Zero Escape 3 Official JP Website Opens, TRAILER COMING 17/3 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Funyarinpa

People keep using that 'people don't like reading excuse' and I will keep telling them (and I don't care who they are) that the raw statistics are not on their side. Gamers may not like reading, and Zero Escape and 999 were always more of an adventure game than a VN, so this doesn't really surprise me, but it's VNs inability to target readers that is one of the key limiters to their growth imo.

The descriptions in 999 were great though, I'll miss them :( And if you play ZTD in Japanese you'll need English subtitles (unless you understand Japanese of course), so doesnt that render the "People don't like reading" point moot?

Please tell me we can pause the subtitles or something similar like how you can advance text in most VN

I'd be shocked (and disappointed) if there isn't at least a text log and some sort of tips list. Telltale format isn't the best for complex plots, it really encourages locking you into decisions more than exploring every path. Its a sad fact that a lot of people find reading a 'barrier to entry', but replaying cut scenes just sucks! Still I'm relatively confident we're in good hands, VLR had very little narration outside all the files anyways.

Huh. Before I read this, I was always bent on buying ZTD, ASAP, no matter what. Now I think I'll play more careful.

Considering the funding/development problems the third part has had, and also the great pressure Uchikoshi has to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the massive mindfuck ZE is, chances are it will be a disappointment.

3 hours ago, grim_tales1 said:

The 3DS ones look awful.

3DS does not means it must have shitty gfx. Revelations were okay, and they have MUCH more 3d objects on the screen. They can at least make a proper lighting in ZTD to make models not to look like glowing puppets!

Just compare this:

zero-time-dilemma-12.jpg

zero-time-dilemma-2.jpg

zero-time-dilemma-3.jpg

with this:

3ds_residentevilrevelations_shot2.jpg

59.jpg

63.jpg

WTF, really. Having in mind how similar VLR looked for PSVita - I think it would be 100% identical in this case as well.

Even VLR looks better than THIS (while 999 looks better than VLR). The more Chunsoft sacrifice 2d for 3d - the more it looks like shit.

It would be a miracle if that would sell somewhat decent. Even screenshots from FF8 (released in 1999 for PSX which had absolutely redundant specs comparing for today) looks better. They would fake promo videos, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Yes, the graphics are subpar and could've, should've been better, we get it.

But if you were playing Zero Escape for the graphics, then lol @ you

Issue that this one would be mostly about graphics and more like Telltale games like TWD, right? That's the whole point of my complains. And yeah, I am playing ZE for graphics - at least I first played 999 because it had some nice graphics and character in DS game and only after I understand that it have very interesting plot.

So, as most of you (I hope) wish Uchikoshi to continue developing games he want - this one should be more eye-catching than its predecessor, to get more attention for new customers... While it fails and I am angry because of that.