VN to heal me after hatsuyuki sakura

AKB4ty7

This was actually irritating me a bit in Conjuerors VN contest. I had the impression that many voters thought that Hatsusaku is just a light hearted moege.Ā But most comments I've seen from people who actually read it implied more that it's a more sophisticated and mentallyĀ exhausting VN,Ā maybe even comparable to the true route of ef. You hardly need a 'recovery VN' forĀ a feel good moege.

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

This was actually irritating me a bit in Conjuerors VN contest. I had the impression that many voters thought that Hatsusaku is just a light hearted moege.Ā But most comments I've seen from people who actually read it implied more that it's a more sophisticated and mentallyĀ exhausting VN,Ā maybe even comparable to the true route of ef. You hardly need a 'recovery VN' forĀ a feel good moege.

Hatsuyuki sakura is a weird vn because it's a bit all over the place in terms of genres. It has quite some normal charage and moege elements (shirokuma's route especially). The depressing utsusge feels is very hard in some routes as well is in the background overall. It also has some chuuni like parts, although they aren't really good.

Anyhow, it's not a moege. prbly something like a charage-utsuge.

Conjuerors VN contest honestly is more a test to see what people think of vn's they haven't even played. As the majority of the voters can't read jp, or haven't played all the titles. Making the results rather funny, although interesting.

2 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

you know, by going off with the "this is a light-hearted moege" right from the start means that you're gonna get shaken up by it way more, which is kinda positive imo.

2 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

you know, by going off with the "this is a light-hearted moege" right from the start means that you're gonna get shaken up by it way more, which is kinda positive imo.

Except it's not entirely lighthearted, even at the start. There's an underlying feeling of loneliness present from the first scene. And the protagonist is a severely depressed misanthrope.

4 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Except it's not entirely lighthearted, even at the start. There's an underlying feeling of loneliness present from the first scene. And the protagonist is a severely depressed misanthrope.

I meant in terms of what you tell others, not the initial start of the novelĀ :rimu: