Rewrite Harvest Festa full English fan patch likely coming very soon

Fred the Barber

Gnashes, a QCer with Amaterasu Translations, has been posting status over on the Kazamatsuri forums for the last year or so. If I'm reading it correctly (the information is all scattered throughout a general-purpose thread), it seems that literally everything has been QCed once over, as of a couple weeks ago. Full thread is here: https://forum.kazamatsuri.org/t/key-games-translation-status-updates/554/213. It's always hard to tell whether the release is actually coming soon, though Gnashes seemed to think so at the time of that post. Whoever is in control of the Kazamatsuri twitter account is at least confident enough in it to say the patch is "imminent", in a tweet yesterday, but it doesn't seem like they have any more context than that thread.

At any rate, I'm getting a little bit hyped, deciding whether to order a physical copy of the game now or just to wait for the actual release. Who all is joining me on the hype train?

20 minutes ago, Funnerific said:

Remember SubaHibi or Ley Line? Do you still get hyped for fan translations that are supposedly right around the corner?

Only Harvest Festa isn't being translated by some pretentious shitlord :makina: Amaterasu is generally pretty quick with their tl's, the original Rewrite took them under a year.

Anyway, much hype, looks like Harvest Festa will be my first VN of 2016.

3 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Only Harvest Festa isn't being translated by some pretentious shitlord :makina: Amaterasu is generally pretty quick with their tl's, the original Rewrite took them under a year.

Anyway, much hype, looks like Harvest Festa will be my first VN of 2016.

"I am sorry but we are officially releasing Rewrite together with Key. Harvest Festa will be released after that maybe in 5 years~" :makina: 

DECLARATION: Hype thrusters have been Engaged.
FACT: Hype thrusters have High energy costs. Buying Tea helps Teabot engage hype Thrusters.
REQUEST: Please buy Tea.

16 minutes ago, Silvz said:

It was like yesterday when they finished Comyu and picked Harvest Festa, so I'm pretty hyped for this

What I'm more interested on, however, is their next project

DECLARATION: You are widely Mistaken.
ASSERTION: Translation of Harvest Festa Started on the First of October twenty Fourteen.
FACT: That is precisely Five-hundred and thirty One days ago, counting Today.
FACT: Yesterday is not Five-hundred and thirty One days ago, counting Today.

4 minutes ago, PAscension said:

So... if I have this right, Key is having an official version released. Does that mean that the physical Japanese copy I bought won't be getting a patch? That would bum me out because I did the same thing with Angel Beats.

I'm not sure if you're talking about Rewrite or Rewrite: Harvest Festa, but either way if you have a Japanese copy you should be able to apply the English fan translation patch to it just fine.

7 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

I'm not sure if you're talking about Rewrite or Rewrite: Harvest Festa, but either way if you have a Japanese copy you should be able to apply the English fan translation patch to it just fine.

Well I was worried that an official English release of the game might mean that there wouldn't be a patch. But I'm sure that even if that happened, a patch would make it out to the internet anyway, so I probably have nothing to worry about.

1 minute ago, PAscension said:

Well I was worried that an official English release of the game might mean that there wouldn't be a patch. But I'm sure that even if that happened, a patch would make it out to the internet anyway, so I probably have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, it's one thing if they'd just started, but now that it's supposedly complete, even if they get told to cease and desist (which I don't think has ever happened to Key translations, might be wrong) someone will "accidentally" leak it.

32 minutes ago, Teabot said:

DECLARATION: Hype thrusters have been Engaged.
FACT: Hype thrusters have High energy costs. Buying Tea helps Teabot engage hype Thrusters.
REQUEST: Please buy Tea.

DECLARATION: You are widely Mistaken.
ASSERTION: Translation of Harvest Festa Started on the First of October twenty Fourteen.
FACT: That is precisely Five-hundred and thirty One days ago, counting Today.
FACT: Yesterday is not Five-hundred and thirty One days ago, counting Today.

Yesterday is actualy five-hundred and thirty one days ago, don't you know how to count?

14 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Yesterday is actualy five-hundred and thirty one days ago, don't you know how to count?

Wow. I never knew.
The more you know.

In other news, I'm excited for this! I've been waiting for Harvest Festa for way too long. I'm still wondering why this took longer that Rewrite, but I don't care any more. I'm excited.

35 minutes ago, PAscension said:

So... if I have this right, Key is having an official version released. Does that mean that the physical Japanese copy I bought won't be getting a patch? That would bum me out because I did the same thing with Angel Beats.

To my knowledge, Key has never announced an official localized release for any of Rewrite, Harvest Festa, or Angel Beats, but I could easily have missed something and I'd be happy to be proven wrong on any of those counts. What I can recall of theirs that is done or in the works, for official English releases:

Planetarian (released), Clannad (released), Little Busters! (translation in the works), Tomoyo After (translation in the works?), Harmonia (game not released yet, translation to come around the same time as the game)

12 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Wow. I never knew.
The more you know.

In other news, I'm excited for this! I've been waiting for Harvest Festa for way too long. I'm still wondering why this took longer that Rewrite, but I don't care any more. I'm excited.

I may be wrong here, but I remember Amaterasu's translator saying they would take this translation slowly compared to previous ones

3 hours ago, Funnerific said:

Remember SubaHibi or Ley Line? Do you still get hyped for fan translations that are supposedly right around the corner?

Except Subahibi is coming out officially in 20XX. Aokana also got delayed as well at 100% translation.

Being hyped for a release at 100% is confirmed to be a waste of time at this point. I won't believe them until I see it fully translated in my VN folder.

Yeah, while I was writing and rewriting the OP I had that same link around and some commentary about how it apparently hadn't been updated in a while... here's to hoping the Kazamatsuri posts are closer to the truth than the official Amaterasu page.

To be completely honest, I wonder if @PAscension is maybe on the right track, and the ominous silence is actually because of some ongoing official licensing talks with Key, perhaps for a package deal of the previous Rewrite translation and the nearly-done Rewrite Harvest Festa translation. I'd actually be delighted if that's the case - we'd probably see some delay, sure, but official English releases are nourishment for my VN-loving soul, a sign that things are moving in a good direction for us lowly non-Japanese-reading plebes.

48 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Yeah, while I was writing and rewriting the OP I had that same link around and some commentary about how it apparently hadn't been updated in a while... here's to hoping the Kazamatsuri posts are closer to the truth than the official Amaterasu page.

To be completely honest, I wonder if @PAscension is maybe on the right track, and the ominous silence is actually because of some ongoing official licensing talks with Key, perhaps for a package deal of the previous Rewrite translation and the nearly-done Rewrite Harvest Festa translation. I'd actually be delighted if that's the case - we'd probably see some delay, sure, but official English releases are nourishment for my VN-loving soul, a sign that things are moving in a good direction for us lowly non-Japanese-reading plebes.

I was probably just misunderstanding something I heard, but it would make sense. Ever since Clannad's Kickstarter success, Key's been taking more interest in making English versions. They've always been heavily fighting piracy and would rather make things easier for their American fans. With the Little Busters Ex translation on the way, I can definitely see Rewrite coming next. I really hope so because Rewrite is my favorite of Key's works, even if I did have to read it by watching a playthrough and I want to have the chance to throw my money at them for a copy. They deserve it.