, that would be an able girl who can usually manage on her own, but like any human being has her moments of weakness when she needs that special person by her side. Plus, that's what I believe a relationship should be like: knowing that you can rely on your partner when you need it and making they feel the same way. If it's too one-sided it turns into babysitting, which you know, could be also fine, but that's not an ideal romantic relationship for me, it's something else.

13 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

This is possible the best video I have ever seen

1 hour ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Believe it or not, I actually don't have a waifu. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse.

Well, well, you haven't read enough quality VNs to say that for sure. I don't think I could go through a really good VN or anime series without a temporary infatuation with a 2D girl. Zero Two would be the latest example, truly a first rate waifu meterial. :chaika:

Although those are very much non-lewd fascinations and I don't buy ridiculously overpriced merch, so I guess I deviate from anime fan stereotype in that respect. 

------

And for the original topic, I think my criteria would be:

Personality => design > Intrigue/interesting backstory - but all those three are necessary for a really good waifu in my opinion. I will never be mesmerised by a character that doesn't charm me and don't have some interesting internal conflict or secret that makes them more then they seem at first glance. 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

• 7 months later...

I have no problems if my waifu is moe. I like it that way.

The only things I care about is her intelligence (she must be at least aware of what's happening or can connect the dots if possible), her physical appearance (not too skinny nor chubby, but pleasing for the eyes... especially when she blushes), and someone who is quirky.

If she's tsun and hot, oh! That's the best one. ^_^

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...